Other games??

Maylan
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 2:54:20 PM

There are no other games than Gemstone. They don't exist. Dragon Realms is a figment of our imagination.

alt text

Mogonis
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 2:57:00 PM

Other than the games Maylan plays with my heart.

Friday, August 11th, 2017, 9:56:27 PM

A bunch of us have a little guild over on TERA, which is a F2P game available via steam. Korean game, think of MMO Monster Hunter style. Lots of gratuitous T&A fanservice. But honestly, gameplay makes up for it.

ArchSenex
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 10:07:03 PM

I was never able to get into TERA, although I really only played it right when it had the NA launch. My go-to for modern MMO is FFXIV

peam
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 10:07:30 PM

There are other games?

Friday, August 11th, 2017, 10:11:32 PM

@archsenex said in Other games??:

I was never able to get into TERA, although I really only played it right when it had the NA launch. My go-to for modern MMO is FFXIV

Yeah, it originally had a ridiculous grind... they've nerfed it significantly every step of the way... If you bought it when it was still a paid sub based game, you end up with founder privileges and whatnot, which are nice.

Doesn't FFXIV have a sub? I played FFXI until they increased the level caps.

ArchSenex
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 10:39:21 PM

@whirlin said in Other games??:

Yeah, it originally had a ridiculous grind... they've nerfed it significantly every step of the way... If you bought it when it was still a paid sub based game, you end up with founder privileges and whatnot, which are nice.

Doesn't FFXIV have a sub? I played FFXI until they increased the level caps.

Yeah, FFXIV Is one of the few that still manages a subscription model (you can buy mounts and cosmetic outfits as part of microtrans). They've actually been growing, pretty cool given that the game was initially doomed. I like XIV because it has a heavy narrative based approach, and I really need a good story in my games (something that GS frequently lacks, honestly).

Saturday, August 12th, 2017, 9:57:24 AM

Yeah, FFXIV Is one of the few that still manages a subscription model (you can buy mounts and cosmetic outfits as part of microtrans). They've actually been growing, pretty cool given that the game was initially doomed. I like XIV because it has a heavy narrative based approach, and I really need a good story in my games (something that GS frequently lacks, honestly).

I hear you... I played FFXI for about 7 years or so, ridiculous grindfest, etc. So, I can only hold FFXIV to the same caliber... but got so burned out when they raised the level cap and instantly started gear inflation AFTER 7 years that it was time to call it quits. Did a stint back in WotLK and Cataclysm, and then came back to Gemstone full time.

Our TERA guild is Hand of the Arkati, as a btw.

Maetriks
Monday, August 14th, 2017, 8:32:29 AM

@whirlin said in Other games??:

I hear you... I played FFXI for about 7 years or so, ridiculous grindfest, etc. So, I can only hold FFXIV to the same caliber... but got so burned out when they raised the level cap and instantly started gear inflation AFTER 7 years that it was time to call it quits. Did a stint back in WotLK and Cataclysm, and then came back to Gemstone full time.

Our TERA guild is Hand of the Arkati, as a btw.

Surprised face