Official: Simucon Indiegogo Giftbags Available Now

Evarin
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, 8:31:19 PM

Quote from GM Sleken:

You may now assist to receive your goodie bag. An extra item has been placed in them for the delay. We apologize for the delay and I will strive to ready the scripted item as soon as possible.

ASGM Sleken

Evarin
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, 8:36:26 PM

look in my sack In the large sack you see a shimmering violet orb, a feature token, a customization token, an enhancive token and an Adventurer's Guild voucher pack.

Sabotage
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, 9:27:38 PM

DO NOT RAISE THE TOKENS!!!!! Summit Academy isn't running and it may consume the item and will create more work for GMs to replace the item.

Maetriks
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, 9:30:37 PM

@sabotage said in Official: Simucon Indiegogo Giftbags Available Now:

DO NOT RAISE THE TOKENS!!!!! Summit Academy isn't running and it may consume the item and will create more work for GMs to replace the item.

Spoken like a man who fucked up.

Sabotage
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, 9:33:24 PM

@maetriks alt text

allereli
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, 9:46:55 PM

so yeah, don't use those tokens!

Sabotage
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, 9:49:14 PM

https://gswiki.play.net/SummitAcademy#SimuCoinCostsforServices

that is what the tokens will do by the way, so you can get your stuff ready for Feb.

allereli
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, 9:56:39 PM

alt text

gsplayer413
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 4:56:25 AM

So poor communication through this whole process, items finally delivered months after they were originally expected.. and now I still have to wait until February to use some of the items from it?

Sabotage
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 6:24:31 AM

I don't know when the next one will be I assumed Feb because that was the last one, maybe its running earlier.

Alastir
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 6:49:41 AM

I would expect Summit in December.

Evarin
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 8:59:29 AM

I am confused as to why there wasn't an announcement to tell us HOW to use the items at the time of delivery. Even if it was something like, "Please don't use the items yet. We will be telling you soon how/when to redeem these tokens."

BriarFox
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 9:07:42 AM

@evarin said in Official: Simucon Indiegogo Giftbags Available Now:

I am confused as to why there wasn't an announcement to tell us HOW to use the items at the time of delivery. Even if it was something like, "Please don't use the items yet. We will be telling you soon how/when to redeem these tokens."

You and me both. I find it odd to distribute items that cannot be used until February.

Evarin
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 9:09:21 AM

I'm fine with the GMs distributing them early to stop people from getting too carried away with the complaints. People were getting understandably indignant, but a simple sentence or two about the tokens was all that was required.

Sabotage
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 9:28:32 AM

@evarin Only the adventurer guild things were extra, the tokens were always a part of the package. Even if we got them the day before Simucon they weren't going to be usable until Summit.

Evarin
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 9:31:17 AM

@sabotage said in Official: Simucon Indiegogo Giftbags Available Now:

@evarin Only the adventurer guild things were extra, the tokens were always a part of the package. Even if we got them the day before Simucon they weren't going to be usable until Summit.

I don't believe that was widely known, hence the confusion why an explanation wasn't given at the time they were going out.

allereli
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 9:35:29 AM

@alastir said in Official: Simucon Indiegogo Giftbags Available Now:

I would expect Summit in December.

I would expect a dig.

I am confused as to why there wasn’t an announcement to tell us HOW to use the items at the time of delivery. Even if it was something like, “Please don’t use the items yet. We will be telling you soon how/when to redeem these tokens.”

because Simu? the fact that they can be activated at all outside of the event and that it results in the item poofing is poor foresight.

@briarfox said in Official: Simucon Indiegogo Giftbags Available Now:

You and me both. I find it odd to distribute items that cannot be used until February.

IF the event runs then, for all we know they can be totally worthless.

Haliste
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 12:16:48 PM

I don't believe you can actually redeem the tokens. If you RAISE them, it'll tell you that you can't do that.

If I recall correctly, you have to have the token in-hand in order to "purchase" a customization.

Evarin
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 6:25:42 PM

Quote from GM Retser via The Officials:

Hey Everyone, you can now claim your Goodies by using the GIFTBOX verb.

giftbox

Usage: GIFTBOX {OPTION}

Options: SIMUCON17 - Claims your Simucon Giftbag if unclaimed from 2017 (1/2).

There are still more accounts to be added to the list. If you use the command and your account is missing, it will instruct you to e-mail Sleken.

If you already have e-mailed him please be patient.

