Transitioning down from Premium to Prime

Losus
Sunday, September 17th, 2017, 2:07:25 PM

So I am not making as much use out of Premium as I could be and for me it would be more beneficial to have two Prime accounts open (wizard on one and rogue on the other). I am curious if anyone has bumped themselves from premium to prime after being on premium for a small period of time (half a year). Any prep I should take? I know I am going to lose all my locker spaces but just curious if anyone has any advice for dealing with the transition?

Mogonis
Sunday, September 17th, 2017, 2:20:15 PM

Not sure there's anything to physically do other than clearing lockers and your FWI bank account. You can locker your teleporter I guess.

Losus
Sunday, September 17th, 2017, 2:26:10 PM

okay good to know, didn't know if it was terribly involved or not.

Cashing in my PP now only had 600 but wanted to get some alters =)

allereli
Sunday, September 17th, 2017, 3:04:45 PM

if you used multiple town lockers, that is the biggest issue

Losus
Sunday, September 17th, 2017, 3:41:23 PM

Yeah my mine did but mostly to hold boxes to pick so I am going to spend a night going through them all and doing a fire sale and lockpick fest

SaltySenorita
Sunday, September 17th, 2017, 3:42:03 PM

is your rogue done with lockpick mastery?

Losus
Sunday, September 17th, 2017, 3:43:33 PM

Not by a long shot. Good 50 ranks left

SaltySenorita
Sunday, September 17th, 2017, 5:19:39 PM

The extra space to hoard boxes is really helpful if you're trying to work on LM, but if it's not a priority for you, it's no biggie. Just something to keep in mind.

Locker space has often been the singular reason I've not bumped my account down to basic. Just the thought of dealing with all the stuff I've accumulated over the years is exhausting.

Mogonis
Sunday, September 17th, 2017, 7:42:19 PM

Locker space, having all your coins in a central location, merchants and Xerria, capped bandit bounties that don't have other critters in the way.

Monday, September 18th, 2017, 8:41:49 AM

At this point, multiple lockers in multiple locations at higher capacity is likely the #1 concern. Premium becomes much more worthwhile at cap, when you can take Mogonis' advice and more easily create groups for things like capped bandits in FWI, utilizing the free Reim runs, etc, etc. Multiple characters also reduces the effective marginal price.

Not mentioned here is selling can be advantageous (especially Dark Elves) in FWI to sell compared to many towns.

God
Thursday, September 21st, 2017, 9:53:50 AM

@whirlin Yep on the fence. If they would allow one premium account to log 2 characters at the same time, mainly for spellups, I would upgrade to prem in a heartbeat.

Losus
Thursday, September 21st, 2017, 12:09:42 PM

I also love access to the warcamps in the FWI wild. I decided to stay the course a little longer. Every time I want to downgrade my wizard to my spellbot I hunt with it and realize I can never hunt with a 3+ second RT again. So I just added FA and survival for more bounties and tanked my rogue to only pick boxes!

Thanks for the feedback folks all great reasons and they did help