Wholesale 50ct Booklets

Sacru
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 6:05:47 PM

Edit: All set. Thanks!

beldannon5
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 6:21:29 PM

hmm. you get 28 for 1000 /3 would be 84 books. 500m x 6m silvers is 3000 dollars. so wouldn't they be taking a big loss. I know i should mind my business but is my math wrong?

Alastir
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 6:30:01 PM

@beldannon5 said in Wholesale 50ct Booklets:

hmm. you get 28 for 1000 /3 would be 84 books. 500m x 6m silvers is 3000 dollars. so wouldn't they be taking a big loss. I know i should mind my business but is my math wrong?

No, your math is correct.

Mogonis
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 6:45:31 PM

I wish Sacru was my sugar daddy. And that I was an 18-year-old blonde bombshell trophy wife.

Fromer
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 6:51:31 PM

@mogonis What an amazingly honest statement :)

Sacru
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 6:54:07 PM

@beldannon5 @Alastir your assumptions are all based on a retail market. Which is why I was very clear in the post title that this is a wholesale purchase request. Don't deal with 100 different buyers and 100 different schedules. One and done. This has nothing to do with math, and everything to do with convenience.

I honestly don't expect to find a seller, but would not be surprised if something comes out of the woodwork, privately.

Sacru
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 6:55:05 PM

@fromer said in Wholesale 50ct Booklets:

@mogonis What an amazingly honest statement :)

Lol'd

beldannon5
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 6:58:37 PM

okay wholesale is good milking the crap out of someone who might not do math well is awful. :) Not saying you were doing that just that the wholesale was way beyond wholesale

Sacru
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 7:02:03 PM

okay wholesale is good milking the crap out of someone who might not do math well is awful. :) Not saying you were doing that just that the wholesale was way beyond wholesale

I'm not forcing anyone to sell them to me. Offer is out there for anyone who finds value in my request. Honestly just testing the waters.

What is worse: "gouging" a single willing and assumedly wealthy seller, or gouging 100 buyers living on average income at $7.50-8 per? It can go both ways, and so long as it's a consensual transaction, who could argue with that?

Alastir
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 7:21:13 PM

@sacru said in Wholesale 50ct Booklets:

I'm not forcing anyone to sell them to me. Offer is out there for anyone who finds value in my request. Honestly just testing the waters.

What is worse: "gouging" a single willing and assumedly wealthy seller, or gouging 100 buyers living on average income at $7.50-8 per? It can go both ways, and so long as it's a consensual transaction, who could argue with that?

I don't know who you expect to accept this deal.

You're asking someone to sell you $4000 worth of something, and offering them $3000 for it.

If anyone wants to give away $1000, I'll make this same offer as @Sacru.

Those silvers would have to sell for $8/million to break even, and they're nowhere close to that.

Sacru
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 7:44:55 PM

@alastir I can appreciate the way that you price your items, and what you put out there in terms of what you yourself are willing to pay for things that you want. I get what you're doing, and is beneficial to the perceived value of silver. There is no doubt of that.

If nobody goes for my offer, its not going to stop me from buying the books. I'll just be paying slightly more for them. Simu will get the same amount either way, so what do they care?

If someone does go for my offer, then I have provided a valuable service, clearly, or the hypothetical transaction would not have happened in the first place.

How can you argue with that?

Sacru
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 7:47:50 PM

@alastir you are making another false assumption, which is that the seller intends to make an immediate profit. Which is short-sighted, in my humble opinion.

Sabotage
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 7:52:45 PM

@sacru he is saying that person would be better off just buying silvers at the going rate if they weren't looking to resell.

Sacru
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 8:02:45 PM

@sabotage Then they should do that, rather than taking my offer. You guys are killing me here. This is a wanted folder, not a Most Wanted folder. Chill! Duskruin starts in one hour!!! Party time!!!!

Sabotage
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 8:06:16 PM

@sacru Just give them to me then. They'll be worthless in a year anyways.

Sacru
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 8:08:18 PM

@sabotage said in Wholesale 50ct Booklets:

I'll just let @Alastir respond to that one.

Alastir
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 8:13:43 PM

At first I thought you might have typo'd the offer. Then I realized that no, you're actually offering $1000 less than what something is worth (right now).

The fact that you're going to buy either way is irrelevant to the offer you made.

I was just looking for confirmation that you're aware of what you're offering, and apparently you're more than aware that you're basically asking someone to give you $1000 worth of something for free.

Alastir
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 8:14:46 PM

@alastir said in Wholesale 50ct Booklets:

At first I thought you might have typo'd the offer. Then I realized that no, you're actually offering $1000 less than what something is worth (right now).

The fact that you're going to buy either way is irrelevant to the offer you made.

I was just looking for confirmation that you're aware of what you're offering, and apparently you're more than aware that you're basically asking someone to give you $1000 worth of something for free.

A fair offer would have been 666 million for the 100 books you're asking for.

Mogonis
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 8:28:40 PM

Get off his back, good god.

Sacru
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 8:28:44 PM

@alastir I know you like to argue, and you're also a very smart guy, and very capable of crafting a solid argument. I have nothing against you whatsoever, so I've nothing further to say except that your math better be perfect if you're going to accuse someone else of getting it wrong.

Sacru
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 8:30:40 PM

@alastir said in Wholesale 50ct Booklets:

A fair offer would have been 666 million for the 100 books you're asking for.

You know me well...

But no.

Alastir
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 8:35:28 PM

It was less an argument and more just a good ribbing.

Sacru
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 8:04:04 PM

Wound up just going the Simucoin route, which puts me at about 594.64m for the 100 booklets once they are all technically purchased. My math may be wrong.

This meme made me think of your strangely convincing pricing recommendation though, @Alastir lol.

alt text

BriarFox
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 10:09:06 PM

No one would sell even at a break-even price. To get the price you paid, even, you have to buy them yourself -- which is, unsurprisingly, what you did.

Sacru
Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 1:35:25 AM

@briarfox said in Wholesale 50ct Booklets:

No one would sell even at a break-even price. To get the price you paid, even, you have to buy them yourself -- which is, unsurprisingly, what you did.

Looking back it, was a pretty dumb request. I'm a hopeful thinker.