I posted this in the Gemstone area so that it gets main paged. Please continue the discussion under the previous topic under SIMUCON outside of GEMSTONE IV.

http://forums.play.net/forums/SimuCon/SimuCon%20'17/General%20Discussions/view

Retser, ASGM

This message was originally posted in Socializing, SimuCon. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/219/3183/view/134

Evarin
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 8:08:34 PM

Quote from GM Estild via Discord:

Estild - Today at 7:37 PM There will be a separate announcement once titles are available. They won't require you to do anything other than set it if you want to use it. There will are 2 separate SimuCon gift boxes. The first is now available. The second one will have the scripted item and be available later.

allereli
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 8:25:29 PM

Estild - Today at 7:37 PM There will be a separate announcement once titles are available. They won't require you to do anything other than set it if you want to use it. There will are 2 separate SimuCon gift boxes. The first is now available. The second one will have the scripted item and be available later.

why is this shit not being included with info ON THE OFFICIALS? @Wyrom

viekn
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 8:28:32 PM

@allereli said in Official: Simucon Indiegogo Giftbags Available Now:

why is this shit not being included with info ON THE OFFICIALS? @Wyrom

Agreed. It's fine for GM's to comment on discord, but it should really only be about game mechanics, understanding the game, etc. Not for stuff like this where there are a bunch of us who bought the goodie bags but don't use discord.

Alastir
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 8:37:44 PM

The fact that you're reading about it (and complaining about it) here shows they don't need to post it absolutely everywhere.

Evarin
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 8:39:21 PM

I could start X-posting stuff onto the Officials, but ...that just seems weird.

Sabotage
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 8:45:33 PM

@evarin It shouldn't be your job, these forums and discord aren't meant to be locations for official announcement, it's to engage with questions people may have that don't use the officials and is totally optional.

Evarin
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 8:58:57 PM

I know it seems trivial, but crossposting can be a bit of a pain in the ass, and that's only using these forums or the PC. If it is a choice between GMs not responding to anyone via discord because they don't feel like X-posting or some stuff possibly passing through the cracks, i'd choose the first option.

Alastir
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 8:59:46 PM

I'd rather have more information, regardless of the media used, than no information because people want to complain about how that information is shared.

Evarin
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 9:01:38 PM

I'd rather have more information, regardless of the media used, than no information because people want to complain about how that information is shared.

Agreed. Attempting to cajole the GMs into Xposting every time they say something of note in the Discord isn't going to result in much more information being put on the Officials. I think it'll just mean no back-and-forth with GMs on any other outlet.

Sabotage
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 9:02:01 PM

@evarin you are truly doing amazing stuff with all the reposting you do. I wouldn't have the patience to do it from, here, the PC, discord, and the officials. I am just saying answering questions about announcements is what these forums were meant for, not the actual announcement.

Sabotage
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 9:06:47 PM

@alastir And I'd rather have 1 place to look for official announcements. To be honest my only problem is that its on discord. It is so easy to lose track of messages there. Keep announcement type messages to one of the 3 forums.

Alastir
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 9:41:18 PM

It wasn't an announcement. It was a conversation.

I'm going to encourage conversations, even if you feel like complaining about it because you weren't privy to the conversation.

Thankfully people post the conversations so you don't miss out.

allereli
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 10:00:35 PM

I'm going to encourage conversations, even if you feel like complaining about it because you weren't privy to the conversation.

so if a GM is going to have a discussion where they're releasing information, they need to then put it in an official place

@estild please.

Alastir
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 10:03:00 PM

so if a GM is going to have a discussion where they're releasing information, they need to then put it in an official place

@estild please.

And with that kind of requirement we'll never have conversations, because they can't just talk, they'll have to talk, then find the right forum folder, then post.

Sounds like a lot of hassle when you heard the announcement just fine.

allereli
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 10:03:50 PM

@estild please.

And with that kind of requirement we'll never have conversations, because they can't just talk, they'll have to talk, then find the right forum folder, then post.

no, as the person writing their documentation for the past three years, having the information be put all over the place makes it impossible and I will not be updating like I used to because of it.

Alastir
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 10:04:56 PM

@estild please.

no, as the person writing their documentation for the past three years, having the information be put all over the place makes it impossible and I will not be updating like I used to because of it.

Not everything needs to be documented, we'll be okay if you want to take your toys and go home on this one.

allereli
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 10:05:18 PM

@estild please.

Not everything needs to be documented, we'll be okay if you want to take your toys and go home on this one.

enjoy that future

Alastir
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 10:06:16 PM

@estild please.

enjoy that future

I'm sure someone else will take up the cause if you choose to make threats and then follow through on them. We might even have more contributors since many don't like your management style when it comes to the wiki.

allereli
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 10:07:14 PM

@estild please.

enjoy that future

I'm sure someone else will take up the cause if you choose to make threats and then follow through on them. We might even have more contributors since many don't like your management style when it comes to the wiki.

yes, I'm sure someone else will step up and put in the 30-100 hours a month that I put in.

