Locking topics

Parkbandit
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 8:33:29 AM

Why are you locking threads? I get it when something gets out of hand and you want to moderate it.. but the signature thread is locked now because we will someday have the ability to remove signatures?

Seems like we're stifling participation and conversation for no real reason. Is there a harm to continuing the conversation I'm not seeing?

ondreian
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 8:36:29 AM

Because it was an accepted proposal & moved to the task queue, there is no need to have any further conversation about it for now. It also allows admins to quickly sort what was said in a finalized proposal to save us headache and not have to sort through extra pages of ancillary information.

when it moves to the primary work task, and implementation details arise, we may reopen it for discussion.

Parkbandit
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 8:40:25 AM

@ondreian said in Locking topics:

Because it was an accepted proposal & moved to the task queue, there is no need to have any further conversation about it for now. It also allows admins to quickly sort what was said in a finalized proposal to save us headache and not have to sort through extra pages of ancillary information.

when it moves to the primary work task, and implementation details arise, we may reopen it for discussion.

Yea, I suppose. I just dislike locking threads in general I guess.. unless it's warranted.

Also, I DO like that the posts that are edited (like yours) are updated in real time.

Methais
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 1:18:58 PM

What about the silvers thread? Could have just told Allereli to stfu instead of locking it.

SpiffyJr
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 2:06:56 PM

Lock this thread. It has served its purpose. ^_^