Long time no see, HARDCORE! This competition is open and available to all HC competitors new and old, and is something of a scavenger hunt. As the competition name may indicate, this challenge is all about collecting junk items.
What Junk qualifies: a smooth stone, a table leg, some tree bark, a piece of iron, a moldy bone, a chipped brick, some tattered cloth ADJECTIVES: (scratched|corroded|polished|shiny|tarnished|dented|rusty|bent) of THESE ITEMS (ring, medallion, earring, anklet|bracelet|fork|plate|coin|cup|nail|spoon|doorknob|horseshoe)
What Junk does NOT qualify:
- Anything that can be sold at any NPC shop for any amount.
- Any clothing item genned by the treasure system, regardless of value.
- Any piece of equipment (weapon, shield, armor, armor accessories) regardless of value.
- Any container regardless of value.
Determining a Winner:
- The HARDCORE competitor with the most points at the end of the competition is the winner.
- All unique items are worth 1 point, including the same item with a differing adjective (such as a shiny or rusted horseshoe).
- All duplicates are worth .1 points, EXCEPT: a smooth stone, some tree bark, and a piece of iron. Only 1 of these items will be counted for points.
- In the event of a tie, a random number generator will be used to determine the winner.
All items must be obtained following standard HARDCORE rules. No passing items, taking items from the bench, any container from the ground, unless the treasure system (or other in game system) genned the item for you or by means of your direct actions.
Qualifying junk items obtained from before the beginning of the contest by the participating HARDCORE character following the above rules ARE ELIGIBLE.
Deadline: The deadline for the contest is from today, 23 December 2017 until 6 January 2018 at 11:59 EST (2 weeks)
Method of Entry: A list of all your items must be posted to the appropriate thread of a qualifying forum (The Officials, The Elanthian Forums, or the Player's Corner) before the deadline in order to be eligible. This list of items WILL be verified, so keep them until such time as a winner has been declared.
Prizes: The winning contestant will receive 3 million silver. Free to play (F2P) characters will have their own bracket and prize pool assuming two or more valid entries are submitted. If 3 or more competitors of either the standard or F2P brackets submit valid entries, a second place prize of 1 million silver will be awarded in each bracket. Winning contestants and runners up will be added to the HARDCORE leaderboards. NOTE: All silver will be paid to a non-HARDCORE character of your choosing.
Have a question about whether a piece of junk you found qualifies? Ask in this thread or message Sulikfor on Lnet in game.
TL:DR - Collect qualifying pieces of junk for 2 weeks and post your haul on the forums by the deadline. The person with the most junk wins fortune and glory!