Alastir
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 10:08:22 PM

@estild please.

enjoy that future

yes, I'm sure someone else will step up and put in the 30-100 hours a month that I put in.

The attitude you're throwing out here is, it's your way or the highway.

HJFudge
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 10:19:10 PM

I'm for as much information being disseminated as possible in as many forums as possible. Transparency is almost always a good thing.

Why are we bickering here? I think we both can get what we want if they simply shared the information when available via announcement on the forums. If they want to talk about it first in a private conversation, by all means. I dont think there should be a rush or for them to feel obligated to take that information and post it right away immediately.

Sabotage
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 10:31:36 PM

@alastir Everything, even on the forums is a conversation as well. That is a stupid argument. It wasn't someone asking something obscure, it was announcing when a giftbox item would be released. Discord isn't the proper channel for that. That is my opinion, I shouldn't have to rely on the good will of, lets be honest, one person to get important information like that.

allereli
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 10:41:40 PM

@estild please.

enjoy that future

if I step down my effort to 20% of what I'm doing now, I'm still doing way more than anyone else. This is part of an ongoing argument with @Wyrom over the way information is disseminated to players.

There is no other official information that will be provided in one place except for the Wiki. Play.net information has not and will not be updated. If you don't realize by now that I am fighting for proper documentation to be provided by staff, you are dense. the issue goes way beyond Simucon bags.

viekn
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 11:00:11 PM

@Allereli if I were you, I'd stop updating the wiki all together. Because you work so hard on it, people rely on you. And yes, I know people have their issues, but they're taking advantage of your hard work.

Alastir
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 11:05:55 PM

@estild please.

enjoy that future

if I step down my effort to 20% of what I'm doing now, I'm still doing way more than anyone else. This is part of an ongoing argument with @Wyrom over the way information is disseminated to players.

There is no other official information that will be provided in one place except for the Wiki. Play.net information has not and will not be updated. If you don't realize by now that I am fighting for proper documentation to be provided by staff, you are dense. the issue goes way beyond Simucon bags.

I agree with your fight for proper documentation, when it's relevant.

It doesn't apply to this situation.

The conversation about giftbox items doesn't need to be logged on the wiki. I would be willing to bet money that there would have been an announcement when the titles were ready.

If you think that every single thing that any GM says, ever, needs to be documented on the wiki, I'm not the dense one here.

Alastir
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 11:07:55 PM

My main argument is this: Your demands that every single thing any GM says be announced via some official forum post is ridiculous, and it would kill all of the spur of the moment conversations that Discord allows.

GMs have limited time. If they pop on discord and see something they can chime in on, I welcome it. Your complaints are going to kill that, so, kindly, stfu.

viekn
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 11:13:46 PM

@estild please.

enjoy that future

The conversation about giftbox items doesn't need to be logged on the wiki. I would be willing to bet money that there would have been an announcement when the titles were ready.

If you think that every single thing that any GM says, ever, needs to be documented on the wiki, I'm not the dense one here.

None of us were saying it should be documented on the wiki. We just thought it deserved to be posted in an official manner. Discord is not the place to provide additional details on how the goodie bag will function when there's a ton of us that don't use discord and there's a possibility that Evarin might not cross post. If you've already posted all the details on the officials and then want to answer people's question, fine, go ahead. And at the end of that conversation, if more relevant info was released, the GM should go back in and post something on the officials.

Alastir
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 11:17:36 PM

@viekn said in Official: Simucon Indiegogo Giftbags Available Now:

@estild please.

enjoy that future

None of us were saying it should be documented on the wiki. We just thought it deserved to be posted in an official manner. Discord is not the place to provide additional details on how the goodie bag will function when there's a ton of us that don't use discord and there's a possibility that Evarin might not cross post. If you've already posted all the details on the officials and then want to answer people's question, fine, go ahead. And at the end of that conversation, if more relevant info was released, the GM should go back in and post something on the officials.

Or people could just accept the fact that they aren't going to know everything about everything. Because the amount of time it would take to post information about every conversation that might share relevant info would be tedious and soul-consuming.

Kragdruk
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 11:20:35 PM

@briarfox from the campaign reward description:

Goodie Bag

Receive a virtual goodie bag of in-game items to commemorate the event. Items include an in-game title unique to SimuCon 2017 attendees, a special SimuCon 2017 scripted item, a level 4 RPA, and GemStone IV players will receive a feature token, a customization token and an enhancive token for the Summit Academy! DragonRealms perks TBD.

so imho they were clear about that when asking for contributions., butI do think it would have been prudent to reiterate this on delivery.

Ordim
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 11:29:28 PM

I'm glad that I'd have to check several different "official" sources, a majority now controlled by private players and not Simutronics, to get "official" information on the game.

