need appraisals for the following please

Falvicar
Friday, January 12th, 2018, 3:57:39 PM

I'm considering departing with a few blades for personal reasons (silvers or paypal though I'd prefer the paypal). If somebody wouldn't mind, can they please appraise the following blades? No, I'm not selling them all (obviously I'm going to keep one of the 8x blades) but I'm considering my options since I'm strongly considering going back to dual wielding paladin.

That said:

1) 8x OLD STYLE (falchion based), T5 ensorcelled, Bubble flaring, Lesser Mood, blessable katana (max light)

2) 6x Adamadine wakizashi (max light)

3) 8x veil iron katana (two hander) with 26 points of damage weighting in addition to it's natural crit weight. It also has greater void flares and is max light in addition the illegal alter

4) a blackened mithril greathelm. This has retractable fire flares. I have seen it go as high as 60 points of damage.

Thanks

ondreian
Friday, January 12th, 2018, 4:04:18 PM

are they greater or lesser bubble flares?

Mogonis
Friday, January 12th, 2018, 4:06:57 PM

What's the katana look like? You never say. Is it the adamantine one?

Falvicar
Friday, January 12th, 2018, 4:38:03 PM

if you're talking about the old style, it was never a true adamantine one.

For the bubble flare, it's Lesesr bubble flare from DR.

Mogonis
Friday, January 12th, 2018, 5:06:12 PM

I know it's not real adamantine. Just wanted to confirm which one it is.

ondreian
Friday, January 12th, 2018, 6:24:28 PM

old style is probably worth 55-70m the shortsword is worth around 25, sadly adamantine is an awful offhand choice for many races. the veil iron katana, I have no idea, i'd probably auction it.

Falvicar
Sunday, January 14th, 2018, 12:47:18 PM

Old style appraisal is rather disappointing. I'd thought it net at least 200m. Mooted point atm though as I caved and went back to dual wielding to use it.

I'm still curious on the old style blade. That was not cheap to get to 8x (especially being veil iron), let alone adding the greater void flares and the 26 service points towards damage weighting and counting. I'm considering selling it still if it's worthwhile enough. Otherwise eventually I'll relearn how to use it.

Mogonis
Sunday, January 14th, 2018, 12:50:28 PM

No way it reaches 200m without being 10x with a ton of weighting, honestly. Lesser Mood is fluff, and Lesser Bubble certainly won't push it that high. If it had a bunch of weighting and Greater Elemental flares, maybe.

My 6x MCW T5 falchion isn't even worth 200m. I did get a 150m offer on it, but turned it down because it's my Duskruin and bandit blade.

Falvicar
Sunday, January 14th, 2018, 6:52:20 PM

I'm likely going to be greater voids on it and add weighting since I honestly don't think the bubbles are worthwhile anymore. Plus I'm already paladin bonding to it anyway so I might as well as the crit weighting once able. I intend to do the same with my offhand

Sheer curiousity: Has anybody ever been able to use an adamantine blade and actually see it disarm or break a weapon? So far I've yet to see that so I'm a little disappointed and I'm already using my own wizard to start enchanting an eonake wakizashi as high they are able to to get it 8x so I can then add the other nifty flares (like making it T5, adding the greater flare of sort, and/or adding weighting). Seems like adamantine is more troublesome than it's worth so far. I'm still keeping it though.

Hopefully Duskruin shows comes in April,

Vishra
Monday, January 15th, 2018, 5:43:29 PM

I have an adamantine star, and I've seen it disarm a few times. It's not frequent by any means. You have to parry the attack for a chance to have it trigger. And then it's a really low chance even then.