Gemstone Prime HARDCORE Seasonal Competition

Evarin
Monday, December 11th, 2017, 4:24:32 PM

Explanation - The concept of a season within HARDCORE is to provide a recurring challenge to see who can advance the furthest from level 0 the fastest in one month's time. Each season will start at 12:00 AM on the first of the month and ending 11:59 PM on the last day. A new character must be created for each season, though said character can then transition to the standard HARDCORE competition upon the season's end. Other than the restrictions on when your character is created, all other rules of HARDCORE apply. Your character does not need to survive to the end of the season in order to be eligible to win.

Entry Rules - Characters made after the 1st of the month and deemed as meeting the standards of the competition will be automatically entered into the competition. The "best effort" will either be the last information I have recorded on the entrant before the deadline, OR a post must be made marking your character’s name and a readout of the EXPERIENCE command to indicate the character fits within the allotted time constraints of the current season. Your post may be made on the Official forums in the HARDCORE folder, or on the PC or EO forums in the appropriate thread. YOUR POST MUST BE MADE NO MORE THAN 24 HOURS AFTER THE END OF THE COMPETITION IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED ELIGIBLE VIA THIS METHOD.

Winning Entry – The winning entry will be decided by who among the eligible entries with valid submissions has reached the highest level in the allotted time. If two or more contestants are the same level, the entrant with the most experience shall be considered the winner. In the event of a tie, both entries will be awarded first place. The same standard will be used to determined the 2nd place contestant.

Prizes Pt. 1 – Prizes will be awarded to the winning contestant(s) as so long as there is at least one participant who meets the entrance and submission qualifications listed above. Seasonal prizes are in addition to any standard HARDCORE prizes, meaning the participant will receive the standard 1 million silver reward for reaching level 20 should he or she manage to do so during the course of a season.

Prizes Pt. 2 – The 1st place contestant of the HARDCORE seasonal contest will receive 4 million silver which will be awarded to a non-HARDCORE character of their choosing and have their efforts recorded on the HARDCORE Leaderboard. The 2nd place finisher will receive 1 million silver which will be awarded to a non-HARDCORE character of their choosing and also have their efforts recorded on the HARDCORE Leaderboard.

Stipulations – At this time, entrants into the HARDCORE seasonal contest cannot make use of any achievement-based “Unlockables”, or any other starting advantages. This and all other rules are subjection to alteration at any point in the contest. Though highly unlikely, I also reserve the right to disqualify any participant and/or cancel the contest for any reason.

The Second season is now live from February 1st - 28th.

Current Roster:

Frazler Kros Egard Mazikaen Borrs

January Seasonal Results:

Overall Winner: Mazakeene (F2P) Second Place Finisher: Rattas

F2P Winner: Maazikeen (F2P) F2P Second Place Finisher: Owsom (F2P)

Evarin
Monday, January 1st, 2018, 8:16:26 AM

Greetings and welcome to the first HARDCORE Seasonal Competition. This event is now live. To enter, simply type TIME and EXPERIENCE to show that your character is no more than level 1 and post the results in an appropriate thread. Each Season will be 1 month long, so submit your final entry marking your progress with TIME and EXPERIENCE before the end of the month to qualify.

Good luck and have fun.

Evarin
Tuesday, January 16th, 2018, 8:56:51 AM

We're a little over halfway in the inaugural HARDCORE Seasonal Contest and i've modified the rules a bit, loosening entry requirements to ensure a healthy amount of competitors. Anyone that rolled up a character from 1 January onward has been automatically entered into the contest. Feel free to opt out if you are are not interested in participating.

Here is the current Seasonal Roster:

Ainumorco Owsom (F2P) Eddo Rikame Dredpok Bruzz Durie Yimo Snaze Mazakeene (F2P) Obingo

Mazakeene easily leads the field at level 16. As she has died earlier in the month, that will likely remain her high score unless she returns yet again with another of the Maza clan. Hers is an especially impressive feat as she is a Free-to-play character. There is a little over 2 weeks to go, so there's still plenty of time for current competitors to take the lead, or even a new character to step in and win it all.

Evarin
Monday, January 22nd, 2018, 2:44:30 PM

A brief Seasonal contest update as we head into the final stretch. Mazakeene's level 16 entry still stands as the highest and it's looking like she may walk away with it.

New entrants:

Sindaras
Maazikeen (F2P)
Eroland
Rattas Ratsil Scurf

Losus
Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018, 11:38:10 AM

Yeah I can't touch mazs hustle

Evarin
Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018, 11:45:20 AM

@losus said in Gemstone Prime HARDCORE Seasonal Competition:

Yeah I can't touch mazs hustle

Don't feel bad. Her new character is already level 8, probably level 9 or even 10 by now. Chick is a machine.

Evarin
Thursday, February 1st, 2018, 7:38:33 AM

In order to have your best effort put forward, you have until the end of the day today (11:59 PM EST) to submit a copy of your EXP. If you do not submit a copy, I will use what information I have last recorded for you, which may be highly inaccurate.

Evarin
Thursday, February 1st, 2018, 1:32:56 PM

The February 2018 Seasonal Contest has started. Simply roll up a new character in HARDCORE to be eligible.

Prizes Pt. 2 – The 1st place contestant of the HARDCORE seasonal contest will receive 4 million silver which will be awarded to a non-HARDCORE character of their choosing and have their efforts recorded on the HARDCORE Leaderboard. The 2nd place finisher will receive 1 million silver which will be awarded to a non-HARDCORE character of their choosing and also have their efforts recorded on the HARDCORE Leaderboard.

Evarin
Friday, February 2nd, 2018, 10:24:16 AM

The results of the January Seasonal Contest are as follows:

1st place overall goes to the level Mazakeen, with 2nd place going to Rattas.

1st place for F2P goes to Maazikeen, with 2nd place going to Owsom.

Congratulations to all the winning competitors.

Losus
Sunday, February 4th, 2018, 8:36:59 AM

For February please add Egard the dwarven sorcerer (F2P).

Also please use my January 2nd place F2P into the MHO coffers. I no longer play "standard" GS

Evarin
Monday, February 5th, 2018, 6:37:27 AM

@losus said in Gemstone Prime HARDCORE Seasonal Competition:

For February please add Egard the dwarven sorcerer (F2P).

Also please use my January 2nd place F2P into the MHO coffers. I no longer play "standard" GS

That's very generous of you. I will add him to both rosters.

Losus
Tuesday, February 6th, 2018, 9:59:24 AM

@Evarin

You are generous with the rewards and I really don't play non hardcore anymore so that money being used to help for events is what it is all about.