Gemstone PRIME HARDCORE Official Thread

Evarin
Tuesday, October 31st, 2017, 11:47:45 PM

Welcome to the PRIME instance of the HARDCORE competition.

For the Platinum instance, please see this webpage (https://forums.elanthia.online/topic/116/gemstone-iv-platinum-hardcore)

The rules of the HARDCORE competition can be read in full on the gswiki here: https://gswiki.play.net/Prime_HARDCORE

Please do not enter without carefully reading and accepting to abide by the rules outlined above. Anyone found violating the rules of the competition, knowingly or otherwise, may be permanently banned from taking part. The onus is on the player to observe the rules of the competition, not for me to enforce compliance.

Please list your Prime HARDCORE character's Name, Race, Profession, and Character Location (if desired) in this thread to be officially entered into the competition. If your character is F2P, please state that as well. I will list each entrant to the competition in this thread as a matter of record.

Note: If/When your character dies, you are to post in this thread with the character's name and cause of death.

Current Competitors

| Name | Race | Profession | Character Location |----------|:-------------:|------:|------| Halier | Dark Elf | Sorcerer | Landing Ardkor|Dwarf|Cleric| Ta'Vaalor Caitis (Mk2) | Giantkin | Ranger| Icemule Mortalite | Giantkin | Bard| Landing Anthola | Giantkin | Paladin | Ta'Vaalor Feffiny|Burghal Gnome|Paladin|Icemule Tannae|Giantkin|Paladin|Ta'Vaalor Isen|Giantkin|Paladin|Landing Asheldia|Erithian|Empath|Landing Veweld|Gnome|Wizard|Landing Phyrgon|Half-Krolvin|Wizard|NA Arrisie|Elf|Empath|Landing Unofer|Dwarf|Wizard|Landing Bakugo (F2P)|Aelotoi|Ranger|Ta'Vaalor Khrayla|Half-Krolvin|Warrior|Ta'Vaalor Khanne|Halfling|Wizard|Landing Zappaz|Half-Elf|Ranger|Ta'Vaalor Anaguar|Half-Elf|Monk|Landing Turnipero|Giantkin|Bard|NA Yhall|Giantkin|Warrior|NA Rogert|Dwarf|Warrior|Landing Sjoll|Human|Ranger|River's Rest Luthaed|Half-Elf|Rogue|Ta'Vaalor Flekk|Halfling|Empath|Icemule Zhendu|Forest Gnome|Empath|Ta'Vaalor Aisenit (F2P)|Elven|Ranger|Landing Brogner|Dwarf|Wizard|Landing Narms|Giantkin|Warrior|NA Servil|Dark Elf|Sorcerer|Landing Moshei|Erithian|Monk|Landing Somrets|Halfling|Wizard|Landing Kratikus|Human|Warrior|NA Murphin|Human|Empath|NA Sundamar|Elf|Bard|Ta'Vaalor Bowltar|Dark Elf|Wizard|Icemule Sutudo|Dark Elf|Sorcerer|NA Shimlurous|Dark Elf|Sorcerer|Landing Ryogo (F2P)|NA|NA|NA Stinkets|Elf|Bard|NA Garry|Half-Krolvin|Monk|NA Mornia|Giantkin|Paladin|Ta'Vaalor Rubusto|Dark Elf|Sorcerer|Landing/Solhaven Fismo|Dwarf|Paladin|Landing Onquer|Dark Elf|Wizard|Landing Flygr|Dwarf|Rogue|Landing Trostam|NA|Paladin|NA Nishe|Elf|Wizard|Landing Ainumorco|Elf|Paladin|NA Owsom (F2P)|Elf|Cleric|Landing Eddo|Halfling|Monk|Landing Rikame|Dark Elf|Rogue|Landing Bruzz|Burghal Gnome|Monk|NA Sindaras|Sylvankind|Paladin|Landing Rattas|Burghal Gnome|Wizard|Landing Lachon|Elf|Bard|Landing Frazler|Half-elf|Ranger|NA Kros|Burghal Gnome|Monk|NA Egard (F2P)|Dwarf|Sorcerer|NA

Honored Fallen Heroes

|Name|Level|Cause of Death |:--------:|:-:|:---:| Caitis|3| White Vysan Eannat| 2|Dark Vysan Ranehd|3|Ghoul Moguchaya|6|Lesser Orc Trixsi (F2P)|4|Dark Apparition Zlaine|6|Spotted Lynx Harminius (F2P)|5|Blood Red Scarab Hareyk|3|Water Witch Dwarden|10|Bone Golem Izzire|10|Large Ogre Tinesia (F2P) | 3 |Fanged Viper Mazikene (F2P)|10|Bone Golem Hagmar (F2P) |8| Claidhmore-wielding Thunder Troll Maizekeen (F2P)|7|Unknown (Disconnect) Curr|NA|Relnak Eziel|8|Whiptail & Mongrel Kobold Eronderl|6|Tree Viper Eskoff |11|Werebear Alpheratz|5|Whiptail & Cobra Gavlock|6|Unknown Rigail|7|Grimswarm Troll Paladin Flimberyl|5|Gak Orsal|5|Grimswarm Troll Cleric Tannellen|14|Shelfae Chieftain & Soldier Djinx|0|Giant Rat Xylles|0|Acid Trap Rowlen|NA|NA Xyllez|3|Tree Viper Zunessa|6|NA Callannen|4|NA Demeth|10|Mongrel Troll Rect|8|NA Scripps|7|Hobgoblin & Spotted Lynx Iachon|12|Grizzled Deranged Sentry Rambals|18|Wight & Rotting Woodsman Mazikene (mk 3) (F2P)|12|NA Jachon|4|Dark Vysan Horfiz (F2P)|10|Kobolds Duillen|4|Lesser Orc Hartkorre|13|Disconnect Banleus|6|Lesser Orc Mirienda| 19|Gas Cloud Maranida|2|Dark Vysan Viserys|5|Forest Troll Thorndis|7|Tree Viper Mazikeene|5|NA Mimia|2|Kobold Shepherd Orwac|8|Ethereal Traveller Irneya|4|Large Ogre Mazakeen (F2P)|5|NA Ptomin|13|Grey Orc Mirda|10|NA Trunqs (F2P)|2|Ghost Wolf Blaelog|12|Werebear Sudis|6|Arachne Priest (Suicide) Mazikean (F2P)|16|NA (Disconnect) Ainudraug|11|Wraith Ugribow|8|Snow Spectre Mazakean (F2P)|13|Bone Golem Mountainfists|1|Tree (fell) Obingo|3|Dark Panther Kabah|10|Large Ogre Mazakeene (F2P)|15|Gas Cloud Chauvich|6|It's Complicated Snaze|1|Bled Out Dredpok|7|Greater Orc Scurf|3|Werebear Yimo|8|Retired Durie|5|*Retired Ratsil|9|Wood Wight Kachon|17|Nedum Vereri Eroland|8|Cave Gnoll Ruleric|5|Leaper Maazikeen (F2P)|16|Forest Troll

Duplicate instances of the thread can be found on the Officials and on the PC. Character entry and reporting of deaths need only be done in one thread.

For general discussion and updates to the HARDCORE leaderboard, please refer to this thread: https://forums.elanthia.online/topic/639/gemstone-prime-hardcore-leaderboards

For all your HARDCORE chatting needs, there is an official HARDCORE chat in the Gemstone Discord channel: https://discord.gg/KF9Wr8u

You will need to navigate to Gemstone-General (The drop down menu on the left) > prime-HARDCORE channel once there.

I have also created the Lnet Chat HARDCORE. Type ;tune HARDCORE or ;Chat on HARDCORE to make use of it.

The HARDCORE competition has its own folder on the Official Forums! http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Hunting%20and%20Combat/Hardcore%20Mode/view/1

anshou
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 12:38:03 AM

Eannat the Giantman Paladin has been created and is ready to be the hardest of cores. Good luck and good hunting to everyone!

OldSkool
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 12:49:25 AM

Halier the Dark Elven Sorcerer has joined the fray!

Evarin
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 12:50:00 AM

@oldskool said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

Halier the Dark Elven Sorcerer has joined the fray!

Welcome and good luck!

Evarin
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 1:03:22 AM

@anshou said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

Eannat the Giantman Paladin has been created and is ready to be the hardest of cores. Good luck and good hunting to everyone!

Nearly missed you. Welcome to the competition.

Trannquil
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 4:32:34 AM

Mirienda, Erithian Sorceress has been created and is now running amok in Ta'Vaalor

Losus
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 9:39:22 AM

@Trannquil eskoff will be headed your way should you want to group hunt sometime!

Evarin
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 9:44:09 AM

Just remember, no shared defensive/utility spells! Don't even Unstun (108) each other. Same with skinning. Whoever skins/searches it keeps it. Don't share loot.

Losus
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 10:21:45 AM

@Evarin you know it! Their butt wont even get the GUARD verb haha

Losus
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 10:22:29 AM

@Evarin and my warrior accepts your challenge of having 108 lol

Maetriks
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 10:37:23 AM

Peers is spelled wrong on the wiki.

Also, is F2P allowed to pass loot off to a non-f2p due to the nature of the accounts, etc?

Evarin
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 10:50:25 AM

@maetriks said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

Peers is spelled wrong on the wiki.

...No... I meant the respect of your fellow boat launching apparati. Clearly.

Evarin
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 10:52:52 AM

@maetriks said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

Also, is F2P allowed to pass loot off to a non-f2p due to the nature of the accounts, etc?

No, but they can buy passes to hold more as long as they accept they won't be eligible for the F2P level bonuses.

Maetriks
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 11:24:34 AM

Tinesia F2P Elven Ranger

jayte
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 11:38:44 AM

Caitis, the Dwarven Ranger is now running around in icemule!

edit: omg i may have broken the rules in the first two minutes by accepting the womans small shield with a key

donaldino
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 12:01:09 PM

Mortalite, the rogue archer free to play, is in!

Evarin
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 12:20:59 PM

@jayte said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

Caitis, the Dwarven Ranger is now running around in icemule!

edit: omg i may have broken the rules in the first two minutes by accepting the womans small shield with a key

Sprite quest is fine. That's all from the game itself. Same with Thraak and that Airship Captain.

Evarin
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 12:23:09 PM

Anyone think it'd be worth it to include "Location" for the signups so people can find like-minded HARDCORE characters?

Losus
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 12:28:07 PM

@Evarin yes. I plan to live in TV if I'm able and would love to know where folks are for potential partnering

Evarin
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 12:33:36 PM

Alright. I'll edit the thread and ask for people to share the information if they desire. Feel free to post to the thread to update your location should you choose to move for a prolonged period of time.

Maylan
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 12:47:48 PM

Interesting to see that nobody has chosen empath yet!

Evarin
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 12:58:27 PM

@maylan said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

Interesting to see that nobody has chosen empath yet!

Empaths aren't HARDCORE! Warpuffs, though...

Eva
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 1:22:08 PM

Hurray! Anthola the Giantkin Paladin of Zelia is roaming the noob friendly elf lands of Ta'Vaalor.

She is about halfway through level 3, currently running water and messages about town. First venture outside the gates will be to the lower cemetery to slay a dangerous moaning phantom. I snagged a sancted flamberge from the cleric shop for 1.6k.

I'm debating between Voln and CoL, society wise. Voln seems like it would have better longterm benefits (plan to hunt a good amount of undead already +reim), but CoL would offer a quick AS/DS boost. Being self spelled, getting that+35 sooner than later is looking pretty damn good. What if I get a scary skin task though?! Those chickens are terrifying.

Evarin
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 1:43:31 PM

Welcome!

One of Doug's characters managed to master Voln in Plat HARDCORE. Perhaps he could offer you some advice on which is easier.

Evarin
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 2:50:55 PM

Our first official death in the HARDCORE competition comes in the form of Caitis via a White Vysan!

She will be re-rolling with the same name, but to avoid confusion I am going to make that against the rules in the future.

jayte
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 2:57:03 PM

Unable to dodge you shriek in terror as the white vysan grasps your neck with its frigid claws!

grunt fear

Evarin
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 3:34:44 PM

I've updated the rules on the wiki to reflect recent questions and events.

