Epic Deepening Changes - Weight increase to .5 lb cloaks

viekn
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 11:01:07 PM

Cross post of what I posted on the officials: If a GM wouldn't mind addressing this: I handed my .5 lb cloak to Culd tonight for the "grandiose" level of deepening and he told me he'd have to increase my item's weight to 7 lbs in order to do that. There used to be no issue with getting epic deepening on these cloaks without changing the weight. Has this changed?

I had several other players say they've had these cloaks done earlier last week with no issue. @Wyrom, any official word on this?

I appreciate any guidance you can lend.

viekn
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 11:24:40 PM

My post on officials spurred discussion and the cloak was allowed.

allereli
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 11:25:26 PM

@viekn said in Epic Deepening Changes - Weight increase to .5 lb cloaks:

glad to hear. I believe it was a GM doing the service tonight who hadn't done it before.

viekn
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 11:28:40 PM

@allereli said in Epic Deepening Changes - Weight increase to .5 lb cloaks:

@viekn said in Epic Deepening Changes - Weight increase to .5 lb cloaks:

glad to hear. I believe it was a GM doing the service tonight who hadn't done it before.

Whoever was behind Culd was very professional about it, and I appreciated his service. He made sure to let me know before he increased the weight, and when the decision was revisited, he sent me word in game to come back. I thought that was pretty solid. @Wyrom, fyi.

Mogonis
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 11:52:03 PM

Culd was great. I showed up a few minutes before they had to step out for a bit. I left the quest area, and he did a SEND to let me know he was back. That was nice.

Riend
Monday, August 28th, 2017, 10:53:25 AM

I had an issue happen earlier in the week when I handed a jacket to a merchant for epic deepening. She whispered back that the jacket being max light made it ineligible. I questioned this, thinking that this particular service didn't restrict based on the item weight. When she asked on the backchannel it was approved. So maybe there's just a couple of new GMs who aren't as familiar.

Glad it got settled for you! =)

ArchSenex
Monday, August 28th, 2017, 11:08:21 AM

If something is denied that seems odd, nothing wrong with calmly getting a confirmation. It's when people flip out that it becomes a problem (and shameful)

viekn
Monday, August 28th, 2017, 11:51:53 AM

@archsenex said in Epic Deepening Changes - Weight increase to .5 lb cloaks:

If something is denied that seems odd, nothing wrong with calmly getting a confirmation. It's when people flip out that it becomes a problem (and shameful)

Exactly why I made sure to word my post the way I did on the officials. I'm sure if I'd been an ass about it, Culd wouldn't have bothered reaching back out to me to re-offer the service. And I don't know who was working the back channel in this instance, but @Wyrom props to whomever read my post and acted on it quickly.

Riend
Monday, August 28th, 2017, 1:29:07 PM

@archsenex said in Epic Deepening Changes - Weight increase to .5 lb cloaks:

You say that, but I generally believe myself to be level-headed when dealing with merchants. If I'm told no, I usually apologize and offer up another option. I have been, on rare occasion, made to feel like I've done something wrong because I've asked for something that was once OK but is now illegal. I've also been told that a fair number of GMs used to find me difficult because my ideas were so "borderline."

This is frustrating because I don't consider my ideas to be so far out of line with alter guidelines and I've never asked for something I thought to myself "Oh man, I hope I can sneak this by the GM."

I'd absolutely love the opportunity to see what things have been considered OK and which ones no longer are. I think the last time was a few years ago when I asked for something "ombreed" and was told that while "ombre" was allowed, this version was not because it was "too modern." I never understood it, but revamped the idea to use the acceptable version.

I do disagree with people who argue with the GMs or complains/bitches at them. We're all adults and we should be capable of responding as such. I do not agree with the idea that every question asked about a design refusal is an argument. I also think that GMs should attempt to provide a reason why something is refused (something I've definitely seen an attempt to do more often in recent years, thank you!) so we can try to avoid the same issue in the future.

Anyway, ramble ramble ramble.

ArchSenex
Monday, August 28th, 2017, 1:42:40 PM

@riend

I feel as though I have missed something.

Riend
Monday, August 28th, 2017, 2:33:38 PM

lol just expanding on your post with personal experience =p

Ceph
Monday, August 28th, 2017, 3:11:08 PM

I wonder if they swapped people partway through the service, I had a half pound cloak done around 9:30pm or so. came back as half pound and 200 deep.

No questions or whatnot about, just abit of thanking The Talent.