Official: Festival of the Fallen Teaser

Evarin
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 9:51:48 PM

Quote from GM Zoelle: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/World%20Events,%20Festivals,%20and%20Storylines/Festival%20of%20the%20Fallen/view/287

Do you own a set of Rikelle's fantastic morphing armor? Do you think it's as good as it can get? Well think again! Rikelle has tinkered and found a way to make a new and rare tier to her armor. What more could she make it do, you ask? Let me tell you! Currently, her third tinkering of armor allows you to have up to 6 sides of clothing, right? Murmurs of agreement Well how would you like 10!?!?! That's right, you heard it here first folks. Cheers and applause But wait! There's more! Audible gasps This new tier will allow you to weightlessly carry your armor when it's morphed into shirt form! Resounding cheers and applause Come on down to the Festival of the Fallen for your chance to win this rare tier.

A barley audible voice quickly states, "Standard encumbrance restrictions still apply."

~Zoelle~

Sabotage
Monday, September 4th, 2017, 9:57:03 PM

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/World%20Events,%20Festivals,%20and%20Storylines/Festival%20of%20the%20Fallen/view/328

Stepping through the door to the smithy's back room, the heat is stifling. Sweat runs in seductive rivulets over the voluptuous elven lass lying in a suggestive position on a bed of furs. Your eyes are drawn away from her ample curves to the white ora weapon lying beside her, heatless flames licking its length. As you stare longingly at the weapon a disembodied voice whispers, "T3, by Iasha."

OOC NOTE: Service will be for EITHER unlocking an existing T2 to T3 and making sure stats are up to snuff (making it 6x if it isn't already) OR should the winner not own an Iasha, one will be created for them at T3 unlock with appropriate statistics.

GM Zoelle

viekn
Monday, September 4th, 2017, 9:59:43 PM

@sabotage Hot damn! I don't even own Iasha but that seems nice, as does the elven lass. How much for the women?

Sabotage
Monday, September 4th, 2017, 10:14:08 PM

tree fiddy

idlewanderlust
Monday, September 4th, 2017, 10:19:43 PM

I wants my T2 upgraded!

Evarin
Monday, September 4th, 2017, 10:23:19 PM

Quote from GM Mazreth

Looking puzzled, the sturdy looking elf asks, "Inch ants? What the hell are inch ants?" "Sounds like something found in the Maernstrike Caverns across the lake," he continues. "No idea why anyone would ever actually pay for them. Nevertheless, we've got them too if you want 'em," he asserts somewhat confidently. Scratching his head he frowns, "Now if I can just figure out how to get them on the weapons."

OOC NOTE: Some restrictions apply. +5 enchant ~ No weapons with crit weighting/padding over heavy (150 pts), no items with combat scripts, no naginata, the cost will vary based upon item's properties. Items will only be allowed to have this service ONCE per festival.

~Mazreth

Evarin
Monday, September 4th, 2017, 11:00:59 PM

Quote from GM Kynlee: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/World%20Events,%20Festivals,%20and%20Storylines/Festival%20of%20the%20Fallen/view/364

Reaching into his leather bag, he pulls out a broken cog piece and distractedly taps it on the workbench several times as he stares blankly ahead. With a sudden gleam of inspiration, he tosses the cog back into his pouch and clears a space on the workbench. Pulling a shield to him, he grabs some dimly glowing tools and bends over, carefully manipulating the shield's surface. After several painstaking minutes, a soft glow covers the shield as a perfectly spherical depression forms.

A small elven child, twice the gnome's height, runs in and breaks his concentration.

"Grobey! Stop! Wait!" Screeches the small, yet taller, child with a very distressed look on his face.

"What? Why are you bothering me? Can't you see I'm trying to work? This is tedious!" Grobey's jade green eyes flash with annoyance.

"But this is important! I was told to tell you that you can only do one of those this time. Just the one! If you try to do more than one on a shield," says the child, "your magic tools will asplode!" The child ducks his head and anxiously twists his shirttails.

With a loud sigh, Grobey lays his tools down, reaches for a new shield, and says, "Fine. One it will be, then."

OOC Note: Grobey's coming back and bringing his shields! However, they will only be available with 1 fusion slot. This is the only time these morphing shields will be available this year, so get them while you can!

~~GM Kynlee~~ Elanthian Architect Breaker of Things GS4-Kynlee@play.net 3/50

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/World%20Events,%20Festivals,%20and%20Storylines/Festival%20of%20the%20Fallen/view/375

ask wizard about void "The void attracts, yes? Quite literally sometimes! Everything drawn to nothingness eventually. From dust to nonexistence." The wizard's eyes roll back, replacing his orbs with veined whites momentarily, until a fit of coughing overtakes him. When he recovers, he continues, "I can imbue a weapon with the void so you may annoint your enemies with its blessing."

There you have it! The Auto Flarer will be returning for the Festival of the Fallen! Acid is SO last season, so we've replaced it with void/vacuum flares instead for your all-purpose needs.

You've probably got questions, I'll attempt to answer some of them off the bat:

The Auto Flarer is limited to weapons +20 and below. (Yes, weapons only.) The attendant will refuse to work on anything over that. This has always been the limit.

The attendant will refuse to work on anything with weighting.

Runestaves are a-okay.

UCS equipment is now eligible.

You can use the Auto Flarer as much as you want, provided you can pay for each service! Costs are calculated on a per weapon basis, so I can't really provide quotes.

In general, scripted items will be denied. The Auto Flarer maintains a small whitelist of older scripts that are approved. In the future, we can (likely) tie this to the same mechanics at work in the Duskruin smithy to determine if an item is combat-worthy enough for a surcharge, but that is not something that will be ready in time for this run.

~Tamuz