Warrior Sheaths

Maetriks
Wednesday, September 27th, 2017, 10:36:29 PM

Sheath making is now available amongst my list of services provided. Most skins can be provided up to level 60, though rates will be discounted if they are given to me. Certain gems can be requested, but if I do not have them in my inventory, you will need to provide them. You can view a list of approved dyes on the GSWiki page, or you request a custom dye that is not listed, through it will increase turnaround time for delivery.

Pricing will start at 50k (base service, no dyes/adornments, you provide skins) and go up based on requested features.

As an addendum:

• If I provide the skins, the surcharge will be 3x the maximum appraised value of the skin. This is for the main harness and fringe, if requested. If leather or lacquer cures are requested, I will use the lowest level creature skin type available as creature type is not preserved in the process.

• If I provide the gems, there will be a surcharge of 3x the maximum appraised value of each gem. This is on top of the required 50 silver per gem for the settings.

If interested, please fill out my Sheath Making Request Form.

Maetriks
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 1:55:08 PM

Added addition information.

God
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 2:38:15 PM

I wonder whata infernal lich skinned sheath will look like? Anyone got one?

Maetriks
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 3:02:05 PM

@god said in Warrior Sheaths:

I wonder whata infernal lich skinned sheath will look like? Anyone got one?

... Can those even be skinned?

Roblar
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 3:11:15 PM

Yup, you get lich finger bones

Not sure about if they can be added to warriors sheaths though, never tried

archigeek
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 3:30:27 PM

You can decorate a sheath with them, but not make a sheath with them. Rest in peace Beetkins. Rest in peace.

(The Beetkins quiver is decorated with lich finger bones as "finger bones")

Maetriks
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 3:35:16 PM

So there you have it... no lich skins, but certainly lich finger bones.

Was Beetkins the halfling that got scalped regularly for the sole purpose of making a halfling scalp sheath?

archigeek
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 3:38:08 PM

@maetriks said in Warrior Sheaths:

Was Beetkins the halfling that got scalped regularly for the sole purpose of making a halfling scalp sheath?

He was. Some say he still lives.

Maetriks
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 3:57:38 PM

@archigeek said in Warrior Sheaths:

@maetriks said in Warrior Sheaths:

He was. Some say he still lives.

Did they curtail the playable race scalp being able to be used for these?

archigeek
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 4:16:56 PM

I'm not sure. I think it's possible (there was a recent policy change that addressed it) but it's a matter of opportunity more than anything. To make a nice big sheath, you need 50 scalps. It's freakin' hard to get 50 scalps. To avoid interference, Beetkins died about 60-70 times (can't get a scalp every time) between 2 and 5 am. The whole process took a couple of very late nights. To do it today, you'd have to go down to RR, where it wouldn't be nearly as easy to get there and get scalped and rinse and repeat as it was when the Krol were docked in WL. It could be done, it would just be difficult, and I'm unsure of the policy implications these days.

For sure it's a special order kind of thing, but I just did it as a favor to Droit. It was one of those late night "hey, what if..." things.

Ordim
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 4:25:48 PM

It's allowed but left to the merchants RP discretion. You do have to actually HAVE the scalp(s) though.

Maetriks
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 4:30:44 PM

@ordim We're not talking about alterations.

Maetriks
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 4:32:17 PM

@archigeek said in Warrior Sheaths:

I'm not sure. I think it's possible (there was a recent policy change that addressed it) but it's a matter of opportunity more than anything. To make a nice big sheath, you need 50 scalps. It's freakin' hard to get 50 scalps. To avoid interference, Beetkins died about 60-70 times (can't get a scalp every time) between 2 and 5 am. The whole process took a couple of very late nights. To do it today, you'd have to go down to RR, where it wouldn't be nearly as easy to get there and get scalped and rinse and repeat as it was when the Krol were docked in WL. It could be done, it would just be difficult, and I'm unsure of the policy implications these days.

For sure it's a special order kind of thing, but I just did it as a favor to Droit. It was one of those late night "hey, what if..." things.

Honestly, I'd do it for the right price. If it's still plausible... it's worth a shot to see. Do you recall which Krol tended to scalp. I don't think all of them do.

archigeek
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 8:41:14 PM

They were a reskin of at the WL event, so I don't know.

Maetriks
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 9:01:41 PM

Yeah, it's been a while since I hunted in RR... I'll be going to check soon enough, I guess.

Ordim
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 9:38:54 PM

https://gswiki.play.net/Krolvin_warrior I guess it depends on if they removed the scalps from being droppable items?

Ponclast
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 9:46:42 PM

I can't wait for a plague of F2P character deaths to hit RR, followed by a hilariously-worded announcement from a GM that somehow declares the practice out-of-policy.

Ordim
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 10:03:36 PM

I thought this whole topic came up recently and it turned out the Krovlins don't REALLY scalp anyone anymore. They just give extra rank headwounds to dead bodies or something. Hopefully that isn't the case.

Maetriks
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 10:12:42 PM

Well, I'm willing to give it the ole college try.... Of course..., these skins would have to come at a premium. You really want that elf scalp sheath... you're going to pay me... a lot.

God
Saturday, September 30th, 2017, 2:38:47 PM

Oh I would pay in the 10's of millions if you can get a hold of a human skin sheath. But I'm skeptical that they're going to allow this.