Gemstone Prime HARDCORE Outfit Competition

Evarin
Saturday, November 4th, 2017, 8:10:34 PM

Hello everyone,

I hope you all are enjoying your first few days of HARDCORE gameplay. To help celebrate the beginning of our competition, I have decided to create a contest to see who among our elite group of characters should be awarded the title of Best Dressed.

Who is Eligible - Everyone who has rolled up a HARDCORE character on or after November 1st, but on or before Friday November 10th is eligible to compete.

Deadline - The deadline for entry into the contest is 11:59pm EST 10 November.

How to Enter - To enter, simply post a screenshot of your character, to include your physical appearance, along with your current outfit. These posts can be on any message board you prefer: The Officials, The Elanthian Forums, or the PC. Simply reply to this thread (or a crossposted counterpart of it) to be eligible to compete.

The Rules:

1. You must adhere to all HARDCORE stipulations when assembling your outfit. Nothing given to you by another character, or found outside of the confines of an NPC shop or while hunting is allowed.
  2. You must source every single item in your outfit. This list should be placed AFTER your character's description. This is a critical rule, so failure to comply will result in your submission being disqualified. Examples of appropriate sourcing:

Crystal Amulet - Starter item Broadsword - Taken from a Kobold Leather Boots - Bought from Suchandsuch Shop in the Landing

The Winner will be chosen by me as I am putting forth the silver. I will be more than happy to take feedback left by others in the thread into account.

Rewards:

The winner will be listed on the Leaderboards as "Best Dressed" for the 10 November Outfit Competition. The winner will also receive 1 million silvers to be given to a non-HARDCORE character of his or her choosing.

Feel free to ask questions related to this competition in replies to this thread.

GOOD LUCK YOU SEXY BEASTS!

Hips
Saturday, November 4th, 2017, 9:23:35 PM

This is amazing and I can't wait to see the entries.

OldSkool
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 8:57:46 PM

Guess I'll get the posts started!

You see Halier. He appears to be a Dark Elf. He is taller than average. He appears to be young and robust. He has bright ale-brown eyes and bronze skin. He has shoulder length, flowing auburn hair. He has a delicate face and angular pointed ears. He is in good shape. He is holding a small orase runestaff in his right hand. He is wearing an ebony hooded linen cloak, a spiral-inset black leather pack, a tailored black silk shirt adorned with golden wyvern buttons, some iridescent white leather, a simple blued steel wristchain, a triangular silver-threaded pouch, and a pair of loose stygian black leather trousers.

cloak: Clothier's, WL Pack: Starter Item Shirt: pawnshop find, WL leather: dyed FWI Armory leather wristchain: FWI teleporter pouch: starter item trousers: boutique, WL runestaff: pawnshop, WL

Evarin
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 8:59:45 PM

Perfectly formatted, OldSkool. Good job.

hagmar
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 11:30:30 AM

Finally got enough money together to buy the Doublet

You see Hagmar. He appears to be a Dark Elf. He is average height. He appears to be very young. He has piercing violet eyes and dark skin. He has long, platinum hair with a red streak running through it. He has a long face and dimpled cheeks. He is in good shape. He is holding a drake falchion in his right hand and a main gauche in his left hand. He is wearing a blackened silver filigree headband, a little round mirror, a studded black leather doublet, a spiral-inset black leather pack, some black double leather, a black silk blouse, a black leather scabbard, a black spidersilk pouch clasped with a small skeletal dragon carved from ivory, a leather sheath, some flowing silk gauze pants, and a pair of narrow leather shoes.

Headband: Starter item Mirror: Sprite quest Doublet: Pawnshop, WL Pack: Starter item Leather: Armory, WL Blouse: Salon, WL Scabbard: General Store, WL Pouch: Pawnshop, WL Sheath: Starter item Pants: Starter item Shoes: Starter item Gauche: Starter item Falchion: Pawnshop, WL

allereli
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 11:56:07 AM

@hagmar said in Gemstone Prime HARDCORE Outfit Competition:

Finally got enough money together to buy the Doublet

Doublet: Pawnshop, WL

pretty impressive to save for something on the pawnshop table

fun contest. the quality of the boutiques have come a long way since the 90s

if going to this link isn't against the rules... https://gswiki.play.net/Category:Boutique_Shops

Evarin
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 12:00:32 PM

Nope. Perfectly acceptable. Thanks, A!

OldSkool
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 12:13:37 PM

I totally dig that pouch.

