Adamantine Awesomeness!

Crime
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 9:25:56 AM

Duskruin is selling Adamantine Brig, I think a chain class, MBP, and full plate. I have the brig.

I entered the arena and almost immediately a rare grahnk maneuver gave me an 8 round stun.

A burly grahnk charges into you! ... 20 points of damage! Good blow to your head leaves you confused! You are stunned for 8 rounds!

Rank 3 head wound and rank 2 hand.

I stanced down as my DS dropped well within range to critters. I made it to the last champion before running out of time.

Twice the Adamantine Armor kicked in :)

The kiramon seeker hits you, but her attack bounces harmlessly off of the incredibly hard surface of your scale armor!

The orc champion hits you, but her crowbill shatters into a thousand pieces against the incredibly hard surface of your scale armor!

(note the closed first after :D)

!R> A thickset orc champion swings a closed fist at you! You dodge just in the nick of time! !>am cha left eye You swing a dark sigil-etched blade at a thickset orc champion! AS: +571 vs DS: +249 with AvD: +21 + d100 roll: +47 = +390 ... and hit for 71 points of damage! Upward slash gouges the orc champion's cheek! Left eye lost! Pity.

* Necrotic energy from your sigil-etched blade overflows into you! *

You feel reinvigorated! Roundtime: 6 sec. !R>grin You grin. !R> A thickset orc champion swings a closed fist at you! AS: +381 vs DS: +460 with AvD: +4 + d100 roll: +49 = -26 A clean miss. !R> A thickset orc champion swings a closed fist at you! AS: +381 vs DS: +460 with AvD: +4 + d100 roll: +75 = +0 A clean miss.

Points of note:

+7 off the shelf.

If you want to ensorcell: T1 non fixskilled sorcs was possible as of last DR, but a fixskilled sorc is needed to get to T2, and got mine to T5.

After T5 4x enchant was possible by a 101 spell rank wiz, but went out of range after. Test server suggests potential for 7x with fixskilled wiz.

Tru is enchanting his adamantine scale bp to 5x without ensorcelling, not sure if 6x is manageable without fixskilling the wiz. If you enchant first you will not reach T5. I believe even 1 enchant will make T5 a miracle cast for the best sorc in game, at +7 it was nearly impossible cast.

You can pad admantine. Mine is HCP.

horibu
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 9:51:03 AM

That's some sweet results on the bounce off and the weapon shatter.

Ashraam VanEyre
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 10:27:30 AM

Definitely sounds like ensorcell is the better route if it's impossible to ensorcell higher enchanted adamatine armor. Specifically because it was stated that you will never be able to ensorcell via a merchant, and you can enchant via merchants / PPs and potentially a future DR if the armor becomes too difficult for players to enchant.

Crime
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 10:50:21 AM

@ashraam-vaneyre said in Adamantine Awesomeness!:

Definitely sounds like ensorcell is the better route if it's impossible to ensorcell higher enchanted adamatine armor. Specifically because it was stated that you will never be able to ensorcell via a merchant, and you can enchant via merchants / PPs and potentially a future DR if the armor becomes too difficult for players to enchant.

Depends if you care about 10td. As a rogue I definitely do, as a pure Tru apparently did not. It's very difficult armor to do anything with, so if you do care, ensorcell first is the correct answer :)

Mogonis
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 11:56:59 AM

DS is the best medicine. You don't need adamantine's properties if your DS is high enough to barely get hit or not get hit at all.

God
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 12:02:38 PM

Do Adamantine shields exist? If so, do they have similar abilities like the armor?

Crime
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 12:03:30 PM

@god said in Adamantine Awesomeness!:

Do Adamantine shields exist? If so, do they have similar abilities like the armor?

@God They do, and no idea on their mechanics, but believe it'll be similar. Even the swords will disarm attackers on parry.

Crime
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 12:03:46 PM

@mogonis said in Adamantine Awesomeness!:

DS is the best medicine. You don't need adamantine's properties if your DS is high enough to barely get hit or not get hit at all.

@Mogonis need? I think it's fun :)

I didn't get it to be primary defense, in fact as a capped rogue headed toward 3x dodge I rarely get hit.

Situations do arise! Manuvers that affect your DS as in the example, or invasions where you're I'm going to get hit and I'm going to have a chance to block, disarm, or shatter the weapon. That's something no other material can provide.

Gizmo
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 12:47:46 PM

@god said in Adamantine Awesomeness!:

They do, which I highly suggest getting on a Shield using Paladin or Warrior, instead of Adamantine Armor.

