Official: Duskruin Padding/Weighting Costs

Evarin
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 3:17:52 AM

QUOTE From GM Zissu: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Duskruin%20Arena/view/7209

Hi all,

We're pretty excited to announce details on the Weighting/Padding/Sighting mechanics (RSN!), but I know there was some concern for planning bloodscrip earnings so I wanted to drop by and give some very rough guidelines on cost. These are JUST guidelines, and what I give here will probably raise more questions that I won't be able to answer until later, so best to not make assumptions.

For padding a plain jane 6x armor: Using 20 'services' will cost you 6125 bloodscrip Using all 25 'services' will cost you 13825 bloodscrip

For padding 6x armor with some TD and some resistances: Using 20 'services' will cost you 10500 bloodscrip Using all 25 'services' will cost you 23681 bloodscrip

For weighting legit vorpal sword of doom (I'm talking borderline unobtainable stats): Using 20 'services' will cost you 27765 bloodscrip Using all 25 'services' will cost you 62700 bloodscrip

Happy Duskruin'ing!

Zissu - Combat and Magic Systems Dev Lackey

Evarin
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 3:20:02 AM

QUOTE From GM Zissu: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Duskruin%20Arena/view/7212

Can you confirm a "service" is 1 pt of pad/weight/sight?

Cumulative - Yes. These are the summed cost of those amount of services.

Can confirm it is not 1pt of pad/weight/sight as you know it today, but that's all I'll say for now.

Mogonis
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 3:47:11 AM

That...helps a little.

Ordim
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 7:15:35 AM

I LOVE ME SOME RUMOURING AND SPECULATING! 1) Its a % chance to ADD +X padding/sighting/weighting, each service may not be successful! 2) its +.5 points! 3) go home Ordim you're drunk!

GS4Menos
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 8:05:49 AM

I'm going to throw in my guess.

The new weighting system can modify either the max possible padding on a hit or the minimum possible padding on a hit. There will be some sort of progression for each additional tier of padding that changes one or the other. Old padding stays at the same max/min it already is.

First rank gives 1 max, 0 minimum. Second rank is 2/0, third rank is 2/1 fourth rank is 3/0, 3/1, 4/0, 4/1, 4/2, 5/0 and so on. Exact values may be different, but that sort of progression.

Ordim
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 8:08:22 AM

That is an interesting take on it, I always forget about the variable nature of padding.

ArchSenex
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 8:52:33 AM

Keep in mind that 10 points on plain 6x gear caused people to flip their holy shit around the price, so 13825 for 25 Services will probably not result in ten points.

Originate
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 9:43:42 AM

I think it'll be 5 points max, with each "service" providing .2 of a point.

ArchSenex
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 9:47:23 AM

Or it's like enchanting. One is needed for one point two for two etc

Alastir
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 10:11:52 AM

@archsenex said in Official: Duskruin Padding/Weighting Costs:

Keep in mind that 10 points on plain 6x gear caused people to flip their holy shit around the price, so 13825 for 25 Services will probably not result in ten points.

I was wondering if anyone would notice that.

I'll add my thoughts on the subject:
* They like to limit things to +5 (TD, Enchanting, Acuity) * 6x HCP starting at 15k was not supposed to happen, but it was priced at 15k. * I don't think they're going to offer 6x HCP for 13825 bloodscrip.

@originate said in Official: Duskruin Padding/Weighting Costs: * I think it’ll be 5 points max, with each “service” providing .2 of a point.

I think this is a strong possibility.

But I think the crit padding ranges as we know them are going bye bye. * HCP as we know it will start at 25-50 points instead of 10 points. * If the range is 25-50, this allows someone to add "25 points" of crit padding, but only receive the bottom of the bottom HCP. * It also allows someone to add 25 points to an already 25 point armor, and still remain in the "heavy critical" range. * The option to add MCP is gone. * Everyone who didn't push padding in previous runs is screwed over. * Everyone who did add padding in previous runs now has a huge advantage over everyone else because the armor is never going to be created again with the "25 service" limit.

Originate
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 7:59:15 AM

So, any update on this? Is it expected to still be released this run?

