Greater Mood Alteration Assistance

Alastir
Saturday, September 9th, 2017, 11:22:20 PM

In an effort to best utilize my greater mood win, I'm seeking assistance with some of the messaging. We have some very talented wordsmiths out there, so any suggestions will be heavily considered, with possibly some rewards for any ideas that are used or that spark some creativity.

• Item: a suit of black alloy armor

• Goal: I'd like to play off the idea of "shadowdeath" armor through illusion.

• Think shadowy tendrils, shadows, dark essence, etc.

The character has a FWI teleporter that uses the following: 7. | Shadowy Tendrils |---|---|---| 1ST PERSON | Shadowy tendrils rise from the ground and wrap around your legs. The dark wisps quickly engulf your body, rendering your surroundings pitch black. As quickly as the world disappeared, however, the darkness vanishes and you realize you are not where you once were. DEPARTURE | Shadowy tendrils rise from the ground and wrap around Wyrom's legs as they quickly engulf his entire body. The shadows quickly retreat back into the surroundings, leaving no trace of Wyrom. ARRIVAL | Shadowy tendrils rise from the ground and quickly coalesce into a humanoid form. As quickly as they appeared, the shadows retreat back into the surroundings, leaving Wyrom in their place.

I'd like the armor to compliment the teleporter with similar messaging.

I need to design 2 verbs (Rub/Clench), but I believe those are just the activators and they don't have to be in the messaging. Plus an ambient message.

Sabotage
Saturday, September 9th, 2017, 11:33:22 PM

You don't get WAVE?

Alastir
Saturday, September 9th, 2017, 11:36:13 PM

You need to come up with messaging for when you RUB and CLENCH the item. Both what you will see, and what others in the room will see. Lastly you'll need the MOOD portion. This is the messaging that will fire off randomly every few minutes. It also needs messaging for what YOU see and then what the room sees.

Is there a wave?

Sabotage
Saturday, September 9th, 2017, 11:37:28 PM

https://gswiki.play.net/Mood_script

Alastir
Saturday, September 9th, 2017, 11:46:30 PM

@sabotage said in Greater Mood Alteration Assistance:

https://gswiki.play.net/Mood_script

Ahh, yes. There is wave messaging. I believe it's more difficult because it has a very specific format for messaging, so that might have been removed and they're just using the defaults. I'll ask for clarification.

Sabotage
Saturday, September 9th, 2017, 11:57:39 PM

Shadowy tendrils burst from mouth and gradually covers their body. Suddenly their eyes glow bright and they turn to stare directly into your eyes. A voice whispers in your mind, "Master, I still hunger. Sate my thirst!".

HJFudge
Monday, September 11th, 2017, 1:41:57 AM

I dunno if this helps any, but here is one of the messaging I submitted for my win in plat. Note: It has yet to be approved

RUB:

third person: Exhaling slowly, closes his/her eyes and raises before him/her. The blade of the begins to gleam with a soft light. Without warning, makes a long vertical cut in the air in front of them. As the blade passes, the cut remains. Through it, you catch a glimpse of a desolate landscape...and in the distance a gargantuan monolith, black as pitch that pierces the clouds. As your mind struggles to process this, the rent in the air fades...leaving only the memory of that dark place.

first person: Exhaling slowly, you close your eyes and raise before you. The pressure builds up between your eyes until you feel you can't take it anymore. The voices are louder than ever, almost screaming at you. You need to release...despite the dangers. The blade in your hand begins to vibrate and hum and you lash out in fear and frustration, cutting a vertical slash in the air before you. Suddenly, the pressure eases and the voices go silent. Still, you feel as if you had just skirted a dangerous precipice...one you have avoided falling into...this time.

Riend
Monday, September 11th, 2017, 11:32:34 AM

Don't know if this helps, but I have these on my armguard. I feel like somewhere RUB got changed, the 3rd person seems wrong but it's been a couple of years now.

rub arm Feeling your anger start to build, you are hardly surprised when a foxfire green flame erupts across your armguard. You indulge in the sensation for a few brief moments, allowing the anger to tickle your senses, before snapping yourself back to reality and extinguishing the flames.

Flames of bright green foxfire flare to life along Riend's armguard, creating an ethereal green glow that flares briefly before flickering out.

clench arm Sparks of intense green foxfire erupt into violent flame as you clench your fist. The ethereal green wisps lick across your skin, curling up from your arms to wrap around your head. You begin to feel an uncomfortable twinge at the corner of your eyes, the sensation urging you to anger. As the emotion threatens to consume you, the green aura around you expands rapidly, building to a crescendo before it dissipates in an instant and all is normal.

Sparks of intense foxfire burst into violent green flame as Riend clenches her fist. The fire burns its way up her arms to coalesce around her face, causing her features to shift from sylvan to human. The green suffuses her eyes as the foxfire continues to spread. She closes her eyes tightly and the illusion begins to flicker before the fire dissipates completely, leaving her looking calm and slightly relieved.

wave arm You place a hand on your fettered armguard, creating an ethereal green glow to surround the armguard.