A thread for people who finished a Post-Cap goal Today

Alastir
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 2:37:28 PM

gld

You are Guild Master of the Wizard Guild. You are current with your dues and must check in again sometime in the next 82 days. You currently have 81 task trading vouchers. You currently have 186 ranks out of a possible 372 for your training.

You are a Master of General Alchemy.

You are a Master of Alchemic Potions.

You are a Master of Alchemic Trinkets.

GS4Menos
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 3:08:37 PM

That is impressive. I think 3 ranks is the highest I have made it in an alchemy skill.

mark
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 6:38:52 PM

Shield Use.........................| 201 101 101

First big goal achieved. Now to finish up CM from 70 ranks. By my calculations, a bit under 2m XP after that to achieve the huge goal of 3x spell research, once CM is done.

Also, still kinda shocked that I haven't slowed down yet. I get the feeling that the SR slog will do it, though.

Leafiara
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 7:03:29 PM

My empath hit 303 Physical Fitness yesterday! No clue what her next goal will be, but I think it'll be a long way off since empaths have a variety of things worth training to 1x or hitting certain lore thresholds, with no rush to max any one thing out.

@mark said in A thread for people who finished a Post-Cap goal Today:

Also, still kinda shocked that I haven't slowed down yet. I get the feeling that the SR slog will do it, though.

I jotted down a list of things I could do with 192 PTPs instead of getting +1 cleric CS, died a little inside when suddenly 14.77 ranks of Stalking & Hiding looked kinda appealing just so I could mess around in TSC, and decided I'd be fine with Leafiara getting to 488 CS (159/40/40 spells) and staying there forever!

...but after some more thought I figured I'll train cheap things like 2x First Aid and 2x Survival that are quick enough to feel a sense of progress, even if I don't get much tangible benefit, and then fixskill out much later to push CS all in one go.

Ososis
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 7:09:28 PM

@leafiara

My MO is to get little victories, then when I'm in for a long slog I untrain those little ones to throw into the big one, then repeat. It makes me feel more productive though I realize that's a lie.

Roblar
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 7:45:46 PM

@ososis

(http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/034/053/Thecakeisalie.jpg)

mark
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 7:59:52 PM

@leafiara said in A thread for people who finished a Post-Cap goal Today:

…but after some more thought I figured I’ll train cheap things like 2x First Aid and 2x Survival that are quick enough to feel a sense of progress, even if I don’t get much tangible benefit, and then fixskill out much later to push CS all in one go.

I might do that once I hit 500 CS unboosted. For some reason, that particular number holds a lot of weight with me. Plus, my plan of going 1/1/1 in all 3 circles to finish things up means I'll be getting tangible CS benefits regularly in the 100's and 200's.

Still, I'll probably be taking a break at 500 CS to, say, finish 1x survival, or get spirit lore up to the next 116 range cutoff.

Maylan
Wednesday, August 16th, 2017, 12:01:22 AM

Someday I'll finish 3x spells.....Maybe by the time Gemstone V rolls out.

Leafiara
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 5:56:09 PM

Edged Weapons......................| 201 101

Ahhh, done with this. I don't actually see myself using OHEs other than for random fun with my Iasha weapons, but I was never satisfied with the fact that I fixskilled out of them around level 54. I don't like removing something that was a part of her character.

Roblar
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 7:04:41 PM

Edged Weapons......................| 201 101

Ahhh, done with this. I don't actually see myself using OHEs other than for random fun with my Iasha weapons, but I was never satisfied with the fact that I fixskilled out of them around level 54. I don't like removing something that was a part of her character.

Ha, am the same

Leafiara
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 8:37:44 PM

My paladin since two days ago: In the skill of forging - one handed blunt, you are a master with 500 ranks.

My empath since today: In the skill of forging - two handed weapons, you are a master with 500 ranks.

And now we wait for Ebon Gate, since I'll put silver into the slab generator (assuming that's still an option) but I'm sure not putting bloodscrip in.

Ososis
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 8:49:36 PM

My paladin since two days ago: In the skill of forging - one handed blunt, you are a master with 500 ranks.

My empath since today: In the skill of forging - two handed weapons, you are a master with 500 ranks.

And now we wait for Ebon Gate, since I'll put silver into the slab generator (assuming that's still an option) but I'm sure not putting bloodscrip in.

How much is the EG generator? 25k pops into my head but lots of wrong things do that. May be worthwhile to buy BS with silvers is my thought.

horibu
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 9:07:00 PM

It was 25k last run. It's 5 BS per pull here. At 1500 silvers per BS rate, that's 7500 silvers per pull compared to EG's 25k. Much better to just take your silvers and buy some BS to use for pulling slabs.

Ordim
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 9:07:13 PM

Yeah, it was 25k per use last year. It's 5bs in Duskruin

ArchSenex
Friday, August 25th, 2017, 9:31:39 PM

Yay for math!

1 Booklet = 50 Runs * 250 Scrip Per Run = 12,500 Scrip / 5 Per Ore = 2500 Chances * 25,000 EG Price = 62,500,000 Silvers.

62,500,000 Silvers / 12,500 Scrip = 5000. as long as you buy scrip at no mor ethan 5,000 Silvers per, it's better to use scrip.

Edit: Yes, I COULD just use 1 trade on the 25,000, but it's more fun to calculate out an entire booklet.

Leafiara
Saturday, August 26th, 2017, 6:22:55 AM

Hmm, okay then, I'll give it a go when Duskruin's wrapping up!