I have the itch for a new game

Maylan
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 10:27:31 AM

Looking for recommendations on a good RP game for PS4. I'm considering Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - is it worth the $30 for a 7ish hour play time?

Some of my existing favorites: Elder Scrolls / Fallout, Dragon Age, GTA / Red Dead Redemption, Torment: Tides of Numenera, etc. I also like interactive movie style games like Heavy Rain, Life is Strange, Telltale games. Not a big anime fan but I did love FF XV.

Any suggestion for me?

ArchSenex
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 10:40:19 AM

If you haven't done Horizon: Zero Dawn, it was a really nice one.

Maylan
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 10:56:08 AM

@archsenex

Game looks amazing! Also I'll admit, I'm simply terrible at the stealth kill style games like Far Cry and Assassin's Creed.

Sabotage
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 11:00:45 AM

Have you played Witcher 3? That is simply the best game of the last few years in my opinion.

Erous
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 11:01:43 AM

Horizon Zero Dawn is pretty phenomenal and recommend. The Frozen Wilds is the latest in the saga that's being released in 2 days, so step on it! Also, The Last of Us is still one of the greatest games of all time IMO and if you have a PS4 and haven't played it, then you're really missing iut.

Sabotage
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 11:02:27 AM

Also Nier: Automata is supposed to be good. I haven't played that one myself though.

Maylan
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 11:02:57 AM

@sabotage

Witcher 3: Oh yeah - I should have added that one to my favs list!

Nier: Automata - I have a buddy who loves that game. This is the same buddy who convinced me to give FFXV a try, and they are now recommending Persona 5 to me (which looks very intriguing). They may turn me into a JRPG fan yet, haha.

Sabotage
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 11:14:06 AM

I was going to say Persona 5 but you said not an anime fan.

Maylan
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 11:14:24 AM

@erous

The Last of Us: I've been overlooking this game because I've never been a fan of the zombie genre, but looking at the reviews it is clearly so much more than the same old tropes. I will be adding this one to my buy list!

Evarin
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 11:36:48 AM

@maylan said in I have the itch for a new game:

Looking for recommendations on a good RP game for PS4. I'm considering Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - is it worth the $30 for a 7ish hour play time?

Some of my existing favorites: Elder Scrolls / Fallout, Dragon Age, GTA / Red Dead Redemption, Torment: Tides of Numenera, etc. I also like interactive movie style games like Heavy Rain, Life is Strange, Telltale games. Not a big anime fan but I did love FF XV.

Any suggestion for me?

If you're willing to try something outside of your comfort zone, I would suggest the Dark Souls series. Deep lore, but you need to search for it. The excellent Bloodborne is a standalone game on the PS4 that would give you an idea if it is your cup of tea.

Maylan
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 8:29:34 PM

Okay I am currently downloading The Last of Us, remastered edition!

Erous
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 9:52:28 PM

Oh snap!

ArchSenex
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 11:18:41 PM

Persona 5 is a great way to lose a couple weeks of your life.

Necios
Monday, November 6th, 2017, 1:45:01 AM

@maylan Just started Until Dawn and it's incredible! Made by the same people who made Heavy Rain.

ArchSenex
Monday, November 6th, 2017, 9:10:34 AM

@necios said in I have the itch for a new game:

@maylan Just started Until Dawn and it's incredible! Made by the same people who made Heavy Rain.

Until Dawn is Awesome. Really loved that one.

If either of you haven't tried Beyond: Two Souls, it's also great and in similar vein.

Hidden Agenda, released recently, is good, but much shorter (designed for a 2 hour play session). Great with friends.

Tykus
Monday, November 6th, 2017, 9:39:28 AM

I know you said ps4 but I always recommend EVE Oline. IMO its the best MMO currently available

Erous
Monday, November 6th, 2017, 11:42:21 AM

Side note, what I do is browse Twitch and look at popular games that I might be interested in. They're streaming Zero Dawn pretty frequently now due to the coming release: https://go.twitch.tv/directory/game/Horizon%20Zero%20Dawn

Maylan
Monday, November 6th, 2017, 1:17:39 PM

Played a bit of The Last of Us last night. So far I find it challenging and unsettling. I also cried during the opening scene, so I can tell I'm in for some feels with this game.

When I finish that I think I'll move onto Persona 5, then look into Until Dawn and Beyond: Two Souls. Then maybe by this time the price will have dropped on Hellblade. That should keep me occupied for a looooong time. So I've gone from having nothing to buy, to too many games. THANKS GUYS!