An Open Invitation

Maylan
Friday, January 12th, 2018, 1:39:35 PM

I'm going to try a little experiment, and I'm not sure if this is going to work out or not so please bear with me.

As a follow-up to our discussions around the Landing culture being open and welcome to new faces, I've received several messages from individuals on both sides of the aisle - some of you expressing a desire to reach out and welcome newcomers, and some of you expressing feeling left out. I'd like to match the people who want to help with those of you who want to give Landing RP a shot.

Who should participate: -Landing-based players who think yes, I too would like to help new players feel welcome here. -Players who have felt snubbed in the past but want to give this a second shot. -Players who have never dabbled in Landing storylines, but are interested in checking the whole thing out.

What we can do to help: -Provide resources and background information on characters and happenings so you don't feel lost and confused. -Introduce you to friendly Landing-based characters and players. -Provide a sounding-board for ideas and contributions you'd like to make to a storyline, and give you advice on how to move those forward. -Help you navigate roleplay conflict: many of the landing storylines are structured to create deliberate conflict between characters. This conflict exists, for the most part, between CHARACTERS and not PLAYERS.

What we can't do: -Build your reputation for you - that's up to you. -Promise time in the "spotlight", or direct influence over a GM-run event. -Alter our personal RP style. If you are matched with someone who plays a curmudgeon in-game, do not expect to be greeted with smiles and hugs from them in TSC. DO expect friendly chat and guidance in OOC channels.

Why this is a good time to start: -Kenstrom is currently running some shorter-term storylines that will be leading up to a longer epic adventure. -The Town Council debates occurring this weekend would be the perfect time to dip your toes in, as these are setup to be more of an observing event as opposed to an interactive event. It's the perfect way to get to know the personalities of several town NPCs.

How to participate: -Send me an OOC whisper in-game, PM me on LNET, or find me on Discord: Maylan the Maybug#0248