0zymandius
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 8:37:38 AM

@originate said in Official: Duskruin Padding/Weighting Costs:

So, any update on this? Is it expected to still be released this run?

We've been assured that it's 'close'. Haven't heard anything about the expectation of a run during this release being changed.

And more and more I'm understanding why @Wyrom is so hesitant to talk about anything that's in progress until it's all the way done.

Ordim
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 8:40:59 AM

It's disappointing that they are forced into such a terrible development cycle. Its been explained that they spend time figuring out the math and balance of the change first so no coding. Once that is done (seems to take the longest if no other issues.) They then go into the coding phase and it's basically "God help us who knows what we might find". This in no small part was probably caused by the "employment" structure of Simutronics and probably didn't have very good if any coding practices to keep things somewhat standardized. The tenacity and creativity of the GMs is certainly praise worthy, but its not fair to have put them in that spot to begin with.

Evarin
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 8:42:18 AM

I understand they don't want to run Duskruin forever, but I would like to see an extension of DR for some amount of time to account for the delay in the full offerings provided.

ArchSenex
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 8:47:24 AM

@ordim said in Official: Duskruin Padding/Weighting Costs:

It's disappointing that they are forced into such a terrible development cycle. Its been explained that they spend time figuring out the math and balance of the change first so no coding. Once that is done (seems to take the longest if no other issues.) They then go into the coding phase and it's basically "God help us who knows what we might find". This in no small part was probably caused by the "employment" structure of Simutronics and probably didn't have very good if any coding practices to keep things somewhat standardized. The tenacity and creativity of the GMs is certainly praise worthy, but its not fair to have put them in that spot to begin with.

The amount of Spaghetti in a 30 year old code base must be mind-boggling, and it's not just one code base, but a scripting code base injected inside of the actual host program, so not only do they have to code it for GSL but also around any limitations on the host, because I'm pretty sure the host-code is untouchable at this point.

0zymandius
Thursday, August 24th, 2017, 8:51:57 AM

This will all be fixed in Gemstone V. They'll rewrite the entire game from the ground up using revenue from Simucoin sales, setting it all up to function seamlessly. And then the world will end the day before it's released.

Ososis
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 5:56:25 AM

@0zymandius said in Official: Duskruin Padding/Weighting Costs:

And then the world will end the day before it's released.

Wow, so soon?

Evarin
Sunday, September 3rd, 2017, 6:51:44 PM

Quote from GM Estild: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Duskruin%20Arena/view/8272

Roblar Is the above strictly related to script (mostly fluff) that were impacting smithy pricing, or is the mentioned review for Ithzir armor script smithy pricing separate? I noticed that Voln armor saw a decline in padding surcharge and have already paid for padding on Ithzir scripted plate so I'm just wondering if an assist is required if the review also ends with a surcharge reduction?

No, it's for all scripts. Just ask the smithy or assistant ABOUT SPECIAL while holding the scripted item and they will tell you if your script has been reviewed or not. If not, you can submit a BUGITEM to flag it for review. If it was reviewed, you can ask for an estimate and compare to what you paid last time to determine if you overpaid or not. If you overpaid, you can ASSIST to request a refund for the difference.

As Wyrom previously noted, if your script provides a strong mechanical advantage, it's unlikely that the price will have lowered. Things like ethereal strings and Ithzir armor (at any tier) are not minor. For things like Voln armor, it's not that strong starting out, so its surcharge is based upon how many unlocks it has.

GameMaster Estild

Evarin
Sunday, September 3rd, 2017, 6:56:31 PM

Quote from GM Zissu: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Duskruin%20Arena/view/8279 (8280)

Assessing claids and katanas with added damage weighing is now more accurate. Double messaging to third party observers should also be resolved.

The smithy had a lapse in judgement for about the last hour or so. He is now back to normal. If he overcharged you in that time, please assist and we'll refund the difference.

archigeek
Sunday, September 3rd, 2017, 10:25:57 PM

@evarin the "ask about special" thing has missed a lot of things. After getting the all clear via that question, my armor cost has changed twice. I received a refund from a very patient, and tired, GM.

Evarin
Sunday, September 3rd, 2017, 10:30:05 PM

Sorry to hear. I haven't ever been to Duskruin. Sold all my good gear long ago.