Personally, I don't think adamantine armor is all that great, compared to other armor options out there like zelnorn, or kroderine for a Voln warrior.

My biggest hurdle is finding good robe armor for a rogue, as most of the better armor sorts like Zelnorn etc, require armor to have metal in it. Robes of course, do not

Crime
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 12:54:53 PM

@Gizmo I debated that issue, zelnorn, kroderine, adamantine, and well went with adamantine :)

There's an argument for all types, and I was torn on it vs Zelnorn for the attack strength, kroderine is pointless for anyone that wants to cast spells, except the shield. Adamantine properties to me are more unique so went with it, and at the time couldn't pad Zelnorn, but believe soon you can.

I'd still have chosen Adamantine armor for the chance to live vs attack strength boost :)

I'd get either a kroderine shield or adamantine shield if I was in the market for a shield, though I'd definitely opt for the kroderine for the immunity to spells.

God
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 1:09:44 PM

Kroderine shields give you a TD boost?

Gizmo
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 1:11:32 PM

@crime said in Adamantine Awesomeness!:

@Gizmo I debated that issue, zelnorn, kroderine, adamantine, and well went with adamantine :)

There's an argument for all types, and I was torn on it vs Zelnorn for the attack strength, kroderine is pointless for anyone that wants to cast spells, except the shield. Adamantine properties to me are more unique so went with it, and at the time couldn't pad Zelnorn, but believe soon you can.

I'd still have chosen Adamantine armor for the chance to live vs attack strength boost :)

I'd get either a kroderine shield or adamantine shield if I was in the market for a shield, though I'd definitely opt for the kroderine for the immunity to spells.

Yeah for me it's gonna be a bitch, since I like robes on the rogue.

If I was in brig I'd just get zelnorn brig.

I am eyeballing some self mana camo robes here in Plat, but that will be a work in progress to get

Crime
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 1:24:22 PM

@Gizmo Still 15% slippery mind in brig :), which is the reason I got the brig vs heavier armor. If you're after AS then Zelnorn is the option, spell immunity Kroderine, and Adamantine if you want melee avoidance!

Gizmo
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 3:44:54 PM

@Gizmo Still 15% slippery mind in brig :), which is the reason I got the brig vs heavier armor. If you're after AS then Zelnorn is the option, spell immunity Kroderine, and Adamantine if you want melee avoidance!

Slippery mind is good, but I use predator's eye since I hurl daggers. And since my rogue uses stealth, I find other armor properties somewhat useless...Heck, it took a bit for me to finally end up buying forest armor at DR since the price was good.

If I ever move out of robes, I'll likely use zelnorn armor

Crime
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 4:12:52 PM

@Gizmo High AS is a great goal!, but you'll never know the awesomeness of Adamantine =P

Mogonis
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 4:15:50 PM

Adamantine makes me think of Wolverine, and that breaks my immersion. That's why I didn't buy the adamantine (vuiltite) katana.

Gizmo
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 4:16:04 PM

@Gizmo High AS is a great goal!, but you'll never know the awesomeness of Adamantine =P

Nah I know of it, I just don't prefer it over a rogue.

The point of my rogue is to not be seen or get hit/activate an armor flare in that manner.

Ososis
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 4:17:41 PM

My issue with adamantine is the same issue I have with disarm, that critters are trained in ALL weapon types, so unless you shatter a maul/lance/claid they are gonna be pretty much just as dangerous as when they had a weapon.

Mogonis
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 4:28:15 PM

There's also the high weight and low enchant.

Vishra
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 6:52:38 PM

I had no idea you could ensorcell and enchant adamantine! THANK YOU for this!

Crime
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 9:41:02 PM

@vishra said in Adamantine Awesomeness!:

I had no idea you could ensorcell and enchant adamantine! THANK YOU for this!

At +7 base it's workable, but gets fixed on a path as soon as you start so to speak (as I mentioned above). Ensorcell first if you plan to do it, take it to T5 before you enchant, and you'll need the best in the Lands, beast mode, Nubunga! Other sorcs could do it if they maintained max sorc ranks too, but typically do not.

Pioneer
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 8:23:14 PM

This weapon destruction ability sounds really cool. It sounds like the other metals have special properties as well. Can anyone provide a high level summary of the of benefits and disadvantages of these special metals at DR (adamanatine, zeltorhn, kroderine, etc) for the uneducated? Thanks in advance.

Ososis
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 8:44:52 PM

these are all listed on the wiki.