Forum Mafia Signup Thread

Claudaro
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 1:12:23 AM

So rather than make a new sign up thread for each game, and thus clutter things up with short useless topics, I'm going to steal an idea from another forum and setup a game sign up thread. If there is a game that is actively seeking players, it'll be posted here. Simply copy and paste (It's easier to copy and paste in this forum than quote, then go though and remove all the quote crap I've found) and add your name to it. When the game is done taking signups, the mod can post that it's closed. I'll be making a separate post shortly with signups for the next game since there seems to be some interest.

Claudaro
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 1:17:56 AM

Newbie Mafia: Round Two

This will be another newbie game that will be fairly simple to allow for learning. The exact setup will be determined based on how many players sign up for it. It will have some kind of flavor, but I will likely avoid using GS as a source this time, to try and make it easier to focus on the game, and not the window dressing, like what happened last time. If you are interested, find the most recent post, and add yourself to the list, if it's full, add another line! Make sure to use double spaces at the end of your name, that seems to matter in this forum's layout sometimes. I also strongly recommend using reply at the bottom, rather than the quick post reply, as it gives you a preview.

A mini-guide, with some helpful links at the end: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XeCc8JkxNi8rMqz7aZRquSC03Mw--2dSTXmqOi4ED4E/edit?usp=sharing

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. ...

JNewhall
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 8:59:49 AM
  1. JNewhall.
    2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. ...

Looks fun! Wish I'd signegd up before. Go orcs!

0zymandius
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 9:42:17 AM

@jnewhall said in Forum Mafia Signup Thread:

1. JNewhall.
  2. 0zymandius
Maylan
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 10:25:58 AM

Looks fun! Wish I'd signegd up before. Go orcs!

Suspicious!!!

Vote: JNewhall

Maylan
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 10:27:16 AM

@0zymandius said in Forum Mafia Signup Thread:

@jnewhall said in Forum Mafia Signup Thread:

1. JNewhall.
  2. 0zymandius
    1. Maylan

Oops sorry, I forgot we were signing up this way.

JNewhall
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 10:38:00 AM

By "Go orcs," I of course meant "go away, orcs." It was a typo. Darn autocorrect!

By your reaction, @Maylan, I am sure you are not an orc. We're on the same side! @0zymandius is a lurker. Suspicious!

Vote: @0zymandius

Flimbo
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 10:45:16 AM
  1. JNewhall.
  2. 0zymandius
  3. Maylan
  4. Flimbo
HJFudge
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 1:43:45 PM

@flimbo said in Forum Mafia Signup Thread:

1. JNewhall.
  2. 0zymandius
  3. Maylan
  4. Flimbo
  5. HJFudge
Maylan
Friday, September 1st, 2017, 11:10:27 AM

Bumping this, as I'm hoping we can get some more sign-ups. It's really really fun, I promise.

Flimbo
Friday, September 1st, 2017, 11:42:54 AM

And next game will have almost double the marmots!

Flimbo
Friday, September 1st, 2017, 1:07:42 PM

alt text

Flimbo
Saturday, September 2nd, 2017, 1:27:49 PM

Guys. Seriously. There's gonna be so much marmot. You can't even handle how much marmot there's gonna be. Sign up today.

Eva
Saturday, September 2nd, 2017, 5:16:41 PM

@hjfudge said in Forum Mafia Signup Thread:

@flimbo said in Forum Mafia Signup Thread:

1. JNewhall.
  2. 0zymandius
  3. Maylan
  4. Flimbo
  5. HJFudge
  6. Eva

I don't think I did this correctly, format wise. Given that I created an account just to play your game, Claudaro, allowances should be made. You're welcome + first post.

Claudaro
Saturday, September 2nd, 2017, 6:02:31 PM
  1. JNewhall
  2. 0zymandius
  3. Maylan
  4. Flimbo
  5. HJFudge
  6. Eva
    1. ...

Trust me, it's 1000 times easier to copy and paste folks, saves the formatting too.

Claudaro
Monday, September 4th, 2017, 9:59:03 PM

Well, if we don't get a few more people it won't really be doable. Yell at your friends more, hehe.

Claudaro
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 1:02:21 AM

So, since more signups seems unlikely at this point, I've combed over my thoughts, and decided that a game of Assassin's would fit the bill. This is a variation of mafia, in that there is still a "town" and "anti-town" faction, lynches occur, but it is a night-less game. It is well balanced for six players, which we appear to have.

The setup is as follows. one person is the king, one person is an assassin trying to kill the king. The other four players are guards. The guards know who the king is, but not who each other are. The king and the assassin don't know who anyone is. Each day, someone is lynched. If a guard is lynched, then the next day starts immediately, and repeats. If (Somehow, I wouldn't mention it unless I saw it happen due to someone being very dumb IMO) the king is lynched, then the assassin wins. If the assassin is lynched, then they get to immediately decide who to kill. If they kill the king, the assassin wins, if they kill a guard, the guards and the king all win.

If this is something you are still interested in, please post back here confirming as much. If all six are in still, I'll go ahead and run that game, else, I'll be putting a pin in this due to lack of interest.

Tagging so you get notified to read this. @Eva @HJFudge @JNewhall @Maylan @Flimbo @0zymandius

HJFudge
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 1:07:37 AM

I'll give it a whirl, why not

Eva
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 7:59:47 AM

Yep, still down.

JNewhall
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 9:38:49 AM

Sounds fun

Flimbo
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 9:40:54 AM

Whammy wazzle.