Initial Feedback on Crit Weighting change.

Crime
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 8:10:28 PM

FYI,

I've been at DR all week. Here's my stats for the past 2 DR's.

Arena Entries: 291 Arena Kills: 6948 Arena Wins: 178 Arena Perfect Wins: 73

6x MCW T5 falchion, typically fight in the open and augment with Cman Vanish and Ambush.

Just did 3 Arena runs, and even had a non lore Tonis / Kai one run.

Didn't finish one.

Perhaps crit randomization has a wider range and it's possible with a 500 PT weighting it just didn't randomize high enough? IDK

It's clear to me that something has changed.

More challenging now, and losing 20 percent of my scrip earned atm...

Alastir
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 8:13:06 PM

The service points mean nothing when it comes to the combat application. It's still considered as having 20 points of crit weighting.

That doesn't mean there's not a bug somewhere though.

Crime
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 8:15:48 PM

I'm only offering feedback. I'm pretty sure I can step up my game to push a win, but as is it's clearly not as effective.

I view the overall mechanic change is better as it'll make services more available, and provides potential for ever higher level of effectiveness.

However, it's nerfed as is LOL.

HJFudge
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 8:16:24 PM

Needs more data to confirm, I think.

Crime
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 8:18:34 PM

Small sample, but I can say without doubt the scrip earned the last 3 runs is statistically outside the norm the past week, and produced the two lowest script earning runs ever without dying.

I win the majority of my runs, and of those runs I would do perfect more than 1/3 the time.

Never have I lost 3 in a row until now.

It's obvious enough to me that I'll be more of a spectator at this point, but again, I believe the game has moved forward. I think everyone is going to have an opportunity to get the weighting and padding they want.

Sabotage
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 8:25:17 PM

This doesn't look great.

Crime
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 8:34:11 PM

It's not about the present, it's about the future.

However, the value of high end items just normalized. They're going to ultimately be more accessible, given time.

I think this is also good. People want fun stuff.

I just had a level 82 Wiz pour a temper for 3x on my 2x MCP (20) T5 10% void resist mbp. :) That armor is going to be great one day!

Ososis
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 8:39:29 PM

Instead of a few people getting apples, everybody gets a sterilized apple seed. Not impressed. Attending 6 events to get HCP is not a mistake. Guaranteed this will be be used as the carrot for sub par, poorly thought out, shit events.

Crime
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 9:30:48 PM

I think it's a framework to move us forward, but definitely a paradigm shift in game mechanics. And we all know people love change LOL. /arghhhhh

Evarin
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 9:33:40 PM

Can someone explain to me, did existing equipment's padding/weighting/sighting in any way change, or were they simply converted to the current scale?

HJFudge
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 9:34:31 PM

They were simply converted to the new scale. However, Crime's contention is that somehow they were also NERFed. But...again, needs far more data imho

Evarin
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 9:42:11 PM

This seems like an easy answer from Wyrom. Research as to whether your gear has been nerfed or not isn't needed.

Durakar
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 9:43:08 PM

Seeing increased arena times here too. Durakar's primarily appears to be caused by berserk taking longer to kill the champions.

Crime
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 10:19:28 PM

I'm not saying nerfed, I'm saying improved, in a rather less effective way for the moment. Moving forward I'll have opportunity to improve the crit weighted weapons... long term.

Crime
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 10:21:12 PM

This reduces the value of top end crit weighted weapons though, in the long term. Who knows what long term is? a year, 5 years? 10 years?

Given their historical perspective I'd suggest you put on your long term thinking cap, with short term micro-boosts.

Estild
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 11:05:13 PM

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Hunting%20and%20Combat/Weighting%20and%20Padding/view/118

HJFudge
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 11:06:14 PM

Cool :) Stealth Nerf Fixed!

Crime
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 11:16:23 PM

Well I knew something wasn't right!

Thanks for fixing it so fast GMs!

And glad we're going to be able to improve items too!

Evarin
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 11:17:11 PM

Nice. Glad they fixed that glitch pronto. Happy Duskruining, all.

Roblar
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 11:34:53 PM

Whew - thanks!

Ososis
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 4:03:39 AM

Come on guys, all they did was nerf the nerf!

:) for real though, thanks for the prompt fixes.

God
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 7:22:21 AM

All I gotta say is crit weighting is some powerful stuff if people can feel the affects of it's loss so easily.

BriarFox
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 8:05:57 AM

My two cents, cross-posted from the officials:

I don’t want the negative opinion of the purported smithy bloodscrip costs to take over the discussion of the WPS changes in the hunting folder, so let’s do that here.

Based on the teaser post, using the full 25 services to pad 6x plain armor for 2.5 points would cost 13825 bloodscrip. Adding less than 1 point to 6x hcp armor would cost somewhere between 24k and 70k.

Compare that to the 50k scaling flat-padding cost for heavy padding at previous Duskruins and you see the issue. Potentially, I could now add HCP padding to armor over 6 Duskruins or other events. Let’s assume it’ll cost 20k scrip on average. That’s now 120k where I was expecting 50k. Costs are now 2.4 times the previous ones while I now need 6 times the number of events. For 10x hcp armor, I could previously pay 225k scrip to take it to MCP in one go. Now, to do that I need to add 350 points. That’s 14 max services for a cost that I expect to be staggering (likely 70k x 14=980,000 scrip). The cost has increased ~4.5 times while the events required have increased 14 times. In short, it is no surprise people are disappointed.