• Upon death you should submit a post to the thread informing the community of the character’s death and immediately delete the character. Inventory may be transferred to a non-HARDCORE character prior to deletion. Should you wish to create a new character for the HARDCORE competition, you must select a different name than the one used previously.

• Participation in Societies, to include tasks requiring the direct involvement of other characters is permitted, as is the use of both HARDCORE and Non-HARDCORE characters to complete said tasks. MAing the required participants is not permitted.

Please let me know if you have any questions/comments/concerns over the new or already existing rules.

I have also created the Lnet Chat HARDCORE. Type ;tune HARDCORE or ;Chat on HARDCORE to make use of it.

SaltySenorita
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 4:04:48 PM

Feffiny, Burghal Gnome, paladin of Icemule.

Evarin
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 4:05:33 PM

@saltysenorita said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

Feffiny, Burghal Gnome, paladin of Icemule.

Best of luck to you.

Trannquil
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 4:11:30 PM

@losus I will sure to keep an eye out!

Evarin
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 5:01:50 PM

We have our own folder on the Officials now.

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Hunting%20and%20Combat/Hardcore%20Mode/view/1

Maetriks
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 5:28:27 PM

@evarin said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

We have our own folder on the Officials now.

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Hunting%20and%20Combat/Hardcore%20Mode/view/1

That's awesome. I love when GMs help wth this sort of thing.

Evarin
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 7:47:37 PM

I'm taking opinions on the use of Fixskills/Fixstats during the competition. At the moment, i'm for allowing the free movement of TPs/Stats. It isn't relying on anyone else and at this point is a core mechanic of the game. If anyone has differing opinions (an preferably has a character or will soon have one in the competition), feel free to share it. I'll give it about a day before adding the clarification to the rules. For now, feel free to move your TPs/Stats around as desired.

Eva
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 8:05:55 PM

I'm currently using the instant migration benefits to the fullest (learning 103 to get that sweet, sweet DS stacked to 4 hours then unlearning it). This is crazy helpful for the first 19 levels, alongside being able to set stats temporarily high for the purpose of easier low levels.

After that, if you manage to grind out your own 250k or 1 million bounty points, why not? That's crazy dedication to a HC character.

Losus
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 8:59:17 PM

I am fine with it, as you state @evarin it is now a built in function of the game.

Aaron247
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 9:59:09 PM

Tannellen the Elven Paladin has joined the ranks of the Prime Hardcore Elite!

anshou
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 11:59:40 PM

A dark vysan pounds at you with its fist! AS: +44 vs DS: +19 with AvD: +43 + d100 roll: +65 = +133 ... and hits for 17 points of damage! Blow leaves an imprint on your chest! A dark vysan's touch brings the chill of death! ... 30 points of damage! Icy blast to neck freezes your words in mid-speech and leaves you speechless...permanently! The light blue glow leaves you. The dully illuminated mantle protecting you begins to falter, then completely fades away.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 13 mins...

RIP Eannat, we hardly played ye.

Aaron247
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017, 7:41:23 AM

Tannellen is in the landing and made level 3 this morning! Aside from the quick leveling I feel like i’m 14 years old, it’s 1995 and I’m dialing in on AOL!

Love this competition!

Losus
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017, 7:46:02 AM

@Wyrom please address the clear elanthian scourge known as vysans! They are tearing towns apart flare by flare!!

anshou
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017, 12:51:14 PM

Tannae the Giantman Paladin has joined the adventure! She comes in search of her lost sister, Eannat, last seen braving the Glaise Cnoc Cemetery in Ta'Vaalor.

Evarin
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017, 1:13:07 PM

Stay away from those Ghouls and Vysans!

Evarin
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017, 1:20:56 PM

Quick bump due to the game-wide outage. Your HARDCORE characters are safe if they die if all of GS goes down. Just either DEPART, or allow yourself to decay without being resurrected by a PC.

Losus
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017, 2:04:22 PM

Ewww is it back up I am commuting and don't want to come home to sadness

Losus
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017, 4:44:48 PM

living the dream at level 3. So far Thyrils have not done me in. 3x PF and shields is probably the only thing keeping me alive. Also has anyone else experienced unusual amounts of joy when they see some ambros leaf fall? I almost crapped my pants! Watch out folks because I have a whole 2k stored up right now and I am looking to shop

OldSkool
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017, 4:45:46 PM

Almost everything I find gives me joy. Herbs, junk loot, magic items, and skins. If you're not skinning, you're not winning.

SaltySenorita
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017, 5:54:37 PM

Other people's bandits are now extra terrifying.

Losus
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017, 6:20:12 PM

@SaltySenorita oh hadn't even thought about that! Time to save up and go to rivers rest!

Trannquil
Friday, November 3rd, 2017, 2:54:31 PM

I am having a ton of fun with this, and yes any little find is even more meaningful! I am wearing a torn vest because it holds my runestaff that I used every silver I had gained to buy from the pawnshop!

I am finding people are more helpful than I had thought when I could get aid. I have been healed twice by "helpful" Empaths on entering the court. Both times I have explained the situation, then gone and bought the herbs that would have fixed the injury and left them on the bench. Hopefully as I progess I will spend less and less on Tinctures from the Herbalist for the bench!

OldSkool
Friday, November 3rd, 2017, 7:12:57 PM

Set yourself to demeanor cold. That will stop the helpful sorts from violating your territorial bubble. I've rebuffed a few already, myself.

Losus
Friday, November 3rd, 2017, 10:14:05 PM

Woot woot invar backsword!

Novra
Friday, November 3rd, 2017, 11:01:38 PM

Asheldia the Erithian Empath is stumbling through the Lands in Landing, presently.

Veweld
Saturday, November 4th, 2017, 12:15:57 AM

Veweld gnome wizard landing

Evarin
Saturday, November 4th, 2017, 1:08:13 AM

Welcome! I'll add you two to the roster.

rebellord
Saturday, November 4th, 2017, 6:35:03 AM

Ok, ill give it a shot, clearly monks are under-represented Zlaine, half krolvin, starting in Ta'Vaalor (premium)

Aaron247
Saturday, November 4th, 2017, 12:04:43 PM

Half krolvin starting in the Elven Nations... that’s going to make things tough!

Losus
Saturday, November 4th, 2017, 12:55:12 PM

@Aaron247 my dwarf is getting by on the -15% love action. Loot is pretty decent at low level compared to WL and IMT.

If I took the time to remember how I'd actually go to RR because I like the town and loot is legit but I always chronomage there and 100k is way out of my price range at the moment haha

Losus
Saturday, November 4th, 2017, 2:02:52 PM

question to the hardcore community regarding Voln and TV. I am assuming I know the answer but as it relates to invitations from Non-Hardcore people since that is the only way to join in TV is this the stance or is that allowed? I don't plan on joining until 12-15 because pure potions are going to rape my bank account with 15 swings for a pour. Just was curious what the thoughts were.

Also - although rare and probably not for a while now but what are the opinions of game wide non-simu entry events like Festival of the Fallen and Frontier Days? Since that is active within the entire game community can hardcores participate in shopping or would this be banned?

Evarin
Saturday, November 4th, 2017, 2:03:03 PM

@rebellord said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

Ok, ill give it a shot, clearly monks are under-represented Zlaine, half krolvin, starting in Ta'Vaalor (premium)

I got you, RebelLord. Good Luck.

Evarin
Saturday, November 4th, 2017, 2:03:58 PM

@losus said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

question to the hardcore community regarding Voln and TV. I am assuming I know the answer but as it relates to invitations from Non-Hardcore people since that is the only way to join in TV is this the stance or is that allowed? I don't plan on joining until 12-15 because pure potions are going to rape my bank account with 15 swings for a pour. Just was curious what the thoughts were.

Also - although rare and probably not for a while now but what are the opinions of game wide non-simu entry events like Festival of the Fallen and Frontier Days? Since that is active within the entire game community can hardcores participate in shopping or would this be banned?

Any Society task requiring other player's help is fine. Non Duskruin type festivals are fine as well.

Losus
Saturday, November 4th, 2017, 2:10:54 PM

@evarin you da best DJ Khalid!

Losus
Saturday, November 4th, 2017, 2:13:57 PM

well if anyone in TV wants to invite me to voln let me know!

Losus
Saturday, November 4th, 2017, 2:21:24 PM

anyone know how to use "A Rough Grey Crystal"? It says it casts 304 but I am trying whatever I can think of and no dice!

Doug
Saturday, November 4th, 2017, 2:47:05 PM

@evarin Unofer, the dwarven wizard (level 0) is born into the Landing.

Eva
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 12:51:56 PM

You can get a Voln invite in TV from an NPC. Look for the erithian monk.

No cheating, this does not require another player!

Losus
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 1:21:01 PM

Oh cool didn't think there was a grizzled warrior version out in TV! Thank you

Alenix
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 5:37:59 PM

Khanne the Halfling Wizard joins the fun. Skipping around Wehnimer’s Landing at level 1 right now.

Evarin
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 5:40:40 PM

Got you.

rebellord
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 7:34:04 PM

I regret to say, Zlaine has fallen at level 6. A spotted lynx claws at you! AS: +102 vs DS: +21 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +70 = +189 ... and hits for 21 points of damage! Jarring blow to your back. Like sand through an hourglass, your visions of the future slip away and fade from your mind. You feel the tension in your skin ease and notice that your complexion returns to normal. The powerful look leaves you.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

Losus
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 9:18:10 PM

sorry to hear it!

Losus
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 9:18:59 PM

@eva found the monk and got my invite. Surviving on Grey Crystals for my blesses and hoping to god the one I bought lasts me to rank 2 and 2 kills lol

Eva
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 9:42:12 PM

@Losus Damn dude, really having a go in hard mode. Props.

Never thought that having a self cast 10 swing bless (or whatever you'll have at rank 2) would be so baller, haha.

Eva
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 9:49:37 PM

Anthola update: Level 7 Rank 4 in Voln around 197k coins earned in total -31k for white ora maul (Zul Logoth cleric shop), -11k for mithril studded armour ( MH pawnshop), -9k for backpack, -2k for trousers and boots

Thought of the day: OMG that bone golem can hit me in defensive after it tail thwacks me into massive proned RT. Eeeeeeek!

OldSkool
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 9:56:40 PM

Halier is now level 8, rank 4 in voln.

Evarin
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 10:25:14 PM

Updated both of your character's levels.

rebellord
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 10:58:16 PM

With the death of Zlaine, lets try this again

Zappaz half-elven ranger in Ta'Vaalor, odd half brother to the half-krolven Zlaine who was slain.

rebellord
Sunday, November 5th, 2017, 11:16:51 PM

@losus What are these grey crystals? I had to do voln with the stupid L1 minor mental spell!

Losus
Monday, November 6th, 2017, 6:29:11 AM

@rebellord in TV cleric shop you can buy a rough grey crystal which is imbedded with 304 and has multiple waves. I have 9 tanks of MIU and did two waves and it didn't shatter yet so I am hoping it has 1-2 charges to hold. Costs 10k or 11.5k for my dwarven self. IMO a better alternative than waiting until 19 and using pure potions since non clerics on get 1 swing per lvl for those

Doug
Monday, November 6th, 2017, 7:37:00 PM

@evarin And Anaguar, the half-elven monk (0 level) of the Landing is born. I'll put him up on the wiki.

Evarin
Monday, November 6th, 2017, 7:40:35 PM

@doug said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

@evarin And Anaguar, the half-elven monk (0 level) of the Landing is born. I'll put him up on the wiki.

Sounds good. Thanks Doug.

Ososis
Tuesday, November 7th, 2017, 1:07:12 AM

Demeanor cold will also prevent someone pulling you up. Befriending your hardcore hunting mates would work around your general demeanor setting for them. I'm assuming pulling is allowed.

Losus
Tuesday, November 7th, 2017, 8:58:08 PM

@Evarin Eskoff is 8 now =)

Macillus
Tuesday, November 7th, 2017, 9:07:40 PM

Turnipero the Giantman Bard has joined the fray! He got tired of picking turnips, and wandered off the farm in search of grand adventure!