Trannquil
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 4:07:44 PM

You see Mirienda the Sorceress. She appears to be an Erithian of the Valaka Dai. She is taller than average. She appears to be very young. She has almond-shaped crystal blue eyes and ivory skin. She has raggedly cut, strawberry blonde hair streaked with silver. She has frown lines. She has old battle scars on her left leg, an old battle scar across her abdominal area, a black-and-blue left eye, developed slurred speech, and a scar across her neck. She is wearing a lacy inky black hood, a moss agate inset bronze crown, a crystal amulet, a cobalt blue surcoat, a polished beryl barrette, an ink black vest, a silver bodice, a garnet-eyed pewter skull clasp, a deep violet wool purse, an ink black backpack, some cobalt blue leathers, a belt pack, some ink black pants, and a pair of sturdy leather shoes with stacked heels.

I figured the Scars were part of the outfit. Earned them fair and square!

Hood-Dropped by a Death Dirge Crown-Box Found from a Bone Golem Or Death Dirge (sorry there was a lot going on!) Because I can't find an Elothrai Amulet-Starter Item Surcoat-Dark Vysan Dropped. Originally Roan, but dyed to fit my outfit Pocketed Medium Barrette-Box Found, Skeleton From my first box, keeping it as a memento Vest-Mist Wraith Originally Torn Dark Green, Dyed to fix the rips and make it fit my outfit Bodice-Lesser Ghoul, Originally Wrinkled Russet. Dyed to get rid of the Wrinkles and fit my outfit Clasp-Box Found Greater Ghoul Purse-Bone Golem. Holds the stuff I don't want to accidentally sell because it closes! Backpack-Starter Item, Dyed to fit my outfit Leathers-Starter, Originally Ragged Sea Green, Dyed to get rid of the raggedness and to fit my outfit Belt Pack-Pawnshop Found, holds my herbs Pants-Greater Ghoul, Originally Orc Hide, but ewww! Dyed to fit scheme and get rid of the orc smell Shoes!-Pawnshop, 252 silvers! My first purchase when I had the coins. Because they had me in ugly boots!

Eva
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 6:41:16 PM

Fall themed EN outfit. We'll see if she's still alive come winter time for a change in wardrobe, maybe trek west for more options!

You see Anthola the Holy Crusader. She appears to be a Giantman of the Vaikalimara Clan. She is taller than average. She appears to be youthful. She has close-set stormy grey eyes and alabaster skin. She has very long, unruly reddish brown hair. She has an oval face and wide hips. She is in good shape. She is wearing a tri-tiered necklace of gilt-swept pale ivory feathers, a simple forest green velvet cloak, a loose leaf-patterned tunic in autumn hues, a pale green moonstone ring, a golden silk sack, some laced brown leather trousers, and a pair of sturdy leather shoes with stacked heels.

You have a warm scent enshrouding you in a cloud touched by cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, with subtle undertones of orange zest.

• a tri-tiered necklace of gilt-swept pale ivory feathers- Ta'Illistim, on a burnished copper stand, 5k

• a simple forest green velvet cloak- Sylvarraend Clothiers, 4.2k

• a loose leaf-patterned tunic in autumn hues MH dark elf maiden, on a gold-edged sturdy red cart , 10k

• a pale green moonstone ring Sylvarraend jewelry shop, 26 coins

• a golden silk sack Ta'Illistim general store, 367 coins

• some laced brown leather trousers Zul Logoth boutique, 1k

• a pair of sturdy leather shoes with stacked heels Ta'Vaalor clothing shop (womens), 424 coins

• perfume from MH Crystal Lotus, Autumn Breeze, 5k

• Total cost of outfit: 26, 017

Eva
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 6:44:28 PM

OMG I just remembered Winterfest will happen next month. Squee. Such a trove of items for HC peeps, that will be.

Aaron247
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 10:42:16 PM

Name: Tannellen Profession: Paladin Level: 10 Race: Elf Gender: Male Age: young (200) Date of Birth: 5/31/4917 Clan: Vaalor He is average height. He appears to be young. He has crystal blue eyes and bronze skin. He has shoulder length, golden hair. He has a delicate face and slightly pointed ears.

You are holding an oak-handled eonake knee-breaker in your right hand and an ornate vaalorn aegis in your left hand. You are wearing a silver scaled dragon mask with dark hollowed eyes, a dragon's-tear ruby band, a chiseled dragonfire opal pin, a jet black scarf, a silk-lined ivory cloak, a stylish ecru tabard, an etched vaalorn chain hauberk, some supple black leather gloves, some fitted black leather breeks, some padded black leather boots, a glacial white smooth glaes armband, and a flawless gold ring.

