Disarm

rolfard
Sunday, August 13th, 2017, 3:34:00 PM

Recent discussions regarding disarm in order to reduce the item loss mechanic has me wondering about the CMAN disarm. My pure is trained for disarm specifically to prevent item loss. Beginning with SoS 'updated' disarm, it seems I may be able to re-allocate those points soon if i'm only training to prevent an item loss mechanic. Are there any proposals to change the player-version CMAN disarm we can expect, either offensive trickiness or defensive buffs to new disarm moves like the weapon-to-snake ability in SoS?

Thanks

Khariz
Monday, August 14th, 2017, 2:53:32 PM

There is a disarm review under foot according to posts on the Officials. But it sounds like it's an RSN thing for now.

Ragz
Monday, August 14th, 2017, 3:03:06 PM

Does training in cman disarm not provide defense against the weapon-snake thing?

Khariz
Monday, August 14th, 2017, 3:04:10 PM

I doubt it. I get hit by that on the regular, but it was functionally impossible for me to be disarmed with regular disarm.

Sabotage
Monday, August 14th, 2017, 5:37:58 PM

@khariz open rolls, no one is immune., technically a kobold could disarm you.

Roblar
Monday, August 14th, 2017, 5:46:54 PM

@sabotage I was going to reply to that too but "functionally" ;)

As in basically impossibly (but not actually!)

Ordim
Monday, August 14th, 2017, 6:09:53 PM

Multiple dev's have stressed that permanent item loss will be removed, but not disarm meaning "weapon leaves your hand". So expect to keep training disarm to help keep your weapon in your hand.

Sabotage
Sunday, November 12th, 2017, 7:25:03 AM

@Wyrom alt text