Official: Duskruin Extension Updates

Evarin
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017, 9:47:29 PM

Quote from GM Wyrom: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Duskruin%20Arena/view/8060

Hey everyone, with the smithy opening late, we're going to do several things to make up for the time you were waiting.

Duskruin will stay open until September 4th at 11:59pm ET. The booklets and jars in the SimuCoin Store will stop being on sale at the end of the month (August 31st) at 11:55pm ET. The extension is mainly for shopping, but if you have booklets or jars after the 31st, you can continue to use them to run either the arena or sewers.

We're going to add 2 multi-setting, permanent gold rings for sale in the High End Scrip Shop. They will go on sale tonight. They will be made from rare materials.

I also realize many people bought certificates earlier on that were redeemed already. I know some of you have emailed me about changing what you had done due to the smithy's release changing your mind on what you'd like to do with your one service. For just this run only, due to the lack of information on the weighting/padding prices, if you want to redeem a second certificate on a single item, that is allowed.

Lastly, I've added a number of smithy invites to the envelope feeder. I've also added another special certificate that is good for +100 service points for padding only. Just follow the instructions on the certificate to get it redeemed, if you happen to find it. There are two of them total. This will be the only time we offer this at Duskruin. Good luck!

Wyrom, PM

Evarin
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017, 9:56:09 PM

Quote from GM Wyrom: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Duskruin%20Arena/view/8070

Any more information on the stats on the rings?

Veniom - 12 settings. Urglaes - 5 settings.

Will be out tonight.

Any thought on maybe allowing silver only purchasing for jars/booklets until the 3rd to help a little bit with draining silver? Or is there a reason that it might be better to stop BS generation for the game economy? Either way, the extension is very much appreciated!

We'll see how things look September 1st.

my understanding so far is that W/P/S is to be offered at every event, free or otherwise, but still in a limited format. Is it possible to add an advantage to the Duskruin invites to get in at any event regardless of whether it is for bs, silvers, or whatnot? so if someone is not chosen at an event for service, they will have a choice to use their Duskruin invite instead.

Invites will be good at the next Duskruin. For right now, there aren't any plans, but we'll see after we offer it a few times after Duskruin. Likely the next time we offer it, it will be by a live merchant via spinner.

Wyrom, PM

Sabotage
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017, 10:03:55 PM

Anyone know the ring prices?

allereli
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017, 10:17:42 PM

@sabotage said in Official: Duskruin Extension Updates:

Anyone know the ring prices?

tunnel is closed atm so should know soon

Kragdruk
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017, 11:10:53 PM

|Item|Settings|Start|Current| |---|---|---|---| |veniom band|12|175k|192.5k| |urglaes ring|5|75k|132,865|

Sabotage
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017, 11:21:58 PM

As thanks here is something that will scale out of a decent price range before you even log in.

Ososis
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017, 11:24:27 PM

@sabotage

Yeah, I feel like I just got groped and now they are asking for 5 bucks.

Flimbo
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017, 11:37:58 PM

@ososis said in Official: Duskruin Extension Updates:

@sabotage

Opinions that shed negative light upon the company marketing policy WILL NOT BE TOLERATED ON THESE BOARDS. Please vacate.

Ordim
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017, 11:40:04 PM

I read it more like "thanks for waiting, heres something else to gamble on!" I'm done buying simucoins unless something changes.

Alastir
Wednesday, August 30th, 2017, 12:45:25 AM

@flimbo said in Official: Duskruin Extension Updates:

@ososis said in Official: Duskruin Extension Updates:

@sabotage

Opinions that shed negative light upon the company marketing policy WILL NOT BE TOLERATED ON THESE BOARDS. Please vacate.

alt text

Sacru
Monday, September 4th, 2017, 8:50:52 PM

Was the second +100 padding cert ever found?

beldannon5
Monday, September 4th, 2017, 9:22:48 PM

didn't know someone had won the first one lol

Sacru
Monday, September 4th, 2017, 9:26:30 PM

@beldannon5 said in Official: Duskruin Extension Updates:

Whoever found it is being super quiet about it and supposedly no interest in selling. Could be a rumor -- who knows.

allereli
Monday, September 4th, 2017, 9:35:49 PM

@sacru said in Official: Duskruin Extension Updates:

Whoever found it is being super quiet about it and supposedly no interest in selling. Could be a rumor -- who knows.

they weren't being super quiet, they were on the lich merchant channel for at least a half hour taking offers

Sacru
Monday, September 4th, 2017, 9:45:47 PM

@allereli said in Official: Duskruin Extension Updates:

@sacru said in Official: Duskruin Extension Updates:

they weren't being super quiet, they were on the lich merchant channel for at least a half hour taking offers

Who was it, and what offer did they take? I've been watching the merchant channel since 9 o'clock this morning and every day prior, and haven't seen a thing.