Official: Duskruin Teaser-The Night Shroud

Evarin
Thursday, August 17th, 2017, 3:07:07 PM

Introducing, The Night Shroud!

As you swathe yourself in the blackened cloak, it seemingly shifts as it takes on a darker hue.

As an Ithzir adept attacks you a cyclone of shadows emerge from your blackened cloak. The shadows swirl around in an attempt to conceal you! You attempt to blend with the surroundings, and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.

About

This uses the hide system and will take into account the normal factors. It can flare/proc on cast or attack from a creature.

Those with at least 1x in hiding will get different messaging on some of the verbs.

The item has 1 fluff tier and up to 5 auction tiers. They are separate unlock paths.

Each auction unlock gives you a 1% chance to have your cloak attempt to hide you. This starts at 0% without any unlocks and maxes out at 5% at a maximum.

Where do I buy it?

They are somewhere in Bloodriven Village...

They won't be cheap and the unlocks are even less so. There will only be up to the 3rd auction unlock available this Duskruin; all of which will be a limited quantity.

Good luck!

Retser, ASGM

Mogonis
Thursday, August 17th, 2017, 3:09:57 PM

Well, the grammar could be better/corrected.

I'd want one if it were a jacket.

Alastir
Thursday, August 17th, 2017, 3:23:18 PM

@evarin Add the duskruin tag please.

BriarFox
Thursday, August 17th, 2017, 3:35:03 PM

So neat, but honestly, starting at 0% and capping at a (currently impossible to reach) 5% makes them mostly just fluff.

ArchSenex
Thursday, August 17th, 2017, 3:49:22 PM

They're not on the armor slot though, so it's another slot machine layer.

Evarin
Thursday, August 17th, 2017, 4:03:13 PM

A flat 5% chance to negate attacks is pretty sweet for those properly trained, especially as it's a cloak-based buff and not armor.

Destrier
Thursday, August 17th, 2017, 5:18:38 PM

Well, being an ithzir armor owner. I certainly hope the unlocking is more frequent on the shroud than armor has been in the past.

Aurach

ArchSenex
Thursday, August 17th, 2017, 6:29:49 PM

@destrier said in Official: Duskruin Teaser-The Night Shroud:

Well, being an ithzir armor owner. I certainly hope the unlocking is more frequent on the shroud than armor has been in the past.

Aurach

But you need something to look forward to working on after your ithzir is capped.

Destrier
Thursday, August 17th, 2017, 8:29:24 PM

At one chance per year, it is unlikely any will be capping Ithziri armor anytime soon. With 9 tiers able to be unlocked:)

Alastir
Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 6:31:24 PM

* * * * It uses the same mechanics as vanish and requires hiding skill. * * *

Evarin
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 2:00:10 PM

Quote from GM Retser: http://forums.play.net/forums/19/218/3267/view/7673

I went back into the shop and changed all the cloaks off the shelf to be max light and deep.

If you purchased one and it is not max light deep yet, please place an assist and someone will apply it to yours.

If you purchased one and used waivers to L/D, please place an assist and someone will replace the used waivers as well as max L/D it.

Retser, ASGM

This message was originally posted in Paid Events: Adventures, Quests, and SimuCoins, Duskruin Arena. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/218/3267/view/7673

Evarin
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 2:34:27 PM

Quote from Retser: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Duskruin%20Arena/view/7677

(RE: The possibility of adding the Night Shroud scripting via a cert to existing cloaks)

It'd have to remain on a cloak. I'm not sure when/if a cert would be available for application to existing. I'll look into it.

Retser, ASGM

Mogonis
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 2:40:11 PM

Lame. Cloaks are billowy and dumb! I'd put it on my sleek jacket.

Evarin
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 2:53:45 PM

@mogonis said in Official: Duskruin Teaser-The Night Shroud:

Lame. Cloaks are billowy and dumb! I'd put it on my sleek jacket.

They have a duster. I think they mean it'd have to stay on a cloak worn item, not so much the noun "cloak"

Here's all the choices.

a lengthy olive-hued duster adorned with a solitary onyx cloak worn

a moth-eaten pumpkin orange cotton duster

a simple crimson-splotched silk cape

a grass-stained brocade cape with parallel-threaded accents

a soft ecru linen cloak with detailed bright red hemming

a long cream and ochre velvet cloak

a milky purple damask greatcloak with a tentacle-shaped clasp

a mithglin-buttoned billowing black greatcloak

Mogonis
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 3:23:15 PM

Jacket or death!

Evarin
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017, 5:49:21 PM

Quote from GM Rester: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Duskruin%20Arena/view/8036

Hey all, the Night Shroud cloak will no longer cost you stamina when it hides you. That was unintended and has been removed.

Retser, ASGM

Mogonis
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017, 5:51:36 PM

Heh, unintended...but hiding doesn't cost stamina, so it was intentionally added?

Evarin
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017, 5:52:40 PM

Probably using code from Vanish or something.