Evarin
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 11:30:52 PM

@kragdruk said in Official: Simucon Indiegogo Giftbags Available Now:

@briarfox from the campaign reward description:

Goodie Bag

Receive a virtual goodie bag of in-game items to commemorate the event. Items include an in-game title unique to SimuCon 2017 attendees, a special SimuCon 2017 scripted item, a level 4 RPA, and GemStone IV players will receive a feature token, a customization token and an enhancive token for the Summit Academy! DragonRealms perks TBD.

so imho they were clear about that when asking for contributions., butI do think it would have been prudent to reiterate this on delivery.

Ah, thanks for that, Kragduk. The tokens make a lot more sense now.

viekn
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 11:34:05 PM

@viekn said in Official: Simucon Indiegogo Giftbags Available Now:

@estild please.

enjoy that future

Or people could just accept the fact that they aren't going to know everything about everything. Because the amount of time it would take to post information about every conversation that might share relevant info would be tedious and soul-consuming.

Again, you're taking this to the extreme. Where in this post did anyone mention anything about needing to know everything about everything. We are talking very specifically Alastir about important information regarding an item that we paid money for being mentioned in casual conversation on a chat site that a significant percentage of people may not use. I have to imagine if you bought an item from a store, and that store said this item was supposed to include feature XYZ, and when you bought the item it didn't immediately contain feature XYZ or give you information on when you'd get feature XYZ, but if the store posted on their facebook page about feature XYZ, that most people wouldn't be thrilled that it wasn't communicated at the point of purchase instead of facebook.

Evarin
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 12:23:51 AM

Official E-mail:

Thank you again to everyone who contributed to this campaign, and most especially thank you for your patience. The Goodie Bags have been distributed in GemStone IV, and can be claimed with the GIFTBOX command. If you cannot claim the giftbox, and know you should have one, please send an e-mail to GS4-SLEKEN@play.net, and be sure to include your account name AND the e-mail address you used when contributing through Indiegogo. Additionally, I know some of you still have not received or claimed your auction wins. If you're still pending on that, please e-mail GS4-ZYTHICA@play.net for assistance.

Thank you again!

--GM Zythica

Riend
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 11:47:37 AM

PERHAPS.... a compromise would be creating an "official" channel for the discord and cross-post from that. At least that way it will be more widely read (because not everyone reads every chat they've missed when they go back to discord) and if it's seen as something extremely important it could be cross-posted here?

I know there was a bit of confusion of EG where things were said in the discord but never in any other official capacity so it was left up to speculation and conjecture. While I am a huge fan of having as much transparency as possible, we can certainly find better ways of disseminating the information coming out of discord so it reaches the community as a whole without being significantly altered.

Estild
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 12:15:57 PM

@Evarin and @Alastir are exactly correct about this situation. What I posted wasn't any official announcement (however factual it may be). I saw someone ask about it on Discord and because I knew the answer, I responded. I was not involved with organizing SimuCon or handling goodie bags this year, so anything I offer up is purely because I'm trying to help and it's not my place to make official announcements regarding it. If other players want to post on the forums to ask the same questions, they certainly can, then Sleken or Zythica can respond on it. Even without that, everyone would have learned about what I stated at the time when the titles and second giftbox are available, because those clearly would have been announced.

I'm not going to cross-post everything I state in Discord, because as noted, it is a conversation. And even if Wyrom told me it was required, that's just going to mean I'm not going to communicate on Discord. Just the same, I don't expect every conversation I have with every player at SimuCon to be documented.

Believe me when I say I am one of the most appreciative persons of your work, @allereli. I realize this post probably isn't the response you're looking for, but please take it in stride and reevaluate the situation based upon what's stated above.

allereli
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 12:25:22 PM

@estild said in Official: Simucon Indiegogo Giftbags Available Now:

Believe me when I say I am one of the most appreciative persons of your work, @allereli. I realize this post probably isn’t the response you’re looking for, but please take it in stride and reevaluate the situation based upon what’s stated above.

you need to put yourself in my position. if you saw people who couldn't put in 15 minutes of work a week on official documentation chatting away on Discord, how would you feel? How fucking asinine does life have to be that we need to go repeat the same questions on the officials to get the information disseminated properly? I'm not saying don't contribute on Discord, but if you can be there, why can't you help out on official documentation a bit more?

because those clearly would have been announced.

ha! like the enchant unlocking release?

Evarin
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 2:26:34 PM

Via Twitter:

Another batch of accounts have been added for the GIFTBOX from simucon! #SimuGoodieBag #gsplat

Ordim
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 2:45:16 PM

God forbid all the money infused into the game goes into a REAL official forums. Or services hosted by simutronics and not players.