Mourne
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, 1:25:45 AM

Hareyk the dwarf empath has trundled out from under a rock and will be headed to Solhaven after a stop at the Landing. I'll add him to the list on the wiki page presently.

Evarin
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, 8:20:00 AM

Glad to see some more fresh blood. I'll update the wiki accordingly.

darconas
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, 9:39:24 AM

@Evarin I have a lot of interest in doing this for fun, however, I tend to have a rather...unstable internet connection. Its pretty frequent to have a complete disconnect without being able to log back on for a few minutes maybe 1-3 times a week. How would that fall under the rules? Its not like I want to use it for cheating, but not that interesting to see the inevitable death that'll come from it...

Evarin
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, 9:45:47 AM

@darconas said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

@Evarin I have a lot of interest in doing this for fun, however, I tend to have a rather...unstable internet connection. Its pretty frequent to have a complete disconnect without being able to log back on for a few minutes maybe 1-3 times a week. How would that fall under the rules? Its not like I want to use it for cheating, but not that interesting to see the inevitable death that'll come from it...

Unfortunately, all deaths due to outages other than game-wide (as monitored by my 24-7 logged in characters) will result in your character being retired from the competition.

God
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, 10:00:39 AM

Viserys, Elf Warrior of Illistim, joins the call.

Evarin
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, 10:11:45 AM

Welcome aboard. Surprised that name wasn't taken.

Taessa
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, 11:24:51 AM

@evarin I guess i'll try an get in on this. Rogert, the dwarf warrior from the Landing.

Evarin
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, 11:27:56 AM

Best of luck!

Evarin
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, 2:26:39 PM

A few notes.

1. In a little over one week since going live, we now have over 30 active HARDCORE participants in the competition. My sincere thanks to everyone who decided to join in on the fun.

2. The leaderboards have been significantly updated on the wiki and on each unofficial message board. Along with the standard Title/Level and Society achievements, Guild Skill, Artisan Skill, Locksmithing, and Adventurer Guild skills have also been added. In the near future I will announce prizes for some of these achievements, so be on the lookout!

3. Two new rule changes have been drafted and will go into effect tomorrow (November 9th 2017) should there be no issues that arise after being reviewed by the HARDCORE community. Please see below and feel free to comment should you have questions, concerns, or suggestions. Note that these points are largely for clarification purposes and should not have an impact on your current method of playing.

HARDCORE characters may perform services for non-HARDCORE characters such as (but not limited to) Healing, Locksmithing, Spellups, Loresinging, Blessing, Armor Adjustment, Scroll Infusion, Enchanting, and Ensorcelling. However, the HARDCORE character may not receive any reward or payment for said service outside of those provided by the game itself (Experience, Guild Reps, etc). These services cannot be provided to an alternate account of the player (AKA MAing) and should not be abused solely to earn "safe" experience.

HARDCORE characters are not permitted to take part in pay festivals where real life currency is exchanged for a ticket such as Ebon Gate. Festivals that are free to all are permitted. The exception to this rule is if a HARDCORE character wins entry to a pay festival via in-game means such as finding a ticket in the treasure system. Should this occur, the participant must announce his win in an appropriate thread (See links at end of wiki page) in the interest of full disclosure.

1. A player has suggested tracking original HARDCORE characters run by players who have yet to die during competition and marking them in the logs with an asterisk (*). This would provide a small bit of recognition for the longest running characters in the competition. An alternative option would be to provide a date of inception for each character to serve a similar purpose. If you have an opinion on the matter, please speak out and it will be taken into consideration moving forward.

Thanks for reading and good luck out there!

OldSkool
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, 8:52:34 PM

@evarin For #4, I would prefer to see a date of inception, if possible.

God
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017, 9:39:26 PM

Isn't there a way to check the time for the last death of a player through his or her profile? or am I thinking about another game...

Evarin
Thursday, November 9th, 2017, 9:28:08 PM

The Inception date of your HARDCORE characters has been added to the Wiki. If you believe your date and time is incorrect, feel free to correct it or let me know and I will do so for you.

Mourne
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 2:27:33 AM

RIP Hareyk, ganged up on by a water witch and a cobra on the Vornavis Coast. The water witch finished him off, and no one was there to mourn.

God
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 7:33:36 AM

@mourne Some critter combos are just brutal, another is forest trolls with a cockatrice spamming petrification gaze. Almost certain death.

Evarin
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 9:20:14 AM

@mourne said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

RIP Hareyk, ganged up on by a water witch and a cobra on the Vornavis Coast. The water witch finished him off, and no one was there to mourn.

Brutal. Thank you for updating the wiki.

Mourne
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 11:40:48 AM

Eh, I could have been better about risk management in there. I'll make a new one once I discharge some obligations. :D

Evarin
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 11:59:34 AM

Glad to hear you're sticking with it.

Losus
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 1:39:04 PM

Yeah thanks to this mode I no longer play my main and will probably close that account haha

Kithus
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 3:31:38 PM

At what level are large ogres not total suicide?

Eva
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 3:35:08 PM

My poor halfling sorceress alt. She hasn't received any time since this inception of HC girl.

Mourne
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 5:03:39 PM

Luthaed, half-elf rogue, has popped up in Ta'Vaalor. Take 2! And added to the wiki.

Evarin
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 6:02:34 PM

@mourne said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

Luthaed, half-elf rogue, has popped up in Ta'Vaalor. Take 2! And added to the wiki.

Go get 'em

Evarin
Friday, November 10th, 2017, 6:03:47 PM

@kithus said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

At what level are large ogres not total suicide?

Hard to say self-spelled. Can you try to move up into chain armor and gain a good chunk of AvD?

GoutMan
Saturday, November 11th, 2017, 1:23:30 PM

is this where i post the info for my hardcore character?

Doug
Saturday, November 11th, 2017, 1:50:39 PM

@goutman said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

is this where i post the info for my hardcore character?

Yep! Jump onboard!

God
Saturday, November 11th, 2017, 3:01:10 PM

What about the cleric self rezz ability? how does that work?

Evarin
Saturday, November 11th, 2017, 3:04:52 PM

@god said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

What about the cleric self rezz ability? how does that work?

Still counts as a death, the manner of resurrection is irrelevant.

Evarin
Saturday, November 11th, 2017, 11:42:24 PM

A tough day for the HARDCORE. We lost both Dwarden and Izzire.

Losus
Sunday, November 12th, 2017, 7:19:45 AM

RIP brave warriors

Larch
Sunday, November 12th, 2017, 1:14:50 PM

Flekk the halfling Empath has arrived in Icemule.

Evarin
Sunday, November 12th, 2017, 1:39:34 PM

@larch said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

Very nice. Good luck out there. Watch out for Invasions, they still count as a legitimate death!

Larch
Sunday, November 12th, 2017, 2:21:57 PM

@evarin said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

@larch said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

Very nice. Good luck out there. Watch out for Invasions, they still count as a legitimate death!

All I'm worried about is getting summarily executed for murdering the Bondsman because he never has any work for me.

Losus
Sunday, November 12th, 2017, 7:49:34 PM

okay so poor Tanki broke down in IMT today and I had 38k in the bank and only needed 25k for this SWEET treat!!

You see Eskoff the Warrior. He appears to be a Dwarf. He has a tattoo of a tiny stein of golden ale on the cheek tilted over with ale flowing toward the mouth.

Evarin
Sunday, November 12th, 2017, 7:57:00 PM

Expensive fluff, but perfectly fine to get as long as no one subsidized your purchase.

Losus
Sunday, November 12th, 2017, 8:56:06 PM

@Evarin

Nope the GM even said someone could pay for it and I had to OOC her to explain I couldn't do that haha

Novra
Monday, November 13th, 2017, 11:16:02 AM

Asheldia reached level 11 today.

Evarin
Monday, November 13th, 2017, 11:32:49 AM

@novra said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

Asheldia reached level 11 today.

Congrats. The wiki has been updated.

Evarin
Wednesday, November 15th, 2017, 7:02:46 AM

An exception has been added to the rule regarding taking items from the bench in TSQ, Landing.

• The taking or use of items left on the town bench, donation bin, or other communal containers is not permitted, though HARDCORE characters are free to donate items. HARDCORE characters may not take or make use of any items or silver found laying on the ground unless generated by the game itself (truffles, smooth stones, etc). One exception to this rule is that HARDCORE characters may take acorns from the Town Square bench (or containers on/near it) should the need arise.
Novra
Wednesday, November 15th, 2017, 2:42:37 PM

@evarin Asheldia reached level 12 today!

Evarin
Wednesday, November 15th, 2017, 2:44:34 PM

Congrats. I'll update the wiki.

Losus
Thursday, November 16th, 2017, 6:56:19 AM

Okay folks,

I am planning on starting an MHO with the emphasis around our competition. Events I am thinking of thus far are GOS hated enemies hunts, voln favor hunts and for our fur traders ;) escort assignments protecting and aiding skinners. I am open to other things as well and would be aiming for Saturday nights 9EST probably 2 times a month.

Going to name it Honored As Soil and if I can do a coat of arms it will be a rune staff and sword atop a freshly dug mound of earth.

Going to base it in WL but will also coordinate events in TV too.

Let me know if you are interested. Going to do more research but I figured the first step is to let folks know!

Losus
Thursday, November 16th, 2017, 6:57:42 AM

Also even though it should go without saying the hardcore rules would apply so no loot sharing or spells etc for hardcore folks

Evarin
Thursday, November 16th, 2017, 8:00:47 AM

Excellent. One suggestion I would make is to incorporate a means of conveying a strong sense of individualism and self-reliance. HC players are looking for an IC means of explaining to others why they do not want outside aid in any form and the MHO could serve that purpose.

Losus
Thursday, November 16th, 2017, 8:17:23 AM

@Evarin

Good call, I am open to suggestions regarding this as well.

Losus
Friday, November 17th, 2017, 8:22:25 PM

A werebear tries to bite you! AS: +130 vs DS: +18 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +99 = +235 ... and hits for 66 points of damage! Neck broken. You twitch several times before dying.

You realize that you have no outstanding favors which Lorminstra owes you, and without having accomplished a deed for Her, your soul is in danger of vanishing from the land forever!

...departing in 16 mins... The werebear wails at the smell of fresh blood!

Losus
Friday, November 17th, 2017, 10:02:14 PM

Just rolled Dicio - Human Cleric - about to be level 1 - F2P

Evarin
Friday, November 17th, 2017, 10:26:22 PM

Just rolled Dicio - Human Cleric - about to be level 1 - F2P

I'll add you to the roster.

Losus
Saturday, November 18th, 2017, 6:37:28 AM

@evarin I may end up retiring and rerolling him on a main account and if I do I'll let you know obviously but I liked the name so I rolled him up.

If I do start playing him this weekend he will stay free to play and will be leveling really slow, unless I close another account and open the F2P

Novra
Saturday, November 18th, 2017, 6:38:46 AM

@evarin Asheldia has reached level 13.

Losus
Saturday, November 18th, 2017, 6:43:01 AM

@Novra

Congrats!!

Losus
Saturday, November 18th, 2017, 6:46:57 AM

@Evarin

I know our hardcore guys can't get outside benefits but assuming I got to 18 on my cleric (HA) if my main dies can I use my dude to raise him if no other clerics around?

Also I will totes need his 100s and I am assuming our hardcores can spell others up just not other hardcores

Losus
Saturday, November 18th, 2017, 7:51:18 AM

Dicio has been scrapped and Gavlock the human cleric is taking his place. I corrected the WIKI to reflect this

Novra
Saturday, November 18th, 2017, 9:59:22 AM

@evarin For Asheldia: Strongest foe vanquished: a grizzled shelfae chieftain

Novra
Saturday, November 18th, 2017, 9:59:44 AM

@losus Thanks!

Losus
Saturday, November 18th, 2017, 11:55:29 AM

@Novra

ballsy with quake!

Evarin
Sunday, November 19th, 2017, 12:02:55 PM

@novra said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

@evarin For Asheldia: Strongest foe vanquished: a grizzled shelfae chieftain

I missed this post, my apologies. I have updated the wiki.

