Infurating Arena!

Mogonis
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 12:47:40 PM

``` An announcer shouts, "Round 23, send in another one!" An iron portcullis is raised and a horned kobold servant enters the arena!

You appraise the situation and notice the kobold servant may push you into a lit torch, you could try to duck down!

You set yourself up to duck out of the kobold servant's way!

ambush serv head You fail to find an opening for your right-handed strike. Roundtime: 10 sec.

A horned kobold servant raises her fists to the sky.

A horned kobold servant claps her hands together in front of you! A horned kobold servant hurls a small surge of electricity at you! AS: +527 vs DS: +595 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +40 = +8 A clean miss.

ambush serv head You fail to find an opening for your right-handed strike. Roundtime: 10 sec.

A horned kobold servant claps her hands together in front of you! A horned kobold servant hurls a stream of water at you! AS: +527 vs DS: +595 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +98 = +55 A clean miss.

ambush serv head You fail to find an opening for your right-handed strike. Roundtime: 10 sec. ```

Evarin
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 1:22:00 PM

I didn't think it was possible to wiff like that at your level. Is that because of the level difference between you and the creature?

Mogonis
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 1:27:51 PM

I think a lot of it is that I'm Giantman and some of the arena critters are small, like crabs and lizards, and possibly the kobold servants. I haven't appraised them to gauge their level, but that could be a factor.

I understand RNG adding chaos and failures/fumbles, but 10 seconds to fail when a success is only 6 seconds seems ridiculous, at least in the arena. The log above is a full 30 seconds I got nothing done.

Evarin
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 1:33:32 PM

Ambush is a poorly developed skill IMO. It punishes those who are at low level inappropriately, and eventually moves to having no penalties at all other than the oddities you pointed out. It could use a once over.

Ososis
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 2:16:05 PM

I think the 10rt fail has been labeled a perm bug. It's NOT supposed to happen. But it sure does.

Mogonis
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 2:22:04 PM

@wyrom fixxxxxxxx it!

Wyrom
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 3:37:40 PM

That's not a bug with the arena.

Mogonis
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 6:31:30 PM

Well, indirectly. I'm a capped warrior with max Ambush, and the arena is the only place in the game I encounter critters that I fail to find an opening to strike. I've never failed on bandits. I don't consider the failure to be a bug, but the 10 RT seems excessive.

Roblar
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 7:06:51 PM

Cerebralites?

Anyway, rt on those misses is worse when TWC :/