Weekly Raffles/lottos

Ordim
Thursday, September 14th, 2017, 7:14:32 PM

I am currently waiting for confirmation on the creation of a new MHO group that will focus on gambling and related things of that nature (Think leisurely things like smoking cigars, drinking fine tea, sitting around in smoking jackets and enjoying life).

One of the things I'd like to offer is a weekly/monthly lotto/raffle that will be split 80/20. Using https://www.randompicker.com to create the drawing and picking the number and making it public will help dispell any collusion claims or problems with running such a service, hopefully. I think to start and fall into the habit we'd start around 10k per ticket, with a maximum of 100 tickets total. This would make the total pot 1 million silvers with 800k going to the winner and 200k going towards the MHO's use. Eventually, we'd also be opening up other gaming options where we would act as the house and be able to provide payouts with games like Roulette to start (Gambling kits) and hopefully working with other MHO/CHE organizations to supplement their games or work with them to develop new ones.

I wanted to get peoples feed back on if this is something they would be interested in buying into, either once or twice or weekly to try and win some silvers. We could do a larger pot once a month, maybe 100k buy in or higher. As of right now, the service would be limited to 100 tickets total, due to the limitations of the website without investing any money into it. If the service picked up and had a major draw we might look into paying for the expansion of that limit. With the 100 ticket total limit, we might even want to limit how many tickets a single person can buy, but I'm not sold on that idea just yet.

Thoughts and feelings?

Rohese
Friday, September 15th, 2017, 2:03:26 AM

Whilst this isn't something Rohese would personally enjoy, it's definitely something Elanthian Elegance would endorse for its members! You can count us in for support.

beldannon5
Friday, September 15th, 2017, 2:25:10 AM

I know no one that would be interested in this. certainly not me :)

Friday, September 15th, 2017, 8:12:26 AM

True, @beldannon5 NEVER GAMBLES AT ANYTHING, NOR EVER WINS ANYTHING...

It's one of those things where I think you'll universally hear that it's a good idea, and that people are interested, but then with lack of execution. I think if you created an automated mechanism to do it, like via a google form signup paired with a auction block in game or something like that, I think that it could be incredibly successful, but I'm not certain if that would necessarily fall under all MHO rules. I say go for it, set expectations stupidly low, and play with marketing and where you set stuff up.

Evarin
Friday, September 15th, 2017, 8:46:40 AM

I say go for it. Worst that can happen is it doesn't catch on.

Rohese
Friday, September 15th, 2017, 9:45:58 AM

Don't forget the wheel in Beldrin's (sp) Gaming Hall.

allereli
Friday, September 15th, 2017, 10:03:33 AM

I think selection should always be IG. The gathering for picking the winner is always the most fun part

https://youtu.be/MVQuHF7lQBI?t=43s

beldannon5
Friday, September 15th, 2017, 11:41:25 AM

i try to tell you all Beldannon really doesn't win much. it's ushakaron whose the lucky one. Different account same ip though. not sure how that all works just luck i suppose.

I heard there would be fishing at EG is there anything else going on?

Ordim
Friday, September 15th, 2017, 9:17:46 PM

We'll start off in game and if I can get it rolling I'll commission the purchase of an unlocked block and/or someone to assist (read- do it all for me) of some sort of script to tie into an API or something. The in-game options are far to rare/limited right now to be usable, but I acknowledge and would love to have a system in place in game to do something like that.