Official: Live Merchants at Duskruin This Weekend

Evarin
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 12:18:43 AM

Quote from GM Wyrom: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Duskruin%20Arena/view/8144

Starting tomorrow, we'll have some live action merchant work at Duskruin as a bonus offer this run to make up for some of the delays. This will include some services like general alterations, features, tattoos, and possibly some other services in line with what you'd find at a wandering merchant. Services will be very low cost in bloodscrip (between 100 to 500). Since the area will be open over the weekend and through Labor Day, you'll have several opportunities to gain some work!

Wyrom, PM

Evarin
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 12:21:18 AM

Note this starts tomorrow, but runs through the weekend.

Sabotage
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 12:22:28 AM

Now that's the kind of low cost stuff I wanted to see as a thanks. Thanks for listening to feedback.

Mogonis
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 1:01:37 AM

@Wyrom Bring out the lesser black ora weapon unlocks! Charge like 5k bloodscrip.

Sabotage
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 1:05:05 AM

Don't wandering merchants offer W/P/S now?! LOL, j/k.

Ordim
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 7:56:43 AM

A much better response than "we stuck some rare stuff in the hopper". I am curious why they have not sold light/deep certs directly for BS though, that would seem like the natural progression after making the certs for Delirium Manor. Just a simple +200lbs epic deep cert for 6k BS. Or something along those lines, to free up having to do them manually.

Wyrom
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 10:47:23 AM

@Mogonis, weapons or jewelry?

@Ordim, definitely something we thought about, but just weren't sure on having them 100% unlimited.

0zymandius
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 10:51:30 AM

@wyrom A general comment/request... for those who haven't been around in a while and missed a good chunk of time, it would be really nice if there were an option to get OTS versions of things when a merchant comes around to unlock them.

For example, I go to a merchant doing, oh, I don't know, lesser black ora jewelry unlocks. If I get spun, I have the opportunity to get a locked version of said item (and it can't be unlocked at that session).

And maybe not every time, or for every 'thing', but if this was an option the majority of the time unlocking was offered, that'd be fantastic.

Wyrom
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 10:53:06 AM

@0zymandius, makes sense. I'll note it for a discussion point with staff.

ondreian
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 10:56:05 AM

@wyrom said in Official: Live Merchants at Duskruin This Weekend:

@Mogonis, weapons or jewelry?

Both?

Wyrom
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 10:56:47 AM

I likely won't get weapons approved. But jewelry is something I could probably do.

ondreian
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 11:11:20 AM

When you unlock black ora jewelry, does that convert them to pin worn like other black ora jewelry items? I'm not sure I've ever encountered black ora jewelry unlocking before, only seen the weapons.

Maylan
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 11:14:28 AM

@Wyrom any chance for adding additional games to gambling kits this weekend? I bought a T2 unlocked gambling kit that comes with Wheel of Adventure and roulette, but I've heard you can add other games. If so, I would love the opportunity to do so. I'm hoping to use this for White Haven events.

Wyrom
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 11:23:28 AM

@ondreian said in Official: Live Merchants at Duskruin This Weekend:

When you unlock black ora jewelry, does that convert them to pin worn like other black ora jewelry items? I'm not sure I've ever encountered black ora jewelry unlocking before, only seen the weapons.

For the jewelry, it just has to be one of the lesser ones (permanently worn type). It doesn't change the worn location, just gives it the other functions.

@maylan said in Official: Live Merchants at Duskruin This Weekend:

@Wyrom any chance for adding additional games to gambling kits this weekend? I bought a T2 unlocked gambling kit that comes with Wheel of Adventure and roulette, but I've heard you can add other games. If so, I would love the opportunity to do so. I'm hoping to use this for White Haven events.

Those are the only two games they are coded with. I've thought about making some new games.

Ordim
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 11:28:27 AM

A poker game would be AMAZING.

Wyrom
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 11:29:23 AM

Single deck poker games might be possible, but more as a standalone item. Doing something like an 8 shoe blackjack game would break my brain.

Maylan
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 11:41:54 AM

Thanks for the reply. The kits are already very fun with just the two games. I would have no idea how to run a traditional roulette table without auto-betting of some kind, but there are so many endless possibilities with both games.

Ordim
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 11:42:55 AM

It's pretty straight forward, I'll probably be doing it in the near future. Just trying to figure out if there is a way to spice it up a bit.

Maylan
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 11:43:46 AM

If it involves me doing math of any kind, you can count me out. Even counting me out is too much counting for me.

ArchSenex
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 11:53:12 AM

Single deck poker games might be possible, but more as a standalone item. Doing something like an 8 shoe blackjack game would break my brain.

I've been trying to get a "real" poker deck for some time. I could make it using paper, if there was only a way to get a random thing from a container. Asking for a rummage syntax to get a random item has been something a number of people have said would be great.

Mogonis
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 8:25:54 PM

I likely won't get weapons approved. But jewelry is something I could probably do.

L2Read, Wyrom! Haha. I said weapons. I have a lesser falchion burning in my locker. Why's it so off limits? If you charge a high amount of bloodscrip (5-10k), that seems like a fair compromise.

Cromir
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 9:46:26 PM

@wyrom-- I know its a super late request, but how about shield resizing? if not this Duskruin then maybe soon?

All my shields seem to be too small.

allereli
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 10:19:58 PM

@mogonis said in Official: Live Merchants at Duskruin This Weekend:

L2Read, Wyrom! Haha. I said weapons. I have a lesser falchion burning in my locker. Why's it so off limits? If you charge a high amount of bloodscrip (5-10k), that seems like a fair compromise.

high amount does not equal 5-10k.

Mogonis
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 10:20:27 PM

@allereli said in Official: Live Merchants at Duskruin This Weekend:

@mogonis said in Official: Live Merchants at Duskruin This Weekend:

high amount does not equal 5-10k.

SHUT UP