App?

Parkbandit
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 12:13:01 PM

Is there an app specifically used for this type of forum, or is the web browser our only real option?

Thank you!

Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 12:23:10 PM

Short answer No. Long Answer... depends what you're looking for maybe.

Unlike vBulletin, NodeBB is designed to run more seamlessly on mobile devices using your mobile browsers' capability. Easier than a billion more stand alone applications running on your phone.

That being said, I know Luxie was having a lot of problems with some mobile formatting on iOS devices, which we can manage through template manipulation efforts that we have ongoing.

Additionally, it looks like we can enable push notifications to your mobile device using Pushbullet as an intermediary API. If this is something that people are interested in (receiving push notifications from forums sounds terrible) we can add it to the backlog.

Maetriks
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 12:50:06 PM

@whirlin said in App?:

Short answer No. Long Answer... depends what you're looking for maybe.

Unlike vBulletin, NodeBB is designed to run more seamlessly on mobile devices using your mobile browsers' capability. Easier than a billion more stand alone applications running on your phone.

That being said, I know Luxie was having a lot of problems with some mobile formatting on iOS devices, which we can manage through template manipulation efforts that we have ongoing.

Additionally, it looks like we can enable push notifications to your mobile device using Pushbullet as an intermediary API. If this is something that people are interested in (receiving push notifications from forums sounds terrible) we can add it to the backlog.

I think push notifications would be good on threads we'd be watching, like if we're running a sales thread and want to keep an eye on it.