@Evarin

I know our hardcore guys can't get outside benefits but assuming I got to 18 on my cleric (HA) if my main dies can I use my dude to raise him if no other clerics around?

Also I will totes need his 100s and I am assuming our hardcores can spell others up just not other hardcores

Yes, you may use a HARDCORE character to perform services including resurrections and spellups for non-HARDCORE characters, including your own.

Evarin
Sunday, November 19th, 2017, 12:28:31 PM

A number of rules have either been added or further clarified.

HARDCORE characters may reroll prior to dying and keep their current name should they wish to do so. Aftering rerolling, new level, race, and profession information should be conveyed via updating the wiki or in a message board post in the appropriate thread.

Should a HARDCORE character receive outside spells from another player, they may dispel themselves using any available means to include an alternate account, fellow HARDCORE characters, or non-HARDCORE characters.

Items and silver may not be obtained from other characters. This means nothing may be received from another character or player shop, including character-to-character sales. All silver and inventory must be earned by the HARDCORE character. NPC shop purchases are permitted. Items the HARDCORE character obtained from a merchant, including raffles and merchant services, are permitted. Use of the pawnshop is allowed. However, no attempts should be made to knowingly buy or sell items to purposefully supply HARDCORE characters.

GemStone IV Prime HARDCORE characters shall at a minimum toggle on the ability to view their level in their profiles. It is recommended that the Strongest Foe toggle also be set, as well as any other appplicable toggles such as Warcamps, Lock, Trap, Guild, and Society.

Participation in Societies, to include tasks requiring the direct involvement of other characters is permitted, as is the use of both HARDCORE and Non-HARDCORE characters to complete said tasks. MAing the required participants is not permitted, nor is use of non-HARDCORE characters to make certain tasks easier, such as razing warcamps.

Also, it is important to remember that should your HARDCORE character die, you MUST either delete said character or reroll into a different name. Keeping the same name upon death creates a number of complications that are best avoided.

Losus
Monday, November 20th, 2017, 7:19:59 AM

Gazlock is out. Had to run upstairs because my little one vommed and when I came back downstairs I was laying down in kings court so naturally it's assumed I died. As to what I do not know (didn't scroll) but it was something in the glaise gnoc and probably an effin by San!

Losus
Monday, November 20th, 2017, 7:20:53 AM

Vysan...

I will be rolling an empath next but this will no longer be my main account so it will be slow going after the first lumnis

Evarin
Monday, November 20th, 2017, 8:04:58 AM

Death by Vysan fornication should be allowed within the rules, i'm thinking.

OldSkool
Monday, November 20th, 2017, 9:00:52 AM

Tough day yesterday...3 deaths? :(

Evarin
Monday, November 20th, 2017, 9:12:21 AM

Quite a few, yes. I need to update this copy of the roster.

Kithus
Monday, November 20th, 2017, 8:00:08 PM

I basically kill one a day at this point.

Losus
Monday, November 20th, 2017, 10:06:46 PM

@Evarin

Introducing Rect the human empath and how I will feel if this turd dies. Lvl 0 until I can play tomorrow

Evarin
Monday, November 20th, 2017, 11:37:30 PM

Go get 'em.

Losus
Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017, 6:18:30 AM

@Evarin

Rect is officially level 5 and strongest foe is lesser frost shade haha

Evarin
Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017, 7:13:23 AM

Sounds good. Updating now.

Aaron247
Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017, 1:47:01 PM

Alas Tannellen is no More... tried to get some Adventure guilding in whilst at work... took my eye off the ball for a minute or two and got knocked down by a chieftan and beaten by him and soldier... {sigh}

It was a good run... While it lasted... I sure will miss this build. So much time invested in the past 22 days!

[Sea Cave, Rocky Cavern] Jagged stone teeth protrude from the floor beneath you, as though from the rotting jaw of a decaying giant. As you make your way through the stalagmites, you notice one rough column of stone that extends over to a high ledge. You also see a shelfae soldier, a morning star, a wooden shield, a leather helm and a wooden shield. Obvious exits: northeast, west A shelfae soldier thrusts with a trident at you! Amazingly, you manage to block the attack with your aegis!

KILL SO You swing an ora-edged golvern broadsword at a shelfae soldier! The shelfae soldier barely dodges the attack! Roundtime: 7 sec. A shelfae soldier thrusts with a trident at you! AS: +102 vs DS: +111 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +49 = +65 A clean miss.

KILL SO You swing an ora-edged golvern broadsword at a shelfae soldier! By amazing chance, the shelfae soldier evades the attack! Roundtime: 7 sec. A shelfae soldier thrusts with a trident at you! In the nick of time, you interpose your rolaren aegis between yourself and the attack!

KILL SO You swing an ora-edged golvern broadsword at a shelfae soldier! AS: +180 vs DS: +58 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +55 = +209 ... and hit for 37 points of damage! Blade slashes across the shelfae soldier's face! Nice nose job. The shelfae soldier is stunned! Roundtime: 7 sec.

KILL SO You swing an ora-edged golvern broadsword at a shelfae soldier! AS: +180 vs DS: +54 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +12 = +170 ... and hit for 20 points of damage! Attack hits the shelfae soldier's throat but doesn't break the skin. Close! Roundtime: 7 sec. A shelfae soldier thrusts with a trident at you! AS: +82 vs DS: +111 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +96 = +92 A clean miss. A soldier glances about, its cold reptilian eyes showing no emotion. A shelfae soldier thrusts with a trident at you! AS: +82 vs DS: +111 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +10 = +6 A clean miss. A shelfae soldier runs northeast. A shelfae chieftain just arrived. The shelfae chieftain hisses a phrase of magic, lashing its tail about. A chieftain's tail strikes the ground, raising a flurry of sparks! The ground begins to shake violently, making it hard to stand. You lose your balance and fall over. A shelfae chieftain swings a morning star at you! AS: +130 vs DS: +61 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +39 = +138 ... and hits for 14 points of damage! Blow raises a welt on your left arm. The ground begins to shake violently, making it hard to stand. You bounce along the floor as the tremors shake. A shelfae soldier just arrived. The shelfae chieftain hisses a phrase of magic, lashing its tail about. A shelfae soldier thrusts with a trident at you! AS: +82 vs DS: +57 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +98 = +148 ... and hits for 17 points of damage! Quick slash to your upper right arm! Just a nick The ground begins to shake violently, making it hard to stand. A chieftain's tail strikes the ground, raising a flurry of sparks! A shelfae soldier thrusts with a trident at you! AS: +82 vs DS: +57 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +94 = +144 ... and hits for 18 points of damage! Awkward slash to your stomach! Everyone needs another belly button.

STAND You stand back up. The ground begins to shake violently, making it hard to stand. You lose your balance and fall over. The ground stops shaking as quickly as it started. A shelfae chieftain swings a morning star at you! AS: +130 vs DS: +53 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +47 = +154 ... and hits for 19 points of damage! Blow raises a welt on your left arm.

NE You will have to stand up first or crawl there.

STAND

A shelfae soldier thrusts with a trident at you! AS: +82 vs DS: +50 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +93 = +150 ... and hits for 20 points of damage! Minor puncture to the right leg. Your skin grows slightly numb for a moment as the warm glow fades from around you. You lose a bit of focus as the knowledge of future battles drifts from your mind. You feel your abilities diminish as the energy provided by your patron fades from around you. The dim celadon wisps about your hands flare up once more and fade completely away. Your bolstered defenses fade with the soft glow about you.

You realize that you have no outstanding favors which Lorminstra owes you, and without having accomplished a deed for Her, your soul is in danger of vanishing from the land forever!

...departing in 10 mins...

You sense the powers guarding your corpse awakening.

A lambent white-gold cloud rolls through the area. A shelfae soldier is buffeted by the white-gold cloud and is knocked to the ground. ... 20 points of damage! Blistering strike to leg shrivels skin and causes excruciating pain. A shelfae chieftain is buffeted by the white-gold cloud and is knocked to the ground.

You sense that 3 creatures have been injured and 0 have been slain in the reckoning!

The soldier screams in vicious delight! You are a ghost! You must wait until someone resurrects you, or you decay. Either way, it won't be long now! (HELP for more details).

NE You are a ghost! You must wait until someone resurrects you, or you decay. Either way, it won't be long now! (HELP for more details).

...departing in 10 mins...

You sense the powers guarding your corpse awakening.

A lambent white-gold cloud rolls through the area. A shelfae soldier is buffeted by the white-gold cloud and is knocked to the ground. ... 20 points of damage! Blistering strike to leg shrivels skin and causes excruciating pain. A shelfae chieftain is buffeted by the white-gold cloud and is knocked to the ground.

You sense that 3 creatures have been injured and 0 have been slain in the reckoning!

The soldier screams in vicious delight! You are a ghost! You must wait until someone resurrects you, or you decay. Either way, it won't be long now! (HELP for more details).

NE You are a ghost! You must wait until someone resurrects you, or you decay. Either way, it won't be long now! (HELP for more details).

Evarin
Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017, 1:56:00 PM

Brutal. Sorry to see you go.

Aaron247
Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017, 2:20:53 PM

Thanks for Everything Evarin.

I am going to take some time to soak this in and then I may join back in with my bretheren once more.

Evarin
Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017, 2:25:23 PM

@aaron247 said in Gemstone PRIME HARDCORE Official Thread:

Thanks for Everything Evarin.

I am going to take some time to soak this in and then I may join back in with my bretheren once more.

alt text

Evarin
Monday, November 27th, 2017, 12:13:07 PM

The HARDCORE competition rules have been updated to include guidance on merchants, raffles, and games. The first bullet has not undergone any changes and is being included to act as a reference for the new addition.

• Items from a grand auction, Duskruin, Delirium Manor or other "pay to play", or "1 win per account" sources are not permitted. Items from Reim are permitted but only from your daily free Reim run. Prizes obtained from OOG competitions or rewards such as (but not limited to) the Premium Monthly Submission contest, Indiegogo campaigns, GM/Gamehost/Mentor rewards, and CHE/MHO rewards are not permitted.

• GM Merchant services, including premium only merchants, are allowed in all forms with the exception of the types of festivals outlined in the rules above. Raffles run by GMs or CHE/MHO organizations are also permitted. Participation and prizes involving all manner of games run by GMs are allowed to be entered by HARDCORE characters. Participation in games or competitions run by CHE/MHOs, groups, or individuals are allowed only if the chance of success is not guaranteed. The HARDCORE character may not receive spells, services, or hunt in groups with NON-HARDCORE characters during the course of these games. Prizes may be accepted for winning said games, but not solely for participation. Always remember the spirit of the HARDCORE competition and use your best judgement when participating in such activities.

Losus
Thursday, November 30th, 2017, 8:35:04 AM

@Evarin okay take 4 - orwac dwarf paladin lvl 0 so far.

Because we need moar pallies

Evarin
Thursday, November 30th, 2017, 8:42:08 AM

Unfortunately, work has decided to block GSwiki, so i'll be a lot slower to update the roster and such. Best of luck, L.

God
Thursday, November 30th, 2017, 9:16:44 AM

Is it possible to just retire the character from Hardcore mode after death, why go so far to delete?

Evarin
Thursday, November 30th, 2017, 9:31:52 AM

@god said in Gemstone PRIME HARDCORE Official Thread:

Is it possible to just retire the character from Hardcore mode after death, why go so far to delete?

The point of the competition is to have dire consequences associated with character death. Strip the competition of said consequences and it fails to have a point. As has been mentioned before, there is no system in place that forces you to delete the character. However, as you are agreeing to the rules of the competition when you sign up, violating them would mean subsequent characters would not be considered as actual participants.

None of this is official, however. There's nothing stopping someone from breaking all the rules of the competition and claiming they are still a participant. Since its inception, no one has attempted any sort of disruptive behavior, but it's simply a matter of time before someone tries to do so. The situation will be dealt with as best as possible when and if the need arises.

OldSkool
Thursday, November 30th, 2017, 11:36:12 AM

Actually, considering this is prime, I am very, very impressed with everyone's behavior. I honestly expected, if not from the participants themselves, disruption from the more annoying general populace. I'm very pleased with how everyone seems to be keeping within it.

