Master Fisherman Beldannon's guide to fishing

beldannon5
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 11:05:54 PM

To start off you will need a rod, some bait/lure, and a weight. It is also good to have a spool of line. For when your line breaks! Lines vary in strength. The better the strength the less chance your line breaks.

Actual fishing isn’t too tough. If you are in a fishing area you either Raise, push, or wave your rod. Raise goes the furthest, wave the middle, and push the shortest right off the edge. Everyone 3-5 minutes while your line is in the water you should pull your rod (pull my rod) that will bring in the line some. Eventually you will pull the line all the way in or catch a fish. If you get a fish on, first thing you do is pull your rod once. When you pull your rod you will be not be able to do anything for about 5-10 seconds. I wait for about 8 secnods after that and pull my rod again, rinse repeat and you should bring your fish up. If your line does snap, and it will. You put your rod away. Get your spool of line. Pull line then put the spool back in your container and get your rod. Put line on rod. If you break your line you will need new bait/lure and weight. You don’t have to have a weight for a lure. Once you have put your line bait and weight on you can just go back to fishing again. When you pull a fish in at least for Ebon gate you will want to have a knife/dagger. Doesn’t have to be a special one. You cut your fish (whatever it is) there will be a fire there if you want to cook your fish.

Haliste
Friday, October 6th, 2017, 7:32:40 AM

To note, there is no place within the fishing area to purchase materials, so make sure you have plenty before you go in! If you leave the area before you've caught a fish, there is no way to go back in.

Not all fish have filets -- do you really want to eat a blobfish?

Reminder that quest items do not drop in fishing.

Have fun!

LivderaDeralleur
Friday, October 6th, 2017, 8:36:59 AM

Is the room number posted as to where the fishing entrance is? I keep forgetting it and not sure I've stumbled across it yet. I noticed the shack selling fishing gear on the dock.

Haliste
Friday, October 6th, 2017, 9:51:49 AM

I don't know your room numbers, but it's inside the sea caverns near an abandoned pier.

God
Friday, October 6th, 2017, 10:15:18 AM

Watch out Beld!!

alt text

beldannon5
Friday, October 6th, 2017, 10:16:15 AM

:)

Haliste
Friday, October 6th, 2017, 3:40:18 PM

That's awesome. I may need to go code something new.

Riend
Friday, October 6th, 2017, 5:28:39 PM

@haliste Only if we can take them home as pets, please!

naraz
Saturday, October 7th, 2017, 6:17:06 PM

Those with game found poles have yet to lose a fish and those of us with store bought poles can't land one.

I think beld is 12/12 and stormy is 4/4. I'm 2 for 9 and that feels better than what others are doing with the same gear.

I made around 6k in shells from diving and I've sat on 25 shells for 3 hours trying to land a fish. Is this intentional?