Official: Ebon Gate Questline Status

Evarin
Wednesday, October 25th, 2017, 8:38:53 AM

Quote from GM Haliste via Discord:

The main quest is finished. The "finale" will likely happen this weekend.

Evarin
Sunday, October 29th, 2017, 9:35:25 AM

Quote from GM Haliste on Oct 28:

The quest reward item is not yet available.

I plan to kick off the finale either tonight or tomorrow night. I haven't decided! Obviously, I would like for lots to be around. It does not matter where you are when this kicks off - everyone on Caligos Isle will experience it, but it may be different in one location versus another.

In addition, the item's benefit will not kick in until after Ebon Gate has ended.

~ Haliste ~ The Forest Gnome of Silverwood Manor SGM, Events

Evarin
Monday, October 30th, 2017, 11:42:03 AM

Quote from GM Haliste on Discord:

Quest item is a progressive item for the next 4 years. At its base, it is a zested item (which will also increase in verb traps); If you have the max 1000 favor, then you have access to a POINT ability which (currently) is -5DS/-3TD, 3x/day. That will increase both in strength and usage. If you are a convert (and at max favor) you also have the COVER ability which is a fear resistance boost. That will increase both in strength and usage, as well.

You can PROD the item to change the item type (bracelet, ring, anklet, and... I forget if pendant is in there or not.)

There will be an opportunity to "catch up" at EG18. (and at subsequent years)

It won't happen before EG18 though. It will always be more beneficial to do it when it's first available, rather than catching up on the back end.

God
Monday, October 30th, 2017, 2:49:59 PM

@evarin

I wish the mechanical parts were removed and change the item into a RP oriented one that has a unique player2player storyline use between the future EGs. I want something to look forward to dang namit!

Mogonis
Monday, October 30th, 2017, 2:57:19 PM

@god said in Official: Ebon Gate Questline Status:

@evarin

I wish the mechanical parts were removed and change the item into a RP oriented one that has a unique player2player storyline use between the future EGs. I want something to look forward to dang namit!

It doesn't matter whether or not you're macgyver, because you act like macgyver just the same.

God
Monday, October 30th, 2017, 3:39:58 PM

@mogonis

Who ismacgyver and why am I being compared to him? Is he an RP nutter as well?

Ponclast
Monday, October 30th, 2017, 5:36:15 PM

@evarin

You done effed up son. Nobody else uses the term "player2player" except for, you guessed it, Macgyver. Here are the only two usages of that term on the "other board", and they are both from your troll accounts:

https://www.google.com/search?q=player2player+site%3Agsplayers.com

Mogonis
Monday, October 30th, 2017, 5:42:08 PM

Oh snap.

God
Monday, October 30th, 2017, 6:10:33 PM

@ponclast

So this Macguyver is apparently a troll on the PC and uses the term "player2player" and since I use the term as well I'm this Macguyver person? Uh, circumstantial much?

Try doing a google search of "player2player" exactly, that's right you get over 200,000 results.

Mogonis, I really don't understand why you had a beef with me advocating a buff of the quest item, I wasn't the only one. And apparently, Haliste did buff it a bit. I feel for your losses, but the event isn't over yet and there's still a ton of jackpots out there. Good luck and have fun!

Mogonis
Monday, October 30th, 2017, 6:13:34 PM

@ponclast

Mogonis, I really don't understand why you had a beef with me advocating a buff of the quest item, I wasn't the only one. And apparently, Haliste did buff it a bit. I feel for your losses, but the event isn't over yet and there's still a ton of jackpots out there. Good luck and have fun!

What are you talking about? My losses? You didn't advocate the quest item. You called it useless.

God
Monday, October 30th, 2017, 9:47:45 PM

@mogonis Get some sleep bud. Seriously, you seem like you need it, the event will still run tomorrow. :)

Mogonis
Monday, October 30th, 2017, 9:52:45 PM

I ask you to clarify what you said, and you just tell me to go sleep. Right on, man.

Haliste
Tuesday, October 31st, 2017, 7:42:11 AM

apparently, Haliste did buff it a bit

Just to clarify here so that there's no confusion, I never buffed the item. I added the ability for players to change the worn location, but the mechanical benefits now are the same as they were when the item was originally created.

God
Tuesday, October 31st, 2017, 8:03:30 AM

@haliste

Fair enough. Quick question though, why the massive disparity in power between last year's Quest item and this year? Even at the start Heroism or Cloak of Shadows x3 times a day (ultimately x5) at 1 hour a piece is enormous versus -3 TD on one creature x3 a day.. which feels very token.

Will there be more unique unlocks in the coming EG's for the item, you know, more than just a straight up -3 TD or an extra x1 per day? I would gladly pay $50+ in simucoins just for more selection on the unlocks alone (on top of entry fees into the games portion of EG).

Candor
Tuesday, October 31st, 2017, 9:44:26 AM

uh...how do I get my quest item? I had the max 1000 favor.

Riend
Tuesday, October 31st, 2017, 10:42:12 AM

@candor Go to the altar in the temple with 250k, look in the chest! 26556 is the room number I believe.

Mogonis
Tuesday, October 31st, 2017, 10:51:27 AM

Hey, it's only 250k! What kind of scam are you running here?

Riend
Tuesday, October 31st, 2017, 10:53:26 AM

Oh lawdy, I told you I hadn't had my coffee yet! Fixt!

Haliste
Tuesday, October 31st, 2017, 1:30:04 PM

Will there be more unique unlocks in the coming EG’s

That's the plan, but since we're just now ending EG17, I have no plans to discuss it further at this time. A lot can happen in 11 months.

Alastir
Tuesday, October 31st, 2017, 4:20:27 PM

I love that your icon is a venti pony. Much lol.

Candor
Tuesday, October 31st, 2017, 4:44:30 PM

@riend Thanks Riend, got it :)