God
Thursday, November 30th, 2017, 4:56:21 PM

I wish Simu will step in and give you an option to make a "hardcore" character.

Doug
Thursday, November 30th, 2017, 5:02:06 PM

I wish Simu will step in and give you an option to make a "hardcore" character.

I was thinking of something similar myself. I can't help but wonder if it could be done without being a stand alone instance, though - and I'm not sure how that might make sense financially.

Losus
Friday, December 1st, 2017, 6:14:00 AM

I know there had been interest in a hardcore themed MHO and I had been planning to do one but my present schedule hasn't allowed me to have dedicated time slots to do events.

I also don't want to create it purely on my own and would like help from the community on naming/ideas and events and how to keep it in line with RP.

I was thinking at the beginning of the year we could arrange an OOC table talk in either TV or WL and brainstorm on specifics for all of those who are interested. Once there is a general consensus we can then again on a first event date and time and I'll start all the other tasks involved.

If folks are on board I'll look at my calendar sometime this weekend for some dates for the OOC table talk

Thoughts?

God
Friday, December 1st, 2017, 11:21:06 AM

Although I may not be able to make this meeting in person, some things you may consider...

-Use Lich to track deaths. Very simple solution to adding some real teeth (and thus more of that Oh Shit! factor) to hardcore.

-Peer review of use of items and spells. A system for fellow hardcore players to report item use/services violations. A report is not a conviction but an opening for someone like Evarin (or other trusted referees) to keep an eye on said player(s).

Losus
Friday, December 1st, 2017, 11:31:50 AM

@God

I currently haven't had any doubts about those competing of any shady practices. If something comes up that's one thing but so far I have no reason to think this even be addressed based on the current community of competitors

God
Friday, December 1st, 2017, 11:40:06 AM

@losus Oh I wasn't suggesting there was anything shady going on. It just adds a level of finality when things are tracked because there's always something in the back of your mind that claws at you, "Well you know it's late and noone is really on ...maybe I can..."

Trust but verify.

Evarin
Friday, December 1st, 2017, 12:00:50 PM

Deaths are already tracked via the deaths log in game.

Losus
Friday, December 1st, 2017, 12:33:23 PM

@God

Yes but I don't even have that crawl in my head and those currently in I do not think have those thoughts as well.

Evarin
Monday, December 4th, 2017, 8:39:03 AM

Roster should be updated for the weekend. We lost Iachon at level 12 to a Grizzled Deranged Sentry, Rambals at level 18 to Earthen Fury care of a Wight, Mazikene at level 12 to an unknown foe, and Iachon's successor Jachon at level 4 to the dreaded Dark Vysan. Kachon the halfbreed Ranger has joined the ranks as to carry on the 'chon lineage, and Orwac the Dwarven Paladin signed up earlier in the week.

Evarin
Monday, December 4th, 2017, 9:32:40 AM

@losus said in Gemstone PRIME HARDCORE Official Thread:

I know there had been interest in a hardcore themed MHO and I had been planning to do one but my present schedule hasn't allowed me to have dedicated time slots to do events.

I also don't want to create it purely on my own and would like help from the community on naming/ideas and events and how to keep it in line with RP.

I was thinking at the beginning of the year we could arrange an OOC table talk in either TV or WL and brainstorm on specifics for all of those who are interested. Once there is a general consensus we can then again on a first event date and time and I'll start all the other tasks involved.

If folks are on board I'll look at my calendar sometime this weekend for some dates for the OOC table talk

Thoughts?

I did a brief Q&A with people on the Lnet HARDCORE channel the other day brainstorming for ideas regarding a HC MHO. As mentioned before, a big perk would be to provide an IC explanation of why those in the group choose to play the way we do. That has already been discussed, though.

The other big point was to be able to provide the HC community with chances to exchange goods/services that would otherwise be against the rules or unavailable. There seemed to be general consensus that as long as there weren't just events that were excuses to spell each other up that people would be interested in joining and wouldn't see it as a gross violation of the spirit of the HARDCORE competition.

Group hunts would be one idea for events, but i'd also like to see swap meets, limited sales between HC characters, raffles/games/competitions for items that wouldn't normally be available due to being from pay festivals, etc.

Membership would have to be available to everyone so that no one would see the MHO as an unfair advantage or perk. I'd also like to see more input from HC folks to allow people to weigh in with their opinions on what they'd like to see from the group.

Losus
Monday, December 4th, 2017, 2:05:21 PM

@evarin banleus lvl 0 bard!!

Evarin
Monday, December 4th, 2017, 2:26:25 PM

@evarin banleus lvl 0 bard!!

I'll update the wiki sometime tonight. Good luck!

Evarin
Monday, December 4th, 2017, 7:09:15 PM

As requested, rules regarding group hunting have been clarified: When hunting with other HARDCORE characters, all members of the party should be able to gain experience from at least one of the creatures in the given area. Any member of the party may skin the corpse or loot the creature regardless of whether or not they landed the killing blow. However, loot may not be shared. Whoever performs skinning will keep the skin, and whoever loots the corpse keeps all resulting treasure. Silver/Loot may not be shared at any point once gained. Alternate taking turns skinning and/or looting should you wish to divide the spoils.

Losus
Wednesday, December 6th, 2017, 9:09:44 PM

@Evarin

WHELP! Back to the paladin and the Bard title holding may be short lived

A lesser red orc swings a scimitar at you! AS: +91 vs DS: +34 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +39 = +127 ... and hits for 9 points of damage! Whiplash! The silvery luminescence fades from around you.

...departing in 10 mins... A lesser red orc glares down at your body and spits.

Evarin
Wednesday, December 6th, 2017, 9:43:34 PM

Geeeez

Losus
Wednesday, December 6th, 2017, 10:17:59 PM

Yup but means I can focus on my hardcore pally again haha #5 back in action

Trannquil
Thursday, December 7th, 2017, 11:20:10 AM

Alas Mirienda is no more.....

Hunting Shadow Spectres in the Plains of Bone

Walked into a room. Saw a Spectre and an already active cloud. Before I could move ZAP 30 Points to my Left Eye

Great bolt of electricity pierces left eye and fries brain till dead...

Oh well, will be back shortly with a new fun adventure in the realms of Hardcore!

Trannquil
Thursday, December 7th, 2017, 12:56:31 PM

Ok, and Back in the Game!

Maranida Erithian Wizard has taken up the fight. Currently in IMT, but may move somewhere to try something new

Evarin
Thursday, December 7th, 2017, 2:28:59 PM

Ouch! Glad to hear you're right back at it.

Trannquil
Friday, December 8th, 2017, 3:48:38 AM

Well that was short lived! A dark vysan tries to ensnare you! AS: +54 vs DS: +56 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +76 = +104 ... and hits for 1 point of damage! Barely touched! A dark vysan's touch brings the chill of death! ... 30 points of damage! Boiling water would feel better than this! The silvery luminescence fades from around you.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you..

Soooooo onto the next step. Level 2. I am actually very embarrassed lol.

Losus
Friday, December 8th, 2017, 5:02:57 AM

@Trannquil

Hardcore unofficial rule #1 - don't eff with vysans!

Sorry to see you fall again but come back to us!

Evarin
Friday, December 8th, 2017, 6:30:55 AM

Vysans are back out on top for most player kills. Those flares are stupidly strong.

Losus
Friday, December 8th, 2017, 11:23:19 AM

Yeah they are death flares apparently

Evarin
Friday, December 8th, 2017, 12:15:07 PM

Since our last update we lost our F2P character Horfiz to a pack of rabid Kobolds who caught him sleeping, Duillen and Banleus to Lesser Orcs, Hartkorre to the dreaded Disconnect, and Day 1's beloved Mirienda to an errant Gas Cloud. Her successor Maranida quickly fell at the hands of a Dark Vysan's icy grasp, but another shall soon rise to take her place. We've also added Orwac, Tannellen's distant successor along with Ainudraug to the HARDCORE Paladin ranks. Kratikus the warrior, Mazikeene (The 6th? of her name) the Wizard, and finally Murphin (Of Horfiz fame) the F2P Human Empath all have stepped up to heed the call. Wish them luck, they'll need it.

Losus
Friday, December 8th, 2017, 12:26:44 PM

If maz is on six at least I know I haven't died the most!

Trannquil
Friday, December 8th, 2017, 5:49:08 PM

Ok. Once more. With FEELING!

Mirda, Giantkin Paladin Has wandered into the lands from the far Steppes.

And she is already level 3 so progress!!!

Evarin
Friday, December 8th, 2017, 8:07:01 PM

@trannquil said in Gemstone PRIME HARDCORE Official Thread:

Ok. Once more. With FEELING!

Mirda, Giantkin Paladin Has wandered into the lands from the far Steppes.

And she is already level 3 so progress!!!

Nice. Keep hammering.

God
Saturday, December 9th, 2017, 8:09:14 AM

Amazing how difficult it is to level a few without dying.

Evarin
Saturday, December 9th, 2017, 9:56:19 AM

Amazing how difficult it is to level a few without dying.

Did you end up abandoning Viserys?

God
Saturday, December 9th, 2017, 10:19:56 AM

@evarin He died, level 5 in Lower Dragonsclaw Forest by a wayward Forest Troll. (what GM in their right mind would mix level 1 Goblins, kobolds and level 3 Velnalins with level 14 Forest Trolls is beyond me.)

However, I hadn't had the heart to delete him, so I guess I'm DQ'd until I do.

To review GMs...

This is a level 1 Goblin. It's almost cute. alt text

This is a level 14 Forest Troll, it will rape you and make people ragequit. alt text

Evarin
Saturday, December 9th, 2017, 10:20:58 AM

Very true. Thanks for letting me know. Forest Trolls have super low DS, though. Makes for great uphunting in the right scenarios.

Kaldonis
Sunday, December 10th, 2017, 12:03:08 PM

Mimia, Dark Elf, Sorcerer. Created 11:58 EST 2017/12/10.

Evarin
Sunday, December 10th, 2017, 12:09:46 PM

Thanks. I'll update the wiki. Don't forget to toggle on your level/strongest foe in your profile, and if you use lich there is a HARDCORE Lnet channel for connecting with your fellow competitors.

Kaldonis
Sunday, December 10th, 2017, 12:50:54 PM

@kaldonis said in Gemstone PRIME HARDCORE Official Thread:

Mimia, Dark Elf, Sorcerer. Created 11:58 EST 2017/12/10.

That didn't take long.

A kobold shepherd claps his hands together in front of you! CS: +35 - TD: +45 + CvA: +25 + d100: +97 - -5 == +117 Warding failed! Target staggered by strong strike for 27 points of damage! ... 10 points of damage! Blood boils in your chest. The air calms down around you. The silvery luminescence fades from around you. The light blue glow leaves you. It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you... You realize that you have no outstanding favors which Lorminstra owes you, and without having accomplished a deed for Her, your soul is in danger of vanishing from the land forever! ...departing in 10 mins... A kobold shepherd jabs at your body with his shepherd's crook to make sure you're dead.

I'll probably use the same name though, which is stated somewhere in the rules against but other people seem to have...

Evarin
Sunday, December 10th, 2017, 12:52:43 PM

Please don't. Those that kept their names were grandfathered in before I set the rule that you must reroll. It presents a number of logistical problems to keep the same name. Let me know if/when you decide to roll up a new character and i'll update the wiki accordingly.

Kaldonis
Sunday, December 10th, 2017, 1:11:12 PM

Irneya, Dark Elf, Sorcerer, 13:09 2017/12/10.

Losus
Sunday, December 10th, 2017, 1:29:17 PM

An ethereal traveller thrusts with an awl-pike at you! AS: +103 vs DS: +13 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +95 = +218 ... and hits for 93 points of damage! Well placed strike to back shatters vertebrae! The subdued warmth embracing you fades along with the spiritual force surrounding your arms. Your boosted confidence and fearlessness fade. The dully illuminated mantle protecting you begins to falter, then completely fades away. Cobalt light separates itself from your skin and scatters into oblivion.

