The Playershop Project (UNOFFICIAL)

Evarin
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017, 11:03:42 PM

NOTE: This is an unofficial player-driven project and is NOT an official announcement. If desired, skip to the bottom of the post for the TL:DR summary.

I am pleased to announce the completion of the Playershop Project!

The culmination of many weeks of effort, the Playershop Project is the automation of the inventory database of all 9 shopping districts across Elanthia. Shop listings will be updated roughly once per hour in every town on a perpetual basis. Thanks to the use of Tillmen's Update-playershops script, these databases will be able to be queried using both the Playershops 4.0 and Virilneus's websites:

https://ps.lichproject.org/ http://www.virilneus.com/shops/

Each town (aside from FWI) will be staffed by a level 16 Free-to-Play Wizard who will remain invisible so as not to appear unresponsive to the general populace or spam the shopping district with unneeded screen scroll. Further, the Wizards are all proficient in Arcane Symbols, so feel free to sell your scrolls without worry of the databases being unable to list their spells (The exception being those pesky Fash'lo'nae's Gift scrolls, sorry!). F2P accounts were used in order to ensure that Playershop inventories remain updated even should I decide to stop actively playing and cancel my accounts. Arrangements have been made so that in the event I am unwilling/unable to keep the Wizards running, others can operate them in my stead.

I first and foremost would like to thank Ondreian's player for writing the script (;shopkeeper) used to keep the Wizards up and running, along with generally being an awesome resource for script related questions. I'd also like to thank both Teclys and Zaximus for each providing me with a few of the Wizards at a reasonable cost. Their Wizards allowed me to hit the ground running and keep the primary shopping districts updated while the rest of the bunch were brought to the proper level.

Get out there and start shopping, people!

TL:DR - All playershop inventories will be updated 24-7 via the Lich and Virilneus's websites from now on barring disconnects and what not.

Alastir
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017, 11:11:43 PM

Very nice

Tenser
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 12:51:56 AM

Yes, this is great. Impressive work.

Maetriks
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 7:07:30 AM

Very nice. I love it.

Eva
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 10:03:02 AM

Thank you for expending the effort and time involved in this. <3

OldSkool
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 6:02:07 PM

This is amazing. Thank you. Let me know if you're accepting donations for your efforts.

Evarin
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 6:44:54 PM

@oldskool said in The Playershop Project (UNOFFICIAL):

This is amazing. Thank you. Let me know if you're accepting donations for your efforts.

Offer is appreciated. All money involved has already been spent, so at this point it's just about minimal upkeep.

Naamit
Sunday, October 8th, 2017, 1:42:02 PM

Hi, I think there might be an issue with purchased items not being removed from the shop inventory lists upon refresh. For example, Faraighn's Magic Shoppe on lichproject.org says it has "some fine sanguine flakes" for sale and that its inventory was updated 10 mins prior to me having searched for them. But I purchased them all last night and validated again just now that there aren't any more in the shop.

l on shel On the wooden shelf you see a deep blue potion, a tincture of yabathilium, a lesser mana regeneration potion, a luminous ruddy potion, a scintillating lilac potion, a greater mana potion, a swirling grey potion, some milky blue oil and a dimly glowing sky-blue potion.

Evarin
Sunday, October 8th, 2017, 5:30:11 PM

Are you sure you bought all of them? Some items can be stacked within a shop if they are duplicates. Also, it is possible but unlikely that he restocked the item after your purchase.

Naamit
Sunday, October 8th, 2017, 6:05:40 PM

Positive. The likelihood of someone buying them all within 10 minutes of the update & me me visiting again (I wanted to buy more) is pretty slim. We'll see if they are still there again in tomorrow's update. I also bought all the ones in River's Rest this morning - We'll see if they show up again there, too.

Evarin
Sunday, October 8th, 2017, 6:08:56 PM

What my F2P characters are doing is running the update-playershop script 24-7, with 1 minute pauses in between each run. If for some reason the script is faulty, the problem would be with Tillmen's script or the website. I'd suggest reaching out to him on Discord and see what he has to say. I'm working to update the script via the help of someone on Discord myself, but I don't know if it will address this problem.

Naamit
Sunday, October 8th, 2017, 6:10:55 PM

Well phooey. It must be the script then. Both PS and Virilneus websites show the flakes in RR and IMT shops still.

Evarin
Sunday, October 8th, 2017, 6:12:11 PM

That is odd. I am throwing a LOT of updates at the shops. It may be too much and the website is saying it's getting them, but the database it is pulling from is getting too backed up. It's all speculation without Tillmen taking a look, but it's good to have this type of feedback so we can iron out the kinks.

Evarin
Sunday, October 8th, 2017, 6:32:34 PM

Tillmen is on it.

Naamit
Sunday, October 8th, 2017, 6:50:06 PM

Thanks to you both!

Evarin
Monday, October 9th, 2017, 9:58:39 AM

Pausing the update process until some modifications can be made to the script.

ondreian
Monday, October 9th, 2017, 11:25:15 AM

I'll fix and republish tonight.

I'm also going to move shopkeeper to the new community authorship repo so it's not locked down to just me publishing updates. It's auto deployed to the repo on merges to master, one of the eof admins just has to approve the changes.

repo

Evarin
Monday, October 9th, 2017, 12:45:25 PM

Ok. Nothing to lose if someone tries to sabotage other than if they re-rolled him or something.

Evarin
Tuesday, October 10th, 2017, 8:55:14 AM

The Wizards are back up and running with a 1 hour pause in between uploads. We'll see how Tillmen's website handles the strain, but for now everything looks good. Please post here if you happen to see one of my Wizards at work (they should be invisible) or if anything else is amiss. I can't promise 100% uptime due to game/computer outages, but if shops haven't been updated in 12+ hours, feel free to give me a nudge and we'll get things going again.

Evarin
Wednesday, October 11th, 2017, 10:57:20 PM

Website is down again, PLEASE STANDBY.

Evarin
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 1:47:47 PM

Database updates will be spotty for a bit as I attempt to upgrade my internet.