Marmot Mafia Signup Thread (Be there or else)

Flimbo
Monday, September 11th, 2017, 9:08:48 PM

Okay, new round of Forum Marmot Mafia is coming up! I'm going to put a sign up sheet up here. Depends on how many players we have which game we'll end up playing. Sign up in the traditional way of copying and pasting the previous list and adding your name to it.

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12.

HJFudge
Monday, September 11th, 2017, 10:36:17 PM

@flimbo said in Marmot Mafia Signup Thread (Be there or else):

1. HJFudge 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12.
Flimbo
Monday, September 11th, 2017, 11:22:04 PM

For anyone interested, I have taken some ideas from traditional forum mafia roles per the wiki, completely disregarded them and made up my own roles which are totally fair and will almost probably even not end in everyone's gruesome death. In order to promote a marmot-friendly environment, I will now reveal a couple of these roles so you can have an idea of what to expect:

Ticking Marmot This marmot has eaten a bomb. The detonator to this bomb has been lost, but upon the ticking marmot's death, there is a chance that the ticking marmot will explode. Upon the ticking marmot's death, there is a 50% chance that the marmot will not explode. There is also a 50% chance that the marmot will explode and take someone with it. In the event of a marmot explosion, a roll will be taken to decide who is taken out with the marmot out of the marmots who were involved in it's death. This includes all living players in the event of a townsmarmot lynching; not just townsmarmots/marmotfia that voted for this marmot. This is a townsmarmot role.

Marmot Bard This marmot is a very important marmot to the game. The Marmot Bard has no special powers at all, but this marmot may only speak in rhymes. This can be either a marmotfia or townsmarmot role. In a rare, double whammy decision, this role may potentially be paired with another role so as not to give away who does not have a power.

0zymandius
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 8:30:28 AM
  1. HJFudge
  2. 0zymandius 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17.
JNewhall
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 8:44:12 AM
  1. HJFudge
  2. 0zymandius
  3. JNewhall 4. 5. 6. Etc.
Flimbo
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 11:35:18 AM

Man, these forums don't make it easy to copy and paste numbered lists.

Maylan
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 11:42:51 AM

No they really don't. I ended up using the quote function and deleting all the quote features. There's gotta be a better way that I'm not getting.

1. HJFudge
  2. 0zymandiu
  3. JNewhall
  4. Maylan 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17.
Maylan
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 11:57:14 AM

If anyone is arriving at this thread and wondering what the hell is going on, I'll happily send you more info on our mafia forum games. It's a really fun RP experience and we'd love to have new players.

Maylan
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 11:59:47 AM

P.S. Please don't make me the marmot bard, that role sounds really hard. Rhyming is not my greatest strength, I could not sustain it at any length.

HJFudge
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 1:29:34 PM

YOUR A POET AND DIDNT EVEN REALIZE IT

Flimbo
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 1:35:08 PM

You're all very lucky I did not port my other mud character, Benny McKenny, Professor of Poem Educationism to Gemstone. Gemstone doesn't really have a Kender equivalent so it never happened.

Maylan
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 3:30:29 PM

@hjfudge said in Marmot Mafia Signup Thread (Be there or else):

YOUR A POET AND DIDNT EVEN REALIZE IT

Nonsense, sir. I do not concur.

SaltySenorita
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 6:07:09 PM

@hjfudge I laughed way too hard at this.

HJFudge
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 6:15:12 PM

Sign up! Laughter and fun times abound in HJFudge's Non-Consensual Rhyme Repository! Where Awkward Alliterations Abound!

Flimbo
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 4:36:34 PM

Here are two more of the possible roles:

Flatulent Marmot This marmot has smelly marmot farts. The smelly marmot farts may be directed at another marmot during the day. If the marmot who has the smelly farts on them utilizes a role, the Flatulent marmot will know what power was used because the flatulent marmot can recognize his or her own brand. Alternatively, this marmot can choose to not to put smelly marmot farts on anyone. If this choice is taken, and a marmafia attempt to kill this marmot is made during the night, there is a 25% chance that the Flatulent marmot lives through the night because his marmot house was too smelly for the Marmafia to enter. This is a townsmarmot role.

And I know some of these roles may seem a little...squirrely, but I can bearly contain myself from revealing this other potential role (Get it?! Because a Giant Marmot is kind of like a squirrel crossed with a bear!!!):

The Marmfather This marmot is the boss of the Marmfia. And because he or she is somebody's father, based on my loose understanding of the works of Francis Ford Coppola, he or she must make at least one Dad joke during Marmfia scheming on each night cycle. This is why all the other marmots look up to him or her, and is the source of all his or her powers, so if the Marmfather fails to make a Dad joke during scheming, his or her power does not work. That power is that the Marmfather investigates as a Townsmarmot by some form of Marmot detective. So pretty much the Godfather role if you're familiar with forum Mafia. But with Marmots. And Dad Jokes.

Also, all dad jokes joked by the Marmfather are required to be read in the rest of the Marmfia's head in Marlon Brando's voice. This is done on the honor system.