Orwac gone and I will probably hang up the gloves for a good bit, would like to progress on something haha

Evarin
Sunday, December 10th, 2017, 1:56:19 PM

That's a rough one. Sad to see Orwac go.

Kaldonis
Sunday, December 10th, 2017, 5:14:56 PM

Irneya, Dark Elf, Sorcerer, 13:09 2017/12/10.

Less than 3 hours later, running to WL at level 4:

[go2]>north [go2]>northeast [Zortahg's Spine, Tail] [go2]>northeast Intact and impressive only a stone's throw above the grasses, the crenellated highroad appears to have decayed as soon as it touched the bog. Rounded, white humps of stone and pockets of black water dot the green expanse of marsh grass to the south. You also see a large ogre. Obvious paths: north, south A large ogre swings a flail at you! AS: +165 vs DS: +101 with AvD: +45 + d100 roll: +84 = +193 ... and hits for 65 points of damage! Damaging strike to chest, several ribs shattered! The light blue glow leaves you. The air calms down around you. The powerful look leaves you. The silvery luminescence fades from around you. It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you... You realize that you have no outstanding favors which Lorminstra owes you, and without having accomplished a deed for Her, your soul is in danger of vanishing from the land forever! ...departing in 10 mins... The ogre screams in vicious delight!

Think I'm done with this for now, seems like a pretty bad RNG.

Evarin
Sunday, December 10th, 2017, 5:27:57 PM

Well, at least it was a clean death.

Kaldonis
Monday, December 11th, 2017, 7:58:08 AM

Shimlurous, Dark Elf, Sorcerer, 07:56 AM 20171211. Since I'm at work, almost certain this one will last more than 3 hours, but we'll see about not dying before level 5.

Losus
Monday, December 11th, 2017, 8:03:57 AM

@Kaldonis you got this!

Evarin
Monday, December 11th, 2017, 8:41:36 AM

Lots of activity since our last update. We've had a number of additions to the roster, though some of them didn't quite stick. Both Mimia and Irneya tried their Dark Elvish hands at Sorcery and met their fates at the hands of a Kobold Shepherd and Large Ogre respectively. Apparently, Ogres aren't fond of people running through their turf on the way to Solhaven. The newcomers who survived the weekend were Sundamar, a Bard chasing after the top slot, the Sorcerer Sutudo, Mirda representing the Paladins, and Bowltar and Mazakeen round out the Wizards. This will be the seventh of the Maza clan, with Mazikeene struck down by an unknown foe.

Other deaths include Viserys who apparently slipped through the cracks and perished some time ago. Thorndis, a promising Rogue met his end via a Tree Viper on a treck back from joining Sunfist. Finally, brave Orwac made the bold but unwise decision to try a solo Reim hunt and met his end via an Ethereal Traveller.

That'll do it for this update. Best of luck to our remaining competitors.

Evarin
Monday, December 11th, 2017, 8:42:06 AM

Shimlurous, Dark Elf, Sorcerer, 07:56 AM 20171211. Since I'm at work, almost certain this one will last more than 3 hours, but we'll see about not dying before level 5.

Here's hoping Shim has better luck than his wayward kin.

Evarin
Monday, December 11th, 2017, 4:37:00 PM

Please be advised of two rule changes already reflected in the wiki:

Locksmithing - HARDCORE characters are permitted to open the boxes of other HARDCORE characters. The HARDCORE locksmith may not accept rewards for their efforts beyond the experience gained. Scarabs and trap components are considered the property of the locksmith. As mentioned elsewhere, HARDCORE locksmiths may also offer their services to non-HARDCORE clients as well.

Group Hunting - In order to promote group hunting, the restrictions on aiding your fellow competitors has been modified to allow the use of the following (Self-cast or item cast) spells: Stun Relief (108), Undisease (113), Unpoison (114), Spirit Guide (130), Calm (201), Untrammel (209), Minor Sanctuary (213), Major Sanctuary (220), Breeze (612), Celerity (506) [Group effect only], Traveler's Song (1020), Troubadour's Rally (1040), Adrenal Surge (1107), and Soothing Word (1202). In addition, it is permitted to drag your hunting partner to safety, or to execute them if there is risk of your partner(s) dying in battle (Deaths from CvC do not count towards elimination). Note that this list is in addition to the other spells allowed during group hunting, not in replacement thereof.

Losus
Monday, December 11th, 2017, 6:50:24 PM

@Evarin

so two things...

First - Ryogo the F2P Empath has stepped in the ring but in no way will I be climbing up the charts but I will be competing just super slow.

Second - not sure how I feel about the part about executing a fellow HC member to avoid death. I am cool with dragging but to me Executing a fellow member just seems like a way of purposely circumventing the permadeath. It is no different IMO than rolling the dice and logging off after that 10 round stun and hoping to god that the creature doesn't return from the fray. There may have been a vote on it and I missed it but that is just me. I won't do it, but I if need be can find a way to deal if others can.

Kaldonis
Monday, December 11th, 2017, 8:35:04 PM

Not sure if Miracle (350) is allowed, but I'd rather see that than trying to kill each other.

My wife and I only started yesterday, both sorcerers. I said, "I guess we could try to focus Implode each other at some point...otherwise not likely."

I don't really get the point where you are trying to kill them and possibly getting them killed by a creature than trying to drag them away safely? Sure it's a choice but it seems odd.

Kaldonis
Monday, December 11th, 2017, 8:45:08 PM

Also before I start jumping in to debates, let me say hi! I haven't posted on these forums much, and lately not on any too often.

My wife Sarah and I decided to give hardcore a go yesterday.

I had read the wiki, and a few forum posts but not much. She didn't read anything. Some topics we discussed; for instance we had reasoned Unstun with a hunting partner (has to be hardcore) seemed reasonably okay to our judgement.

We went for a pair of sorcerers on the basis that sorcerers probably don't care about not being shared with and that illusions are free experience for all. (We both have a sorcerer guild master, though we won't ever MA it.)

On that, our basic agreement was to keep them both the same level basically, so if one dies then the other should reasonably pause. Sarah joked that as long as I keep killing myself quickly, it's the only way we can stay the same level, anyway.

I'm now a brawling sorcerer, with 100 Agility, in Voln (it sounds safer), hiding behind an imflass aegis I bought at the pawnshop.

Kaldonis
Monday, December 11th, 2017, 9:09:11 PM

Oh this is just pitiful. The gswiki says the highest bard level is 6, with present 5?

Stinkets, Elf, Bard. 21:07 EST 20171211

Evarin
Monday, December 11th, 2017, 9:10:21 PM

CvC in general is allowed under the rules. Aulis once weighed in the HARDCORE chat at some point with the given hunting scenario. People there at the time including myself thought it was an interesting take on the rules and decided to allow it. I doubt anyone has done it yet, nor do I think anyone will. Ultimately, you're playing a dangerous game as if you simply weaken your partner further and a creature kills him, said person is still eliminated.

Also, Miracle is not allowed as you have already died.

Kaldonis
Tuesday, December 12th, 2017, 2:08:36 PM

@evarin said in Gemstone PRIME HARDCORE Official Thread:

Eh, it's a capstone ability and yeah, dying is kind of how that one works.

Evarin
Tuesday, December 12th, 2017, 2:23:17 PM

Can't have the rules be different for 1 profession.

Kaldonis
Tuesday, December 12th, 2017, 5:35:45 PM

Can't have the rules be different for 1 profession.

All professions get immunity at level 100. Clerics have a spell that let's them try not to die once a day. Don't know much about the spell, but i think you still have to get out of the area without dying.

Kaldonis
Tuesday, December 12th, 2017, 6:27:02 PM

Oh this is just pitiful. The gswiki says the highest bard level is 6, with present 5?

You are now level 6!

Evarin
Tuesday, December 12th, 2017, 7:32:56 PM

You are now level 6!

Very nice. I updated the leaderboard. Don't let the title fall back into the hands of Turnipero. One more to go to replace Banleus.

Kaldonis
Tuesday, December 12th, 2017, 8:20:12 PM

Very nice. I updated the leaderboard. Don't let the title fall back into the hands of Turnipero. One more to go to replace Banleus.

For the record, I've never played a bard before.

I just saw the low-hanging fruit (bard levels), most likely cause of death (low level melee encounter), and chose an Elf and put Agility at 100. With a natural +40 DS I figured, I think I can do better than level 6. Anyone a kobold can't kill can make iron until level 5.

Mitch
Tuesday, December 12th, 2017, 10:30:46 PM

Garry. Good old Garry. Half Krolvin Monk in the landing. Level 0. Oooooh Garry!

Evarin
Tuesday, December 12th, 2017, 10:41:16 PM

@mitch said in Gemstone PRIME HARDCORE Official Thread:

Garry. Good old Garry. Half Krolvin Monk in the landing. Level 0. Oooooh Garry!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GMCpKdQLGo

Good stuff.

Trannquil
Friday, December 15th, 2017, 11:53:48 PM

A bone golem lifts its skeletal foot and tries to stomp on you! AS: +182 vs DS: +21 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +36 = +226 ... and hits for 31 points of damage! Tough leg grapple followed by a snap in the left leg! The light blue glow leaves you. The air calms down around you. The powerful look leaves you. The dully illuminated mantle protecting you begins to falter, then completely fades away. The subdued warmth embracing you fades along with the spiritual force surrounding your arms.

Mirda has fallen.

This was much easier as a sorceress! Will have a new body (because apparently that is what they all become!) up and running when I figure out what to try next.

Losus
Friday, December 15th, 2017, 11:55:28 PM

@Trannquil

I think you got jobbed that AS seems super high for bone golems!

Trannquil
Saturday, December 16th, 2017, 2:27:04 AM

No, I got knocked over just as my internet had a moment. I logged back in after resetting the modem and he was enraged and pretty much just crushed me.

Have a new Paladin already because I was having fun with that right up until that point....

Mornia, Giantkin Paladin is in Ta'Vaalor, hopefully for longer than her sister was

Losus
Saturday, December 16th, 2017, 7:15:19 AM

Oh that the enraged will do that!

That stinks and I agree the paladins were fun in hardcore and their spells are very unique and compliment success in that format IMO. The best non spiritual pure for hardcore mode

Evarin
Monday, December 18th, 2017, 1:53:54 PM

Our current update brings us a trio of high profile exits, including our highest level Rogue Ptomin who checked out at level 13 compliments of a Grey Orc. Blaelog the Wizard shot up to tie the record at level 12 before expiring at the hands of a Werebear, and Mirda the Paladin met his end at level 10 (cause unknown.) Mazakeen met her end as is tradition, and last and least was Trunqs the F2P Warrior who came and went in the span of a little over an hour after running afoul of a hungry Ghost Wolf.

Entering the competition is Mazikean (F2P) the 8th of her line already at level 10, along with a pair of Dark Elf Sorcerers Shimlurous and Rubusto. Ryogo (F2P) is an unknown whom I have yet to spot in-game, as is the same with Garry the Half-Krolvin Monk and Fismo the Dwarven Paladin. Making waves in the Paladin profession is Mornia the Giantkin clocking in at level 7, and most importantly Stinkets the level 7 Elven Bard. Be sure to check the leaderboards to find out who is doing what, where, and when.

Until next time.

MCPeePants
Monday, December 18th, 2017, 7:15:15 PM

Sudis - Elven Bard - Landing (F2P)

Evarin
Monday, December 18th, 2017, 7:49:48 PM

@mcpeepants said in Gemstone PRIME HARDCORE Official Thread:

Sudis - Elven Bard - Landing (F2P)

Got you.

Kaldonis
Thursday, December 21st, 2017, 11:21:46 AM

Put this together and released it, for those using lich:

;repo info flowergirl

Evarin
Saturday, December 23rd, 2017, 6:52:11 PM

The Prime HARDCORE wiki page has been updated with a "Last Observed Active" column. All active competitors have been marked last observed active on 23 December 2017 by default. In one month's time, a mark ([I]) will be added to the names of all competitors who have not been seen in the lands since December 23rd. This mark will simply serve as a reference to current HARDCORE competitors that a fellow member may no longer be in active competition. At this time, no other meaning will be ascribed to this mark of inactivity.

