Ranged Cleric - 3,2,1 Go

Losus
Monday, September 25th, 2017, 6:51:28 PM

Decided it might be fun to do a ranged cleric who follows the huntress. Got all those sanct arrows in TV to use and later on will do blessing with master fletched arrows. If anyone is curious about this path and progress I will make posts every 5 levels after level 10 to everyone know my thoughts, see my training path etc.

One Caveat - I have a pocket wizard...so results may skew a little thanks to buffs keeping me safe

0zymandius
Tuesday, September 26th, 2017, 11:10:11 AM

The one thing that kept me from going this path is that I've tried a couple times with both wizard and bard to make a non-standard (rogue/ranger/warrior) archer, and the ability to only single train in Ranged just made me crazy. My AS was never high enough to 'do' it correctly, it felt like.

That said, I've seen plenty of people who swear by archer warmages (Hi Whirlin!), and bards are theoretically pretty awesome at it, too. I just never had much luck.

All of which is to say 'Yes, I'd be interested to see how this progresses, thanks!'

BriarFox
Tuesday, September 26th, 2017, 11:38:40 AM

Should be all right for awhile with the AS buffs from 211, 215, and 307, plus society abilities. Might want to do Voln so you get the extra AS against undead, but non-corp undead do suck for ranged. Keep us posted.

Tuesday, September 26th, 2017, 11:48:39 AM

It will last until your 40s, probably... at which point TDs begin to normalize, and CS attacks really start to take over as a incredibly effective, viable attack form. It'll help you out with minimal mana on the short term. But a long term strategy? Nah.

Also, dunno about what arrows you picked up, but you need magical blessed to hit critters in Reim, if that was a consideration.

Ashraam VanEyre
Tuesday, September 26th, 2017, 1:54:03 PM

Just make sure you have enough spell ranks to ward successfully, so you can use 301 on undead and another disable (118 maybe) on the living in order to keep your AS viable. Also, you could consider a mechanical crossbow. The attack speed is 1-2 seconds slower than a bow (properly trained), but you can abuse the +30 AS from kneeling as a cleric with 319.

Losus
Tuesday, September 26th, 2017, 2:56:14 PM

I was going to master fletch for Reim and yes I had planned on Voln for sure. Pretty excited about it. I'll drop a note once I hit 10 but so far gravy train! The non corp thing will be annoying but manageable. the poor ghouls!!

Tuesday, September 26th, 2017, 3:00:35 PM

I lost about 200 arrows running Reim when I used arrows exclusively... just be prepared!

Losus
Tuesday, September 26th, 2017, 4:33:05 PM

If I do Reim I will more than likely be using the arrows as a supplement especially after how quickly my wizard went through arrows during DR. But that is good to know how tough attrition is for arrows there so I appreciate that =)