Merchant Reputation, etc.

Kalros
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 5:47:22 PM

We are going to need to come up with a system to figure out who are trustworthy buyer/sellers. I don't know who anyone is anymore so I basically will have to use PCforums as a check on users.

This mostly just occurred to me as I asked some guy to send me $$$ on paypal. He probably doesn't know who I am and I don't know who he is. Skeptical bear says hello.

Are we thinking of any solutions for this?

Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 5:56:14 PM

We still have similar controls in place as what their was on the PC. Rep was easilly game-able there, and didn't really relate to people's merchanting prowess. We can xref low post count entities against known accounts to verify they're not alts, look for references, and I can always reference players corner for historical information on sales, or we can use someone else as an intermediary. And if something happens, we can always fall to forwarding information to GMs should it reach a point that they need to get involved (super last resort... They don't want to). But, standing up a feedback thread would be a great start.

Kalros
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 6:01:38 PM

@whirlin said in Merchant Reputation, etc.:

We still have similar controls in place as what their was on the PC. Rep was easilly game-able there, and didn't really relate to people's merchanting prowess. We can xref low post count entities against known accounts to verify they're not alts, look for references, and I can always reference players corner for historical information on sales, or we can use someone else as an intermediary. And if something happens, we can always fall to forwarding information to GMs should it reach a point that they need to get involved (super last resort... They don't want to). But, standing up a feedback thread would be a great start.

Truth! I never used rep for that anyways. We'll just need to be extra careful until names are established.

peam
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 6:48:34 PM

Can we sticky a merchant feedback thread? That seemed to be pretty effective.

Kalros
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 7:29:02 PM

@peam said in Merchant Reputation, etc.:

Can we sticky a merchant feedback thread? That seemed to be pretty effective.

Adding one now!

Kalros
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 8:18:06 PM

@Whirlin

Can you merge this thread with

https://forums.elanthia.online/topic/134/merchant-folder-feedback-suggestions-questions-etc

Thanks!