Competitors are of course welcome to update their status to reflect their current level of activity, or report to me via various means (The PC, EO, The Officials, via Lnet to Sulikfor, etc) and I shall gladly do it for you.

Losus
Sunday, December 24th, 2017, 6:13:54 PM

Okay take 6 - Hnorl the half krolvin half sylvan ranger of TV is tossing his hat in the ring. Currentl level 0 :)

Losus
Sunday, December 24th, 2017, 7:33:42 PM

replace the name Hnorl with Ugribow - rerolled because I accidentally picked RR and fuck that jazz haha

Evarin
Sunday, December 24th, 2017, 7:44:47 PM

replace the name Hnorl with Ugribow - rerolled because I accidentally picked RR and fuck that jazz haha

Will do.

Losus
Sunday, December 24th, 2017, 9:31:30 PM

Coming for you other rangerly folks out there!

Evarin
Tuesday, December 26th, 2017, 11:03:09 AM

New week, new update. We lost only two since the last time we checked in, the first being Sudis the Bard. He decided he rather play as a Rogue and went out in style, sacrificing himself to Arachne in homage to his very first character. Not a bad way to reroll. Flygr fills the otherwise vacant Rogue profession and is progressing nicely.

The second death was an unfortunate disconnect for Mazikean, 7th of her line, at level 16. OUCH! Not to be discouraged, 8th generation Mazakean (F2P) rose to take her fallen sibling's place and has swiftly regained lost ground. Other additions to the roster are Onquer the Dark Elf Wizard and Ugribow the Half-Krol Ranger.

The action has slowed a bit over the holidays, so that's all for now. Until next week, stay safe HARDCORE.

Aaron247
Friday, December 29th, 2017, 12:53:50 PM

The Death of Ainudraug(Elvish for Holy Wolf), Elven Paladin: Dead at Level 11 (3000 from level 12)

Inventory: You are wearing a vaalorn augmented breastplate, some heavy wolf skin handwraps, an exquisite gold ring, a brushed pewter circlet, a glacial white smooth glaes armband, a pair of white ora-buttoned breeches, a pair of white oilskin boots, a grey wolf hide cloak, a metal-linked wolf hide sporran, a steel bound lacquered swordbelt trimmed with veniom, and a polished fireleaf aegis.

Death Log: [Smuggling Tunnels, Storage] Several tall bolts of cloth lean in the corners, carefully tied about the middle. The crimsons and azures have long since faded into ruin, and the dust makes them unrecoverable, but they do serve to speak of the prosperity of this smuggling operation. A stack of hides stands next to them, looking ugly beside the elegant material. You also see a wraith. Obvious exits: north, east, south, west

stance off You are now in an offensive stance.

kill wr You swing an enruned white ora broadsword at a wraith! With extreme effort, the wraith beats back the attack with its handaxe! Roundtime: 6 sec.

stance def The wraith moans evilly! A wraith swings a handaxe at you! With no room to spare, you block the attack with your fireleaf aegis! You are now in a defensive stance.

stance off

kil You are now in an offensive stance. You swing an enruned white ora broadsword at a wraith! AS: +154 vs DS: +90 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +48 = +142 ... and hit for 13 points of damage! Weak blow leaves a brief imprint on the wraith's chest! Roundtime: 6 sec. A giant marmot waddles in.

symbol courage You feel more courageous. A wraith draws inward for a moment!

kill wr You swing an enruned white ora broadsword at a wraith! AS: +162 vs DS: +150 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +76 = +118 ... and hit for 5 points of damage! Light blow to the neck causes even more unpleasant groans and wails. Roundtime: 6 sec. You've gained 1 mental training point. (To use these new points, click on the "skill goals" link in the quick link bar.)

stance def ...wait 1 seconds. A giant marmot waddles in. A giant marmot tries to bite you! AS: +131 vs DS: +98 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +44 = +96 A clean miss.

stance def You are now in a defensive stance. A wraith gestures at you! A wraith hurls a powerful lightning bolt at you! AS: +127 vs DS: +136 with AvD: +45 + d100 roll: +27 = +63 A clean miss.

stance off You are now in an offensive stance.

kill A giant marmot waddles in. You swing an enruned white ora broadsword at a wraith! AS: +162 vs DS: +90 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +59 = +161 ... and hit for 18 points of damage! A weak slap on the wrist. That's not going to reform a soul. Roundtime: 6 sec.

kill A giant marmot waddles in. A giant marmot waddles in. You swing an enruned white ora broadsword at a wraith! AS: +162 vs DS: +89 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +70 = +173 ... and hit for 30 points of damage! Light strike to the wraith's head. A wisp of vapor trickles earthward. Roundtime: 6 sec. A wraith swings a handaxe at you! AS: +137 vs DS: +98 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +12 = +86 A clean miss. A giant marmot claws at you! AS: +131 vs DS: +93 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +93 = +150 ... and hits for 16 points of damage! Torn muscle in your left leg! A giant marmot claws at you! AS: +131 vs DS: +90 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +84 = +144 ... and hits for 8 points of damage! Light, bruising slash to your left thigh. A giant marmot tries to bite you! AS: +131 vs DS: +88 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +33 = +95 A clean miss.

kill You swing an enruned white ora broadsword at a wraith! AS: +162 vs DS: +89 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +51 = +154 ... and hit for 18 points of damage! Glancing blow to the left arm leaves a trail of vapor in its wake. Roundtime: 6 sec. A giant marmot tries to bite you! AS: +131 vs DS: +94 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +96 = +152 ... and hits for 23 points of damage! Torn muscle in your left leg! The wraith moans evilly! A wraith swings a handaxe at you! AS: +127 vs DS: +88 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +82 = +156 ... and hits for 17 points of damage! Quick slash catches your cheek! Dimples are always nice.

kill You swing an enruned white ora broadsword at a wraith! AS: +142 vs DS: +89 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +10 = +93 A clean miss. Roundtime: 6 sec. A giant marmot tries to bite you! With no room to spare, you block the attack with your fireleaf aegis! A giant marmot cocks its head, whistling fiercely! A wraith just arrived. A giant marmot tries to bite you! With no room to spare, you block the attack with your fireleaf aegis! The wraith moans evilly! A wraith swings a handaxe at you! AS: +127 vs DS: +86 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +17 = +93 A clean miss. A giant marmot tries to bite you! AS: +131 vs DS: +86 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +92 = +156 ... and hits for 22 points of damage! Blow leaves an imprint on your chest! A giant marmot tries to bite you! AS: +131 vs DS: +84 with AvD: +19 + d100 roll: +92 = +158 ... and hits for 24 points of damage! Torn muscle in your right leg!

A wraith swings a handaxe at you! AS: +147 vs DS: +83 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +55 = +154 ... and hits for 14 points of damage! Blow raises a welt on your right arm. The subdued warmth embracing you fades along with the spiritual force surrounding your arms. You lose a bit of focus as the knowledge of future battles drifts from your mind. You feel your abilities diminish as the energy provided by your patron fades from around you. Your skin grows slightly numb for a moment as the warm glow fades from around you. The dully illuminated mantle protecting you begins to falter, then completely fades away. Your boosted confidence and fearlessness fade. You feel the extra courage wane. The light blue glow leaves you.

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 10 mins... The wraith cackles with evil glee!

Evarin
Friday, December 29th, 2017, 12:56:56 PM

Sorry to see, man. What happened that you just kept swinging while getting hit?

Aaron247
Friday, December 29th, 2017, 1:00:53 PM

Oh Also... Voln level 8...

Aaron247
Friday, December 29th, 2017, 1:25:29 PM

I had been playing in the browser... so that I could play from my work laptop... always a bad idea.

So many creatures swarmed in the room that the browser had a problem displaying all the active targets so I couldnt really see what was going on I was trying to keep the fight going while I fixed it.

So sad. He was a good one and really was going to rise far beyond Tannellen. Well Hopefully that New Pally in 1st place can take it further!

Evarin
Friday, December 29th, 2017, 1:27:25 PM

@aaron247 said in Gemstone PRIME HARDCORE Official Thread:

I had been playing in the browser... so that I could play from my work laptop... always a bad idea.

So many creatures swarmed in the room that the browser had a problem displaying all the active targets so I couldnt really see what was going on I was trying to keep the fight going while I fixed it.

So sad. He was a good one and really was going to rise far beyond Tannellen. Well Hopefully that New Pally in 1st place can take it further!

That makes sense. I plan on trying to play in a similar manner soon and expect the same results.

The first HARDCORE season starts up on the 1st if you're looking for a good time for a fresh start.

Aaron247
Friday, December 29th, 2017, 1:28:09 PM

That swordbelt was amazing, BTW...

I found it in the Pawnshop in Ta'Illistim. Pretty much weighless and can hold at least 5 broadswords (around 25 lbs)

So many plans... and good things going... and now its all over.

Yeah... expect another Round of my failed Elven Palladins...

Losus
Friday, December 29th, 2017, 2:55:07 PM

Here's to another around!'

Alenix
Saturday, December 30th, 2017, 2:23:18 PM

Just a quick status update. Khanne is back at it after a small break. Made level 7 today. Toughest critter is still a hobgoblin shaman. Shout out to UAC +Celerity for early game speed hunting! Time to play major catch up.

God
Saturday, December 30th, 2017, 7:35:58 PM

That Elf Wolf pally death was completely avoidable. It's amazing how forgiving the Paladin class is.

Losus
Sunday, December 31st, 2017, 8:51:08 AM

Ugribow struck down by a freaking snow specter at the ripe level of 8.

Queue Atolk the monk

Evarin
Sunday, December 31st, 2017, 9:49:47 AM

Ugribow struck down by a freaking snow specter at the ripe level of 8.

Queue Atolk the monk

Sorry to hear. Mazakean just died as well. Tough morning for HARDCORE.

Losus
Sunday, December 31st, 2017, 12:56:50 PM

Damn! Well retiring atolk and going with what I know best - going to roll a warmage later today in Atolks place

Losus
Sunday, December 31st, 2017, 2:13:35 PM

queue mountainfists the elven UAC warmage

Losus
Sunday, December 31st, 2017, 8:16:59 PM

NOT MY DAY. Go2 took me up a tree to get back to town...and I fell and died...from a fucking tree

Roblar
Sunday, December 31st, 2017, 9:47:49 PM

Ouch. What tree?

Losus
Sunday, December 31st, 2017, 10:48:51 PM

Some oak tree in the Glaise Gnoc. Apparently go2 was trying to run through it on 2 of my guys and they both died tonight (is 3 HC dead in one day the record?)

God
Monday, January 1st, 2018, 1:06:07 PM

Evarin was wondering how difficult it would be to drum up some ASCII Tombstones for fallen hardcorers with dates created and death and from what.

__.....__
         .'                    ':,
       /   __  _  __     \\
       |   |_)) || |_))     ||
       |   | \\ || |            ||
       |     Losus            ||   _,
       |  11/17~12/29   ||.-(_{}
       |Death by tree   |/    `
       |       Lulz   ,_ (\;|/)
     \\|               {}_)-,||`
     \\;/,,;;;;;;;,\\|//,
    .;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,
   \,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,//
  \\;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,//
 ,\';;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Evarin
Monday, January 1st, 2018, 1:09:35 PM

Looks kinda right. Nice.

Losus
Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018, 6:44:22 AM

@God

Fucker god me twice too! The question now is if I can seamlessly add that to my signature line

Losus
Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018, 6:44:38 AM

Got and god womp womp

Evarin
Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018, 7:32:03 AM

This week saw the passing of a fairly experienced character in the death of Ainudraug the Elven Paladin, who died at level 11 to a pack of Wraiths. Ugribow the Half-Krol Ranger was felled by a Snow Spectre, and hilariously enough, newcomer Mountainfists was killed by falling out of a tree. That's a first, and a good laugh was had by all.

No entry would be complete without a death in the Maza clan, and this week is no exception. Mazakean lost her life at the hands of a Bone Golem at level 13, but was quickly replaced by Mazakeene, 9th of her line. Other newcomers include Kabah, a Human Bard moving up the ranks, Trostam the Paladin, Nishe the Elf Wizard, and Ainumorco the Elf Paladin.

