X/day wands + Spell eating gloves compatability.

Nocturnix
Tuesday, September 5th, 2017, 5:30:22 PM

This is probably wishful thinking. But since I know some GM's read these forums I have a very amazing request:

Would you ever consider to allow spell abosrbing/bazz gloves to absorb charges from X/day rechargeable items (like the ones recently sold at DR for example)? That would be so damn cool. I realize it might be too hard to code for the effort. But hey, you never know until you ask.

Mogonis
Tuesday, September 5th, 2017, 5:32:15 PM

Tamuz posted that the gloves disallow the wands, and it seems intentional.

Roblar
Tuesday, September 5th, 2017, 5:34:49 PM

I tried that when they came out, with a 130 wand (not x per day though) I usually have merchants recharge.

I winced as I did it, afraid it was going to destroy it (it's made of oak). But yea, blocked.

ArchSenex
Tuesday, September 5th, 2017, 5:36:06 PM

That would be a massive boost in power to the gloves.

For one... what if somebody has multiple sets. Even just being able to stock up charges etc would be a big leg up.

Nocturnix
Tuesday, September 5th, 2017, 5:45:58 PM

@archsenex said in X/day wands + Spell eating gloves compatability.:

That would be a massive boost in power to the gloves.

For one... what if somebody has multiple sets. Even just being able to stock up charges etc would be a big leg up.

That is correct it would be amazing and fun as hell. It would make the gloves so uber, and the wands amazing as well. Still not quite sure what would be so wrong about that? Sapping the charges from your wand would fill your gloves, and gloves wouldnt be refillable again until empty. So affectively you could store up 40 charges from a 20charge wand. I guess that is a problem...?

If it is "too powerful", it could be a t3 auction unlock on the gloves...but i guess thats probably asking too much.

I knew it was wishful thinking.

ArchSenex
Tuesday, September 5th, 2017, 6:11:29 PM

@nocturnix

Basically, it allows you to ghetto clone the 20x items. Not hunting one day? Duplicate the item. Also, it let's you start the recharge timer immediately, rather than once you start a hunt etc.

More likely they would let you convert your 20x into gloves.

Making it a high level unlock, maybe. But it's very auction tier.

Kragdruk
Tuesday, September 5th, 2017, 6:21:58 PM

Regardless of the power level, I suspect that making this work correctly would require complicated changes to the glove script as well as the x/day scripts.

darconas
Wednesday, September 6th, 2017, 9:04:48 AM

Does the gloves only eat wands/rods or can it eat other imbeddables like pins and the line?

Roblar
Wednesday, September 6th, 2017, 11:21:56 AM

Wands or rods

allereli
Wednesday, September 6th, 2017, 2:40:04 PM

@darconas said in X/day wands + Spell eating gloves compatability.:

Does the gloves only eat wands/rods or can it eat other imbeddables like pins and the line?

unscripted wave/raise items. Like the MRs in the Loot Cellar work great with the gloves. You can clench to drain and then charge the MR again

https://gswiki.play.net/EGShop:Holly,Wood,andVine#TheLoot_Cellar

Roblar
Wednesday, September 6th, 2017, 2:42:44 PM

Right, I should be more specific, items that use raise or wave.

Definitely not pins (which would be tap or rub).

ArchSenex
Wednesday, September 6th, 2017, 2:52:00 PM

@allereli said in X/day wands + Spell eating gloves compatability.:

@darconas said in X/day wands + Spell eating gloves compatability.:

unscripted wave/raise items. Like the MRs in the Loot Cellar work great with the gloves. You can clench to drain and then charge the MR again

https://gswiki.play.net/EGShop:Holly,Wood,andVine#TheLoot_Cellar

I need to buy some of those then....