The new system is amazing, but the costs here are sky-high for minimal benefits. Please review them.

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!

Crime
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 8:48:32 AM

One thing perhaps over arches that statement.

Will padding/weighting/sighting be available from regular merchants now?

I think maybe we've been given an in game mechanic that changes everything. People aren't going to be starved for this anymore.

However, I don't see how they can charge these prices and also enable merchants to provide these services...

ArchSenex
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 8:52:17 AM

It's been announced its supposed to be crazy available. Give it 3 months to see, but if it's available monthly, that's new.

Also, a point I posted on the officials, we need to find out the enchanting odds. People may be approaching it from the wrong direction, costing out 6x armor etc. But what's the price to hcp 0x armor, and how hard is it to take to 7x?

Ordim
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 8:53:13 AM

It's easy to understand where the GMs are coming from in regards to balance, however, the numbers are just crazy over the top. I'm sure it will be available everywhere, but the current service window still acts as a limiter the same as less availability would, even if you can pay more. I doubt we'll see many people dropping tons of silver to blow through the limiting, just as we saw people reject the over priced BS options. The "problem" is that Simutronics is OK with that, the players not so much.

Crime
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 8:53:30 AM

@archsenex said in Initial Feedback on Crit Weighting change.:

It's been announced its supposed to be crazy available. Give it 3 months to see, but if it's available monthly, that's new.

Also, a point I posted on the officials, we need to find out the enchanting odds. People may be approaching it from the wrong direction, costing out 6x armor etc. But what's the price to hcp 0x armor, and how hard is it to take to 7x?

I had a level 82 pour a 3x on my 2x MCP T5 10% void resist BP LOL.

Nobody can pour a 7x my 6x T5 MCW Falchion atm though.

If it is crazy available, people may not care much about maxing 25 services at every get go and just doing 20 for a reasonable cost.

Crime
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 8:57:38 AM

7x MCP & MDP FLARING T5 void resistant metal BP :D coming up!

What people aren't understanding is their precious MCP or MDP won't be that rare anymore...

Crime
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 9:01:03 AM

If there is a way to move the mechanics forward gradually then there will be a way to move the critters forward too.

I believe gear base elevation will mean monster elevation ultimately. More challenging environments.

Maybe even a day where sorc's aren't paid to hunt by selling Necro juice for doing what we all do, and we now have wizards will dozens of projects LOL.

The game, quite simply, has changed.

Well Done Team GS!

God
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 10:54:50 AM

@crime Not quite, they still have to balance the game around 4x gear as that's the standard. I think most of you here are too used to the uber gear. I could see "grizzled" or very power versions of monsters in the hunting ground that won't attack unless it's swung at.

Ordim
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 10:59:49 AM

steal the nephlim rift idea from diablo for a hunting ground. Probably require an overhaul of the critter system to make more dynamic critters, but might be worth it for all the stuff they could then do.

HJFudge
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 11:50:03 AM

Well, we wanted silver drains right?

If this is regularly available at merchants for silver, well....

I guess the point is, careful what you wish for :)

allereli
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 11:59:30 AM

@hjfudge said in Initial Feedback on Crit Weighting change.:

Well, we wanted silver drains right?

If this is regularly available at merchants for silver, well....

I guess the point is, careful what you wish for :)

provide it and they will complain!

darconas
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 12:23:21 PM

@archsenex I have to take a very pessimistic view of the "merchant availability" caveat. When they changed enchanting to add the locking, they said they'll also have regular merchants that can "unlock" those failures. 6 or so months later, not a single merchant that i heard of has offered that service. Not a single one to my knowledge.

Forgive me if i don't take them at their word.

Ordim
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 12:24:32 PM

One merchant during the premium fest offered it. Its been very lacking, at least being publicly offered. Duskruin was not the place to try and force this change at.

Naamit
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 1:10:13 PM

@darconas said in Initial Feedback on Crit Weighting change.:

@archsenex I have to take a very pessimistic view of the “merchant availability” caveat. When they changed enchanting to add the locking, they said they’ll also have regular merchants that can “unlock” those failures. 6 or so months later, not a single merchant that i heard of has offered that service. Not a single one to my knowledge.

There was a merchant offering project unlocking about 2 weeks ago.

God
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 1:17:24 PM

@darconas Well, at least the weight & padding services will always be available at the 6 guaranteed events every year. Or... are those 6 events not in silvers? I know DuskRuin, which is one of the 6, is in BloodScrip.

God
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 6:22:07 PM

@wyrom @Estild

Hey guys, I'm mapping out what to do with my project piece and I would like to know what kind of degredation to temporary enhancements - namely Paladin bonding guiding light flares- will be due to the level of weighting.

That is to say as long as we keep it heavy and under will we not see much degradation on flare rate or damage etc.? What about dual weighting? Will the degradation stack if I get both heavy crit and damage weighting?

Also, shouldn't Paladin bonding be exempt from 'temporary enhancement degradation' this isn't really a bard song enhancement, it's quasi-permanent. Also, a work around exists where one could just add flares to a significantly weighted bonded weapon.

P.S. What about warrior double strike flares? will they be affected?

Thank you for any insight. :)