Both Ainumorco and Mazakeene are entrants into the first HARDCORE seasonal competition which runs until the 31st. There's plenty of time to enter and plenty of silver to be made, so sign up if you have the itch.

Until next time.

Losus
Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018, 10:57:23 AM

I actually had another character get killed by that same stupid tree thanks to go2 so I lost 3 HC characters in one day.

Evarin
Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018, 10:58:31 AM

I actually had another character get killed by that same stupid tree thanks to go2 so I lost 3 HC characters in one day.

Happened so fast I didn't even get the name up on the roster.

Losus
Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018, 11:41:02 AM

ershalan and had just gotten level 3 but I am okay with them not being remembered. Two toons one tree :(

Kaldonis
Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018, 2:50:10 PM

Stinkets summons, well not a singing sword but...

You begin singing and focus your voice into a vortex of air shaped like a sonic trident, centered on your left hand.

Losus
Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018, 3:00:07 PM

@Kaldonis

Grats

Losus
Friday, January 5th, 2018, 6:05:41 AM

@Evarin

Closing my main account, haven't been playing enough so I am going to roll a F2P and save some money so for now Nishe is retired but never died.

I'll have my F2P guy soon

Evarin
Friday, January 5th, 2018, 6:53:53 AM

@Evarin

Closing my main account, haven't been playing enough so I am going to roll a F2P and save some money so for now Nishe is retired but never died.

I'll have my F2P guy soon

Thanks for letting me know. I'll set him to [I] for inactive. You'll be able to compete against Maza in the Season, so that'll be nice.

If you collected any junk items, be sure to submit them as Nishe for your shot to win before you close up shop. Deadline is 11:59 PM tomorrow EST.

Losus
Friday, January 5th, 2018, 8:55:34 AM

I had no junk on Nishe.

However F2P Cleric Owsom (#awesome) will be moving to TV from WL once I get to level 1!

Evarin
Friday, January 5th, 2018, 10:19:37 AM

Nice. I'll add him to the wiki. Race?

Losus
Friday, January 5th, 2018, 1:55:31 PM

elf

MCPeePants
Saturday, January 6th, 2018, 9:54:05 PM

Is this where we post junk stuff?

In the sea green cloak you see a corroded plate, a rusty plate, a smooth stone, a dented fork, a table leg, a shiny horseshoe, a bent anklet, a dented anklet, a moldy bone, a shiny ring, a frosted blueberry cookie, a polished coin, an iced blueberry muffin and a moldy raisin cupcake.

Evarin
Monday, January 8th, 2018, 1:07:06 PM

The list of Fallen Heroes grew by just two names this week. Obingo, a newcomer to the contest, was felled by a Dark Panther while making the sojourn to Zul Logoth. GoS claims yet another victim. The other death was that of Kabah the Human Rogue, cut down at level 10 by a Large Ogre after missing not one but two ambush attempts. He will be missed, as he lead the current crop of Rogues for some time and set both the lock and trap records.

Not to be deterred, Rikame the Dark Elf Rogue has come to avenge Obingo, and Dredpok the Elven Paladin will proceed Kabah. Long may they live (however unlikely.) Also entering the competition is Owsom the free-to-play Elf Cleric, who will be giving our veteran F2P character some company. Eddo the Halfling Monk rounds out the group, bringing some much needed new blood into the profession.

That's all for this week, HARDCORE.

Losus
Saturday, January 13th, 2018, 11:27:28 AM

@Evarin

Enter Durie the DE wizard (town unknown and lvl 0)

Evarin
Tuesday, January 16th, 2018, 10:51:14 AM

The following rule changes have been made:

REMOVED: ~~In addition, it is permitted to drag your hunting partner to safety, or to execute them if there is risk of your partner(s) dying in battle (Deaths from CvC do not count towards elimination).~~

ADDED: PvP deaths in HARDCORE typically do not eliminate a competitor assuming the act was not done in an effort to avoid death via standard game mechanics. Player deaths that DO NOT cause elimination include CvC (in-character conflicts), deaths via fumbled traps (HARDCORE locksmith deaths are considered a legitimate elimination), and accidental non-HARDCORE player deaths in town or afield. Examples include getting caught in someone’s Major E-wave or Nature’s Fury while traveling. Death at the hands of your HARDCORE hunting partner(s) is considered a legitimate elimination, accidental or otherwise.

Summary: Due to competitor feedback, rules regarding PvP deaths have been amended to disallow killing a fellow competitor to aid him in avoiding elimination. The rules regarding PvP have also been clarified.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, this is the place to voice them.

Evarin
Tuesday, January 16th, 2018, 11:40:17 AM

It wouldn't be a new week in HARDCORE without an update on the Maza clan. For this entry, we have the unfortunate exit of Mazakeene, felled by a Gas Cloud in the field. She reached the ripe old age of level 15 and will be missed. Here's hoping a fresh face from the family arrives soon to take her place. Other exits and entries include the late Snaze, who bled out in town square in a rookie move. Hopefully his son Snorf the Burghal Gnome Wizard will be more mindful of his injuries. For the last in and out we have Chauvech the Rogue replacing Chauvich the Rogue who perished in a controversial exit that prompted a rexamining of the rules. Rounding out the list new competitors are Durie the Dark Elf Wizard, and Bruzz & Yimo the Burghal Gnomes, Monk and Sorcerer respectively.

That'll do it for this week. Stick and move, HARDCORE!

Evarin
Friday, January 19th, 2018, 8:37:32 PM

As mentioned in-game, there is to be an ongoing vote to determine whether or not characters should be deleted upon death. As it stands currently, if you do not delete your HARDCORE character and continue to play it, your new characters will not be eligible to join the HARDCORE competition.

If you would prefer to KEEP the rules the same, please say so. If you would like to CHANGE the rules, please state that instead. Feel free to state how you think they should be changed, but remember to either vote to KEEP or CHANGE the rules.

I'll track votes until 11:59 PM EST this Sunday.

To have your vote counted, please vote in the HARDCORE Discord channel. Otherwise, it may not be properly tracked.

If you need help accessing the Discord, let me know and we'll figure it out.

Losus
Saturday, January 20th, 2018, 7:45:33 PM

@Evarin

Because I love being super difficult =( I am retiring Durie didn't die just changing my focus.

Enter Eroland the Giantkin Empath lvl 0 travelling via token to WL!

Revial
Saturday, January 20th, 2018, 10:39:12 PM

@Evarin

Because I love being super difficult =( I am retiring Durie didn't die just changing my focus.

Is that a random name?

Losus
Sunday, January 21st, 2018, 6:58:34 AM

No, why?

Evarin
Sunday, January 21st, 2018, 11:33:17 AM

@Evarin

I have you all straightened out.

Losus
Sunday, January 21st, 2018, 12:32:53 PM

@Evarin

Thank you for being awesome!!

Evarin
Sunday, January 21st, 2018, 12:38:30 PM

@Evarin

Thank you for being awesome!!

alt text

Evarin
Monday, January 22nd, 2018, 1:22:20 PM

This week has been a fairly tumultuous one for HARDCORE, but not for the usual reasons. A vote was held to decide whether or not the rule regarding disqualification for failing to delete a fallen character should be changed. The results of the vote are in, 10 votes to keep the rules as they stand now, and 4 votes to change them. As such, the rule will stand that you must delete/reroll your HARDCORE character should they die during competition if you wish to enter a new one. Failure to do so will result in any future characters not being recognized as HARDCORE.

However, allowences have been made so that characters wishing to exempt their characters from deletion prior to dying can instead choose to RETIRE said character. Retirement removes the character from the competition, but leaves the player free to enter a new character in their stead. To be clear, the decision to retire a HARDCORE character must be made BEFORE their death, and is irreversible. The wiki will be updated with guidance on this issue before the end of the day. Speaking of retirement, Yimo, Chauvech, and Durie have all decided to hang up their hats and exit from the competition while still among the living. We wish them luck and much carefree hunting in the days to come.

Also exiting the competition in the usual way were Dredpok, the level 7 Dwarven Paladin via a Greater Orc's Broadsword. A pair of Burghal Gnomes Wizards also met their end. Scurf was eaten by a Werebear and Ratsil chopped down by a Wood Wight. It's been a rough few weeks for the Gnomes of late, but they're a determined bunch as Rattas the Burghal Gnome Wizard takes up his brother's (figurative) runestaff to tread on in his place. Also joining the ranks is Sindaras the Sylvankind Paladin and Eroland the Giantkin Empath. Finally, another of the Maza clan has risen to join the HARDCORE, going by the name of Maazikeen the 11th of her line. The Dark Elf Wizard is F2P as always and is tearing up the charts as we speak.

That'll do it for this week's roster update. Until next time, HARDCORE.

Evarin
Monday, January 22nd, 2018, 2:06:33 PM

The wiki has been updated with the new retirement rules: * All HARDCORE competitors who have not yet been eliminated from the competition have the option to retire their character. Retirement allows the character to exit the competition, enabling the player to enter new competitors to the competition without having to delete their previous one. Retirement must be announced PRIOR to the HARDCORE character's elimination, and is irreversible. Leaderboard positions earned by the retired character shall remain in place as if they had been eliminated and any prizes won up to that point are theirs to keep.

Evarin
Wednesday, January 24th, 2018, 10:43:40 AM

The wiki has had a few updates:

The first is purely cosmetic and involves reorganizing the leaderboards for the sake of clarity. Let me know if you spot any errors or inconsistencies.

The 2nd is the creation of the collapsible category, "HARDCORE - Inactive Adventurers". This category contains characters who have not been seen in the lands for at least 1 month's time. These characters are all still registered in the competition and nothing other than their listing on the Wiki has changed. If they are spotted in game they will be moved back onto the active roster. This change was made simply to make my life easier when parsing information on the wiki. If you feel you've been put on this list incorrectly, or ANY information is incomplete or incorrect, please let me know via the forums, Discord, or in game via Sulikfor on Lnet.

Losus
Friday, January 26th, 2018, 3:24:21 PM

Cave Gnoll Iced out Eroland today -- standby for round 10

Losus
Friday, January 26th, 2018, 3:26:21 PM

Roleric...but what to be...

Losus
Friday, January 26th, 2018, 3:35:00 PM

Roleric - Forest Gnome - Monk - Landing - death details to follow shortly lmao

Doug
Friday, January 26th, 2018, 4:41:35 PM

@losus Yes! A monk!

Evarin
Friday, January 26th, 2018, 5:57:59 PM

Sounds good, Losus.

Evarin
Monday, January 29th, 2018, 3:45:16 PM

HARDCORE lost a true competitor in Kachon this week, brought down by a Nedum Vereri in the Temple of Love. He was caught unawares while foraging herbs for a bounty task and was unable to resist the sexy undead's spells. Here's hoping his successor Lachon the Elven Bard avoids a similar fate. Also losing his life this past week was Eroland the Giantkin Empath, who was cut down by Cave Gnolls. In our final ins and outs of the week we have added Ruleric the Human Ranger to the ranks. Wish him well.

That's it for this week. Until next time.

Evarin
Tuesday, February 6th, 2018, 8:25:21 AM

Sixteen is a cursed number for the Maazi clan. This curse afflicted poor Maazikeen this week as she was brought down by a Forest Troll. 16 is the highest level the clan has ever reached, just as it was for Mazikean before her. I pray that this curse is broken with the rise of the next generation of the Mazi clan who makes their debute next week. Also losing their life was poor Ruleric, who got licked by a Leaper at level 5. Joining the ranks for the week are Frazler the Human Ranger, off to a strong start and already level 10, the Dwarven Sorcerer Egard (F2P), and Kros the Burghal Gnome Monk.

The January Seasonal Competition has drawn to a close. HARDCORE had 18 competitors that month, with Maazikeen and Mazakeene taking the top overall and F2P spots at levels 16 and 15 respectively. Rattas placed 2nd at level 15 (now 16) and Owsom took second in F2P with a level 5 showing. Owsom decided to donate his winnings to The Imperiled Few's coffers, which was a generous and most appreciated offer. February's Seasonal competition is in full swing, so jump on in and be automatically enrolled for a chance at Fortune and Glory.