The Triad Gaming Commission: Introduction and rat fight announcement

Ordim
Sunday, September 17th, 2017, 1:34:49 PM

A series of different size and shaped coins lay painted on the old frayed card, each seemingly from a different realm. Across the bottom was the word “Lucre” hand-painted and framed in intricate scroll work that ran around the edge. The reverse side held a basic pattern that had seen better days- flecking and faded almost entirely in some places. Ordim flipped the card between the two sides as he held it with two fingers, observing the new pattern that seemed to emerge from the rapid change.

MONEY BRINGS POWER. POWER BRINGS CONTROL. CONTROL. CONTROL.

Ordim did his best to ignore the voices as he placed the card face up on his desk and turned his attention to an unsealed scroll.

The Triad Gaming Commission is hearby authorized to operate out of Solhaven, making use of all Meeting Hall Organization resources they are currently qualified for...”

Rolling up the scroll again, Ordim hummed to himself “Now we can host our Rat fighting Tournament!” “What better way to introduce the Commission than to host a single elimination tournament for owner of various rodents of… questionable temperament?” Various muffin and pie crumbs tumbled down from the desk as Ordim stood up and moved to look out the window of his Inn room.

“Imaerasta the 27th, a Leyan, at 9 in the evening as Elves tell time, in the South Market Court of Solhaven. That would be the best place for this tournament. Entry fee will be 50,000 silvers to help fill the prize pool! The first and second place winners of the single elimination tournament will be paid depending on how many entrants there are.”

Ordim Pondered for a moment before finishing “After that we’ll join the party at The Pie Shop: Pie? Cakes? I’m the guy with the muffins.”

MONEY BRINGS POWER. POWER BRINGS CONTROL. CONTROL. CONTROL.

OOC –

The Triad Gaming Commission is a new MHO operating out of Solhaven that is built around gambling and other leisure activities. We will be recruiting anyone who would like to join as well as developing continual raffle offerings while developing new gambling games and reaching out to assist with other MHOs and CHEs to work with them on their current offerings.

Raffle Information: https://forums.elanthia.online/topic/492/the-triad-gaming-commission-s-weekly-raffles

On September 27th at 9pm down in Solhaven’s South Market Court, we’ll be having a single elimination Rat fighting tournament. Entrants need to bring their own rat (or any altered rat!) and a 50k entry fee. 20% of the pot will go towards the MHO’s endowment and bankroll while 80% will be pooled to pay the first and second place rats. First place will get 75% of the prize pool and second place will get 25%. Bets on individual fights will also be taken.

Please post here if you are interested in fighting so we can judge interest and prepare. Walk ins will be welcomed as well!

Kembal
Monday, September 18th, 2017, 4:12:51 PM

wait - the sewer rats can fight each other? how did I not know this?

Ordim
Monday, September 18th, 2017, 4:23:57 PM

Yeah, if two rats are in the same room and on the ground they will eventually start fighting until one wins and sends the other running back into its container. I think they sometimes fight if worn too? Either way, if you place two on the ground in the same room you get a rat fight! May the best RODENT win!

Ordim
Wednesday, September 27th, 2017, 3:57:04 PM

Tonight is rat fight night! 9pm eastern! The Pie Shop: You got eye in my Pie! party to follow at 11pm!

Riend
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 12:10:11 PM

Even though 99% of my characters would never be involved in this, I absolutely love all this!

Ordim
Thursday, October 26th, 2017, 2:57:31 PM

November 2nd, 9pm eastern, Solhaven south market court, Rat fight night part 2. 50k entry fee, hope you've been training!

Ordim
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 7:52:00 PM

Tomorrow! WOW!

Maylan
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017, 12:12:52 PM

I have a conflict tonight but would really really love to participate in one of these soon!

Ordim
Friday, December 1st, 2017, 4:30:48 PM

How about... Rat Fight night 3 - December 12th, 8pm eastern?

Ordim
Monday, December 11th, 2017, 4:49:20 PM

This is tomorrow

Ordim
Tuesday, December 12th, 2017, 1:27:50 PM

this is tonight! Solhaven, South Market court (due north of south market) All are welcome (to bring silvers)