Deleting threads

Parkbandit
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 4:03:38 PM

Do regular users actually have the ability to delete entire threads they start?

Why would you give that ability to just regular users? I could start a thread that turns into a big long discussion.. and just because I don't like the way the thread ended up.. I can delete it?

Doesn't seem right.

Alastir
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 4:09:55 PM

@parkbandit said in Deleting threads:

Why would you give that ability to just regular users? I could start a thread that turns into a big long discussion.. and just because I don't like the way the thread ended up.. I can delete it?

Doesn't seem right.

I like it. Most of us are adults here. I'm sure as with anything, if it starts to become an issue and is abused the situation can be addressed.

Parkbandit
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 4:12:47 PM

@alastir said in Deleting threads:

Doesn't seem right.

I like it. Most of us are adults here. I'm sure as with anything, if it starts to become an issue and is abused the situation can be addressed.

I enjoy your glass half full type approach. I'm like that.. but I've also seen it abused on other forums. Just because you start the thread shouldn't give you the power to abruptly end the thread whenever you desire.

For an admin, obviously there are reasons to have that ability. I just don't believe the random user should have that capability.

Alastir
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 4:14:07 PM

Doesn't seem right.

I enjoy your glass half full type approach. I'm like that.. but I've also seen it abused on other forums. Just because you start the thread shouldn't give you the power to abruptly end the thread whenever you desire.

For an admin, obviously there are reasons to have that ability. I just don't believe the random user should have that capability.

These aren't other forums and shouldn't be judged on what people choose to do on other forums. If you would like to control what other people have the ability to do, you could try starting forums of your own.

Parkbandit
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 4:24:55 PM

Doesn't seem right.

These aren't other forums and shouldn't be judged on what people choose to do on other forums. If you would like to control what other people have the ability to do, you could try starting forums of your own.

Very true.

I'm just a regular user on here.. just bringing it up for discussion since I've seen it abused on other forums.

Alastir
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 4:55:05 PM

Doesn't seem right.

Very true.

I'm just a regular user on here.. just bringing it up for discussion since I've seen it abused on other forums.

Oh, I agree. I've seen many things abused on different forums. Some people abuse the reputation system and all sorts of things.

Parkbandit
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 8:35:23 PM

Doesn't seem right.

Very true.

Oh, I agree. I've seen many things abused on different forums. Some people abuse the reputation system and all sorts of things.

Really? You should report abuse.

I do.