You are Holding: oak-handled eonake knee-breaker - Icemule Pawn Shop ornate vaalorn aegis - Whenimer Pawn Shop

You are wearing: a silver scaled dragon mask with dark hollowed eyes - Whenimer Pawn Shop a dragon's-tear ruby band - Teras Pawn Shop a chiseled dragonfire opal pin - Boxfound from Spectral Fisherman a jet black scarf - Whenimer Pawn Shop a silk-lined ivory cloak - Whenimer Pawn Shop a stylish ecru tabard - Found on Spectral Fisherman an etched vaalorn chain hauberk - Teras Pawn Shop some supple black leather gloves - Whenimer Pawn Shop some fitted black leather breeks - Whenimer Pawn Shop some padded black leather boots - Whenimer Pawn Shop a glacial white smooth glaes armband - Premium Transporter, Zephyr Hall a flawless gold ring - Found on Spectral Fisherman

Evarin
Saturday, November 11th, 2017, 3:19:33 PM

By my count, the competition had 5 entrants, Halier, Hagmar, Mirienda, Anthola, and Tannellen. My thanks to everyone who submitted their outfits, you all did a great job. I will announce the winner Sunday evening. If anyone, HARDCORE or otherwise, has an opinion on your favorite outfit or outfits, please weigh in either here in the thread, or privately via PM or Discord chat if you prefer. Any and all input is welcome.

Evarin
Sunday, November 12th, 2017, 11:35:24 PM

At the moment it is a tie between Anthola and Tannellen. I need to ask Tannellen a question regarding one of his purchases. His explanation will decide the competition. Again, my thanks to all who participated. I will be announcing the next competition sometime Monday, so please be on the lookout.

Losus
Monday, November 13th, 2017, 8:00:05 AM

@Evarin

Some solid entrants I enjoyed perusing!

GSPlayer
Monday, November 13th, 2017, 8:20:01 AM

I'm currently doing HC in Plat as Zanfelt. Here he is at level 22 for comparison to prime.

You see Lord Zanfelt Maroviius the Butcher. He appears to be a Vaalor Elf. He is taller than average. He appears to be very young. He has jade green eyes and bronze skin. He has short, spiked champagne pink hair. He is in good shape. He is holding an orase runestaff in his right hand and an ornate villswood buckler in his left hand. He is wearing a wide brimmed charcoal grey felt hat with a blood red silk band, an ivory-inlaid copper earring, a crystal amulet, an amethyst inset silver neckchain, a midnight blue coat secured asymmetrically down the front with silver buttons, a silver-dipped aspen leaf stickpin, a polished star sapphire pin, a silk-knotted ebon jacquard rucksack slung over his shoulder, a black canvas pack with padded compartments, some ash grey hunting leathers, a glittering gold band, a flawless gold ring, and a pair of oxblood leather shoes capped with jet.

spiked champagne pink hair - feature alter from merchant game an orase runestaff - 4x, acid flares - Mist Harbor Pawn an ornate villswood buckler - +18, +1 CON bonus - boxfound a wide brimmed charcoal grey felt hat with a blood red silk band - Veola Hat - boxfound and altered an ivory-inlaid copper earring - enhancive but I can't tell what yet - boxfound a crystal amulet - standard treasure an amethyst inset silver neckchain - +2 INF stat - boxfound a midnight blue coat secured asymmetrically down the front with silver buttons - scripted, holds significant - OTS FOF 2017 a silver-dipped aspen leaf stickpin - Mist Harbor transporter a polished star sapphire pin - +1 INT stat - boxfound a silk-knotted ebon jacquard rucksack - slightly large amount - OTS FOF 2017 a black canvas pack with padded compartments - significant amount - OTS FOF 2017 some ash grey hunting leathers - 4x, T1 Voln - OTS Wehnimer's Cart, T1 Voln added at FOF 2017 a glittering gold band - +2 CON stat - boxfound a flawless gold ring - standard treasure a pair of oxblood leather shoes capped with jet - scripted dancing shoes - OTS FOF 2017

Evarin
Monday, November 13th, 2017, 8:31:20 AM

I love it. That's is some serious investment into a HARDCORE character. Good thing it is within the rules to keep the gear should you perish, as Zanfelt there is starting to get pretty well outfitted.

Aaron247
Monday, November 13th, 2017, 9:15:20 AM

Hey Everyone,

Evarin and I spoke. His confusion was caused by commenting that I bought some of the items from the “Teras” Pawnshop. I bought these from the Four Winds Pawnshop on Gardenia... sorry I never knew the difference...