Official: Greater Elemental Essence Gen Rate Increase

Evarin
Thursday, September 7th, 2017, 7:24:10 AM

Quote from GM Estild: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Wizards/Enchanting/view/2296

The chance to upgrade an elemental essence into a greater essence has been increased. Starting from level 50 up to 100, it scales to twice the previous rate.

GameMaster Estild

Thursday, September 7th, 2017, 9:08:51 AM

This will be a nice change... I'm don't believe the market supported enchanting flaring to make it market competitive with enchancive enchanting. Now with padding enchanting availability, I think it's much more important to keep flaring enchanting relatively competitive, especially considering that it's a variety of unique items, and has more storage implications.

allereli
Thursday, September 7th, 2017, 9:15:21 AM

@whirlin said in Official: Greater Elemental Essence Gen Rate Increase:

This will be a nice change... I'm don't believe the market supported enchanting flaring to make it market competitive with enchancive enchanting. Now with padding enchanting availability, I think it's much more important to keep flaring enchanting relatively competitive, especially considering that it's a variety of unique items, and has more storage implications.

I think if W/P/S can be done without potions, flares should be as well. Wizards are masters of the elements, why do they need help with flares? ditto with the harsh lore requirements. If anything, the potions, lore reqs are at the levels of ridonkulous it should take for adding flares. I am usually a lover of high thresholds, lore training, guild training, etc, but opening the W/P/S up like that calls for a re-examination as it really doesn't seem right now.

ArchSenex
Thursday, September 7th, 2017, 9:49:41 AM

I believe I saw mention that the number of essences dropping, compared to the number of people actually USING them, means that someone, somewhere, has a giant vault of them that they swim through, scrooge mcduck style.

darconas
Thursday, September 7th, 2017, 9:54:46 AM

Flare enchanting has been a complete bust. Zero interest from anyone i've ever seen on it - i wish they really go back and review this design, its just completely out of line with wps enchanting and ensorcelling in comparison.

Thursday, September 7th, 2017, 10:04:16 AM

I don't disagree with you Darconas... but I'd actually argue that padding/weighting probably should have had new pre-temper potions added to make it possible... an unpopular opinion, and a nerf, I know... but it would be in line with other equipment effects

Sabotage
Thursday, September 7th, 2017, 10:04:19 AM

Enchanting flaring weapons shouldn't need a potion. Set the difficulty at X, for flaring weapons, and you get a bonus for ranks in lore for that flaring type.

Also I truly hate alchemy and will never do it. It is the most mind numbing thing I've ever experienced in this game. I truly wish they would stop gating things behind it.

Alastir
Thursday, September 7th, 2017, 10:27:34 AM

Alchemy isn't all that bad now with guild nights. Hoarding components is the most difficult part of it.

It makes no sense to me why flaring weapons require special potions. 9 out of 10 people prefer weighting to flares. Placing flares behind absurd restrictions just means they'll never be worked on, which doesn't really matter, because barely anyone uses them over weighting.

It would be nice to know why the DEV team thinks flares should be placed behind a frustrationwall. @Estild ?

Sabotage
Thursday, September 7th, 2017, 10:32:25 AM

@alastir Mostly pures with runestaves and warmages.

Thursday, September 7th, 2017, 10:39:55 AM

As a master alchemist... lets hold on a second... more veteran, readily available objects have dipped in price since inception. You're now looking at Ayveneh potions not offering the same return on investment as when they were first released, as a result of more alchemists producing higher supplies.

Yes, scarcity in reagents suck... but there have never been as many master alchemists as a percentage of the population compared to today. The likelihood of finding someone to change X to Y is more realistic now more than ever.

That being said... Hoarding alchemy reagents is the bigger problem... if I have a session of performing alchemy, it's usually a task in cleaning my nice gems off of Whirlin, moving a packed to capacity 120 pound, 100 item shoulder container from a mule onto Whirlin, performing alchemy, and moving it all back. I think this can HELP be remediated through utilization of those capsules created an event or two ago that held a few of the chronomage orbs, and applying towards *ayanad crystals, essences, shards, and motes to help further drive down numbers. Perhaps even considering an alchemy cauldron weight reduction (as a halfling, I will not lug around a 5 pound cauldron all the time!)

Maetriks
Thursday, September 7th, 2017, 10:45:09 AM

@whirlin said in Official: Greater Elemental Essence Gen Rate Increase:

I don't disagree with you Darconas... but I'd actually argue that padding/weighting probably should have had new pre-temper potions added to make it possible... an unpopular opinion, and a nerf, I know... but it would be in line with other equipment effects

I very much so agree with this.

Sabotage
Thursday, September 7th, 2017, 10:58:44 AM

@alastir I also work nights during the week, so I can literally never attend a guild night unless I'm on vacation. My shift starts when guild nights begin. Not that I would go anyways because alchemy is the devil and I would rather enjoy my time logged in.