A way to see which sub-forums have new posts

Durakar
Sunday, August 13th, 2017, 1:48:54 PM

I like to look at Marketplace and see which sub-forums within that one have new posts so I can check them out. It's a hassle to go through each one checking for any new posts, or to peruse the Unread lists (and this will only get worse as more posts are made here).

Any chance we can get something similar to how the PC does it where we can see the sub-forums that have new posts?

Sunday, August 13th, 2017, 2:15:56 PM

@durakar It's first on our to-do list: https://forums.elanthia.online/topic/125/current-development-efforts-backlog

Sunday, August 13th, 2017, 2:16:50 PM

Although, yesterday the view was adjusted to make the individual threads a little easier to sift through on a particular category.

Sabotage
Sunday, August 13th, 2017, 3:27:28 PM

You can set your homepage to the marketplace from settings>homepage. You will get exactly what you want, but you will have to click for recent posts and such.

Durakar
Sunday, August 13th, 2017, 3:32:28 PM

@sabotage That was exactly what I was looking for! Thank you.

An 'easy' fix to the forum as a whole could be making such pages accessible by clicking on the main category heading or having a dropdown from the category button at the top.

Sabotage
Sunday, August 13th, 2017, 3:39:46 PM

@durakar I think that went away with the recent update, pretty sure you could before.

Sunday, August 13th, 2017, 4:43:13 PM

@sabotage

Let me try messing around with some settings live, in the system, in production. Because that's how I do things (Don't tell @ondreian)

Sunday, August 13th, 2017, 4:51:47 PM

Is that what you were looking for? you should now be able to click into Marketplace to see all sub-category most recent posts. I removed the standard users' authority from posting to the category, but it should at least be click-able now.... I'll likely tackle the others for the other categorical objects... I don't think we have inhereted permissions set up, but we'll see soon enough, won't we!

Sabotage
Sunday, August 13th, 2017, 4:52:52 PM

@whirlin Yes, I believe that is what he was looking for. Now do whatever you did to the other topics!

Durakar
Sunday, August 13th, 2017, 4:56:48 PM

@whirlin Yup, that's what I was seeking.

Sunday, August 13th, 2017, 4:59:07 PM

@sabotage Probably tonight.

Monday, August 14th, 2017, 8:48:14 AM

This should be all set now.